It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After guns they're coming after your bows and crossbows!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
God I am so tired of those gun-threads...

OP, you obviously ENTIRELY missed the point that the cops had all right to do what INITIALLY DID.

They got a call from a concerned neighbor who "was scared" seeing you on your porch with your crossbow.

By law, the cops had to check the situation. There is fricking absolutely nothing wrong with this. Whether the neighbor was actually "right" with his fear is an entirely different story. I dont know you neither will most of the people in this thread. For that reason, I cannot judge whether you are right or whether the neighbor was actually justified in being scared!

Your comparison with a butter knife is HIDEOUS unless you seriously think that a butter knife is the same thing as a crossbow. The fact that you even ADMIT "you give a damn about the candy assed sheeple" is also reason for concern. To be honest, makes you look like an ahole and likely that the neighbor had a reason to be scared of you. Just my $0.02

edit on 14-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I agree that they are definitely growing more naziesque, but haven't totally started firing on the citizens yet. As of right now we are inching more and more towards a totalitarian police state.

I hate to break it to you, but the Adam Lanza's of the world will find ways to kill even if guns are banned. He could have made some pipe bombs or Molotov cocktails if he really wanted to kill and take out even more amounts of people than what he did. I just wonder why it is starting to happen more frequently. This was nearly unheard of when I was a kid and everyone had guns back then too. I think society is just turning in to a bunch of raging lunatics. I still feel that a great majority of gun owners never want to have to use their guns, but like having the option in case it is needed.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Which is exactly what the US Government has done for the last few decades and yet the American people still just sit and do nothing about it. So much for that right.

Says the person shaking in fright because a man is performing routine maintenance to a bow and crossbow on his own property.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Who, his neighbour?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

Stick to the topic of the thread and cease the personal jabs and off-topic comments.

Any further derailment of this thread will result in PB's and thread closure for Staff review.
edit on 1/14/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Who, his neighbour?
I thought you supported the neighbor for calling the cops.

Did you know that a crossbow has to be loaded, aimed and fired to be effective as a weapon?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

How was the neighbour to know the crossbow wasn't being, or already, armed?

I've asked this question multiple times and have been ignored. Why is that I wonder?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

This has nothing to do whether or not I'm a felon, the point is sheeple flip out every damn time they see a gun or soethingbpointy, the LEOs didn't know I was a felon til they ran me

Maybe your neighbors know you are a felon and were uncomfortable watching you mess with deadly weapons out where their kids might be playing?

Common sense can go a long way sometimes.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I've asked this question multiple times and have been ignored. Why is that I wonder?

Because you REFUSED to read the whole op, I said the quiver and arrows were IN THE HOUSE
Watch the video, this is EXACTLY HOW I DO MAINTAINENCE EACH AND EVERYTIME

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Because you REFUSED to read the whole op, I said the quiver and arrows were IN THE HOUSE
Watch the video, this is EXACTLY HOW I DO MAINTAINENCE EACH AND EVERYTIME

How was the neighbour supposed to know this???????

My god man, it's not that difficult a question to answer.

And I did read the whole OP mate, where you get the notion that I somehow "refused" to read the OP is beyond anything resembling logical, rational thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Because you do not load, aim and fire a crossbow while doing maintenance to it.

Sorry, but it is a silly question.
When you load a crossbow, the string is pulled back and the limbs are sprung to the rear. then you place a bolt on the string.
When you aim a crossbow, you put the buttstock on your shoulder and align the sights with the target.

The neighbor could tell that he wasn't doing the second part, I am certain.

link   
reply to post by LostCompletely

Speaking for their intentions? Isn't that exactly what the gun advocates are doing?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

link   
reply to post by Kryties

IF you had COMMON SENSE, you can't clean/maintain ANY LOADED WEAPON, be it a gun or xbow

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Kryties

Because you do not load, aim and fire a crossbow while doing maintenance to it.

You are making the mistake of assuming the neighbour knew this, or could see it clearly. Obviously not or they wouldn't have called the cops now would they?

Sorry, but it is a silly question.

No it isn't.

When you load a crossbow, the string is pulled back and the limbs are sprung to the rear. then you place a bolt on the string.
When you aim a crossbow, you put the buttstock on your shoulder and align the sights with the target.

Again you are making assumptions that the neighbour knew all of this. Obviously they did not.

The neighbor could tell that he wasn't doing the second part, I am certain.

Certain are you? So you have personally spoken to that neighbour? Didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join