It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS STABBING IN ATLANTA ! Mainstream Media Silent.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by JonPrice

MASS STABBING IN ATLANTA ! Mainstream Media Silent.,

It seems well covered to me dude

examiner.com
wrlb.com
11alive.com
fox.com

... not quite sure what you were expecting from the media??
edit on 6-1-2013 by Perhaps because: fix link

Well covered? Well covered would be that it is aired on all the actual MAIN STREAM NEWS OUTLETS (Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, ETC), all of them, and then repeated over and over again on the National Stage. Of course this will NOT be the case with mass stabbings.

The Fox link you provided is NOT national but local TAMPA, FL.....
edit on 6-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Imagine if they ran a story every time there was a fight with knives involved, where nobody died, how many channels would need to be added:

FoxStab1 - Maryland
FoxStab2 - Maryland
FoxStab3 - Maryland
FoxStab4 - Maryland

And then a whole bunch more to report the non-fatal fights involving knives in the other 49 states.

They certainly don't report every non-fatal shooting fight, we know that for certain, so why would they do so with knife fights. Should they report fist-fights as much as mass-death shooting sprees too? Do you actually believe there would be less reporting if 2-3 dozen people were murdered in a mass brick-to-brain stem killing? I mean C'mon, nobody actually believes that, do they? If there are more than a handful of people worldwide who can't differentiate between a non-fatal fight and a mass-murder of innocent children, I might just start keeping a loaded gun on me at all times, before it becomes legal here in 5 months. If people are truly insane enough to believe that, then they're insane enough to murder innocents at any moment, for no reason whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No one is dead. This thread only has 2 pages, and it's at the bottom of the home page. Even people here aren't interested. Death and sex sells, gang scraps just aren't that interesting it appears.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well may be the media has caught on not to report this crap because after one happen a few weeks later another one happens. Never say body count. Never show the culprits face. Never say culprits name. Never go nationwide because when you do that all your doing is giving a whole load of attention to someone who does not deserve it, and instead of reporting you end up glorifying what he did.

EPIC MEDIA FAIL!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The only knife attacks that should be focused on by the MSM are those that involve the attacker either dying at his own knife blade, or being overpowered and restrained by bystanders inventive usage of makeshift weapons and held until the police arrive. Reporting how much mayhem one idiot or psycho with a knife can cause is more likely to create a copy-cat attack, than it is discourage someone already carrying a blade from not doing it anymore.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
double post for some reason

edit on 6-1-2013 by IvanAstikov because: see above

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
3 a.m duh, nothing good happens after 2 a.m. Especially in atl.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My uncle was stabbed 6 times, once in the heart.

He died in the ambulance. Basically in my arms. Within 7 or so minutes.

So all you * smart people that think a ban is the cure, well, keep thinking that, I hope I never have to say I told you so.

CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY ANY LAW

What is so hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Do you see the difference in the stories that might account for the coverage or lack of it?

In one story men are arguing amongst themselves and armed with knives. Many of them get cut on the knives as knives are sharp. If this isn't news to anyone I don't know what is? LOL Significant here is that none of them died. Why, we might ask? They were armed with knives.

In the other story, an elementary school is breached and 20 - 6 years old are shot and killed by a crazed gunman.

If you don't....well I guess I don't know what to say to convince you indeed, there are significant differences.
Let's don't try to trample the first amendment while you try to fortify the second. The first is first, after all.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
My uncle was stabbed 6 times, once in the heart.

He died in the ambulance. Basically in my arms. Within 7 or so minutes.

So all you * smart people that think a ban is the cure, well, keep thinking that, I hope I never have to say I told you so.

CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY ANY LAW

What is so hard to understand?

How do criminals get their weapons?

Do they buy them?
If they had better records of guns sold, don't you think this would help them find the bad guys when the guns turn up in a crime? I mean why bother with serial numbers if you're not going to use them?

Do they steal them? Yes they do. Something like 2.5 million guns are stolen from homes and glove compartments ...so when the good guy loses his gun the bad guys get them.

This would mean ...the few guns out there the fewer the bad guys could get a hold of. Theoretically if the good guys could hang on to a gun once it leaves the good guys at the factory - we wouldn't even be discussing this.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Re your "criminals don't obey laws!" comment - it would seem neither do non-criminals if you examine the list here closely --- en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I bet if he used a gun upto 6 of them would be dead.
You are right though should be reported.

Depends on caliber and shot placement. That's also true of knife wounds - lethality varies depending on location of injury.

So basically your statement is smoke outta your tailpipe.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There's no web link to this but FoxNews did have a blurb about it earlier on the national feed channel and CBS Radio News was covering it as well, so it's out there, just not as much yet, wait until tomorrow, then it will hit everywhere I bet, it's the weekend, not as many viewers..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I live in a northwest suburb of Atlanta. In order to pick up or drop off someone at the airport I have to travel through a small part of southeast Atlanta after get off of the interstate. THAT IS NOT a good neighborhood. If all the incidents of violence in the Atlanta area were to be reported there wouldn't be room left over for the weather report. For a stabbing in a fight at a party to get as much coverage as it did it must have been a slow news day.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
quick lets ban knives!... I can make a gun that shoots knives rather then bullets

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

The idea that no one died is irrelevant.

The perpetrator intended to do harm, murder if possible. How much longer does it take to inflict a mortal wound, a second?

Anyone who thinks that "guns" are the problem is typical of a mind set which looks to blame someone else or something else rather than taking individual responsibility.

There are individuals in our society who have a propensity to commit violence, regardless of their means.

Theres plenty of examples. Take drinking. If someone gets drunk, gets into a car and kills someone, do we blame the car, the alcohol or the individual? The "take no responsibility for yourself" crowd would blame the car or the alcohol...

The big difference is that cars are not designed to kill people. This kind of argument is ridiculous! Hand guns are made for one purpose alone and that's to shoot someone. Assault weapons are designed to "assault" many many people at once and they have no place in a free society. The very word assault relates to the human so you might as well be saying person weapon. That's what it is. It's a weapon against people. I don't want to catch a stray bullet in the head from someone's assault rifle as the excersize their 2nd Ammendment. If they are using a pistol, it decreases this chance.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Most of what are called "assault" weapons are nothing more than high powered hunting rifles dressed up to look "cool". Real assault weapons are capable of several modes of fire from single shot to short bursts of three rounds or so and full auto fire. Those weapons are only available to military personnel and civilians who hold a special federal permit.

The so called assault weapons you can buy over the counter are just called that to appeal to a group of people with a military mindset. It's kind of like the difference between the family sedan and the high powered muscle car. The average citizen, budget allowing, can buy either one without a problem. But the real high powered vehicles, like AA fuel dragsters, can be compared to the true assault weapons and are only allowed to be used on special tracks made for their use. I know the analogy isn't perfect but I am sure you get the idea.

All the anti gun people who are going after the fake assault weapons are just using the name for fear mongering and to gain support from an uninformed public.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's all a matter of skill.

You can know where to stab someone to kill them just as you can know where to shoot someone.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 4lk4tr43

it's pretty funny. a bad guy listening to nancy pelosi.

a hardcore crip putting down his gun because nancy pelosi said so would probably get shot by his own crew.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There goes our knives....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join