It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS STABBING IN ATLANTA ! Mainstream Media Silent.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

All I can say is a knife is every bit as lethal as a gun.Yes you do have to get in closer range of your victim,but I (hoping to never need the info) have been taught where to hit to make an almost instance kill with a knife.And by the way I do personally know about 5 people that have been shot over the years and suprize! They all survived.Any weapon is only as lethal as the person using it.Had someone there had a gun,I'm willing to bet that this guy would never have got to stab so many people as he did.The problem isn't the guns.Its the society we are living in.The guns are just a symptom.When you have a society that thrusts people to get more more more all the time and have it bigger and better than the next guys,the pressure is on to do more, make more, etc and so on.I'm thinking the rat race isn't what its cracked up to be honestly.There has to be a better way than this.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I bet if he used a gun upto 6 of them would be dead.
You are right though should be reported.

LOL. Yeah, 6-shooters kill 6 people...alllll the time, huh? You just showed everyone that you're one more person who needs to learn gun safety bfore opening their mouths. One of the first things they'll teach you is how inaccurate handguns can be in hostile situations, or fight-or-flight scenarios (without adequate training and practice.)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

MASS STABBING IN ATLANTA ! Mainstream Media Silent.

In a way that's a GOOD thing...

EVERYTHING they say is a lie anyway.

The media NEVER speaks the truth...

“The most truthful part of a newspaper is the advertisements.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Keep this in mind...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's it we should ban all knives right now-this is ridiculous. Knives are sharp, and knives kill people. We should also polish all rocks in the world too. Sorry just playing society's music...

Nuts this isn't mainstream! Why? Because the people who control the news are trying to get rid of guns not knives (not yet).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Libtard numb nuts, ask any cop, and he'll tell you he'd rather be shot than stabbed with a knife. There's a better chance of surviving a gunshot than being stabbed.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hey what can we say about this, why not go the Mexican route (if you thought banning knives was bad wait to you see this bad boy). And just ban toy guns while your at, because we all know that small parts are dangerous for children, with the dumbing down of everyone the adults might choke as well....... I can see it now the reality of The Christmas Story happening, "You'll shoot your eye out!" or Nerf sent kid to the hospital with an eye infection. What's next banning children making a gun sign with their hands, with the whole attacking people with their fists and such that may not be too far off.... And seriously what are some people talking about here?! Go back a hundred/s years, and they were using swords and such, actually some if not all still use somewhat a little thing called a Bayonet. I know America does, so uh-oh those point things are dangerous we must ban them, and while we are it might as well ban their toy counterpart. (I still can't believe what I read in those articles wow....) P.S. knives also have the chance to go through bulletproof vests unless its a special one, just food for thought as well.

www.breitbart.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 6-1-2013 by Lycan212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

What's next banning children making a gun sign with their hands,
reply to post by Lycan212

The zero tolerance insanity has already struck in that area. I don't remember where it happened, but a grade school student was suspended for pointing his finger gun style at another student and saying bang, bang. So now we are going to amputate fingers at birth to prevent that from ever happening again. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
Keep this in mind...

Im never going to the hospital again.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

Didn't hear about it till I read your thread. Go figure.....

They want to pretend that banning guns would "end" violence, but that simply isn't true. Violent people would do what they have always done, using whatever is at hand, and convenient for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Was thinking the same thing, other types of murders are hardly ever sensationalized like when "guns" come in to play.

I live in Japan and it's known for the sarin gas attack, mass knife attack, and a lady by me that they just caught in Kobe who killed a bunch of people and hid the bodies. They always find somebody murdering people here in the land of banned guns even with it's safe streets.

Why say outlaw stupid people when they can blame a gun.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I agree, in Tokyo the guy used a van and a knife - "Seven people are killed and 10 injured in a busy Tokyo shopping district " Why wouldn't somebody turn to a car on a busy street or a knife if he doesn't have a gun?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by furono

They would. Or a bat, or a bomb, or any number of other methods. People have committed acts of violence, on every scale, for a LONG time now. Banning guns would only make more defenseless victims.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by furono

They would. Or a bat, or a bomb, or any number of other methods. People have committed acts of violence, on every scale, for a LONG time now. Banning guns would only make more defenseless victims.

That is 100% correct. Everywhere that guns have been taken out of the hands of honest law abiding citizens the crime statistics have gone through the roof. When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Atlanta, 6 stabbing victims, 6 survivors.

China, 20 stabbing victims, 20 survivors.

Newtown, 26 shooting victims, 26 dead.

Not saying the logical arguments above aren't correct. But in a mass killing situation. A gun will harm more people every time. Thats just a fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Knives are much more deadly than a gun in the context of being....If I had to choose between being stabbed or shot id take shot any day...90% chance of living after being shot once....stabbings cut arteries. Guns do have the range which is why they appear more dangerous and most people dont know how to use a knife.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by furono

The obvious solution is to allow everybody portable rocket launchers in case vehicles start veering towards them.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I love how gun lovers try to use things like this to prove a point, and it just blows up in their face.

No one died and this is a prime example as to why guns are way more dangerous than any other weapon.

Just give it up gun lovers, you are a dying breed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

I love how gun lovers try to use things like this to prove a point, and it just blows up in their face.

No one died and this is a prime example as to why guns are way more dangerous than any other weapon.

Just give it up gun lovers, you are a dying breed.

Not dying yet. If you count the number of gun owners in Wisconsin and the number of out of state hunting licenses you get a larger group of armed people than the armies of some small countries. Then you have all the reports of gun sales skyrocketing right after Obummer was re-elected.

The government may try to take away our guns but it is not going to work in this country. There are several states that simply won't let the federal government take away their guns and even in states that don't stand up for their citizens 2nd amendment rights the citizens themselves are not going to give them up anyway.

A move by the government to confiscate our guns is very likely to lead to an armed resistance or even a civil war.

Maybe some day the anti gun crowd will actually look at the statistics that prove that when guns are confiscated violent crimes committed with guns increase sharply. Why is this; because when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

While deaths by gun violence are horrific tragedies, they pale in comparison to the carnage on our highways. We could prevent orders of magnitude more deaths by clamping down hard on drunk and dangerous drivers than any gun legislation ever will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join