It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People need to be more conceited / self-interested... Wake up! (I make some good points!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Service To Others Is A Bad Idea

Most people always say that they are "in service to others" and look at the world that we live in?

When you are service to others, you keep the other person weak. Instead of them growing strong and learning to be FREE, INDEPENDENT, Support THEMSELVES, they depend on you and others for their happiness/strength.

Then when they are complaining all the time, you get mad and label them a "drama king/queen" when it was you who allowed them to stay weak and enabled them in the first place. Service to Others, and you will keep serving. Service to Self, and each individual will grow STRONG, and there would be no need for "Service to Others" . There may be times where you would still want to help another who is trying their best, but those times would become less and less as they get stronger from their own support in life.

Retaliation Is Love (an eye for eye and a tooth for tooth)

Retaliation is love. It is not at all loving to keep forgiving someone who keeps attacking you. This is the opposite of love. You are keeping them in a delusion that they can just attack whoever they want and then get what they want, when the real world does not work that way. If you punch an animal, they may forgive you and just get away from you - keep chasing them and attacking them and eventually they'll retaliate! This is true love, it teaches people how if feels to be attacked, it teaches them to "reap what they have sown". It teaches them to not take advantage of others and to be more kind.

Forget About Gods!

Even if you believe in a loving god, believing in gods creating more dis-empowerment than help. It teaches you to just allow bad to happen since the "all-so-loving" god will take care of it all. People have been worshiping gods for thousands of years now, did they do anything? Did they stop slavery? No. It took human decency and effort to stop it. A slave praying to their god saying "please free us" will continue to be a slave until they finally wake up and fight for their freedom. People need to get off their knees and stop praying and actually live the life they want to live. People are becoming apathetic, trying to escape from reality wishing to go to that heavenly castle in the sky - the kingdom of heaven; wishing that a savior can juts flying down from the sky and rescue them, and yet many predictions are made and a "savior" never comes.

When prosecutions of religions happen, no savior comes to get them. It takes HUMAN effort to stop it. Now there are people believing in "Aliens" that are supposed to be saving us from whatever disasters are supposed to be happening, this is just another form of believing in a "savior". People are being trained to be apathetic, and just hope for a "savior" to get them...

Oh well, this is my rant. It is truth whether you agree or not. Hopefully, it gets people to think...

edit on 28-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I sense alot of anger in this thread. I was going to say more but have been caught up in similar debates before on Ats with people who hold similar opinion. In all cases the agrument boiled down everything around us is an illusion of someone elses ideas and everyones a energy thief. My response is just to laugh now its so childish.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
We are here to choose LOVE...

"But what you do in this age with your heart response in love is the only thing, the only thing, the only thing that matters. In the truest sense of the word. Why are you here? To choose love.
Set your heart on a pilgrimage to be great in eternity. You are going to be there in just a moment, you are going to be there in just a moment. And what you have done in love and service is what is going to stand in that day."

Eternity Speaking

edit on 28-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Ideas (thoughts) become like living things. They evolve and change and even grow. There is no "energy" thief because "energy" belongs to no one. It is infinite - it is omnipresent - it just exists and all things are made of IT. It is pure potential just waiting to be expressed as form.

EDIT:

By saying this, I was not talking about actually becoming a "thief" stealing another's "stuff". Once the energy is expressed as form it has its own personality and that should be respected - which was another point I should have addressed in the original post. Individuality.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ideas (thoughts) become like living things. They evolve and change and even grow. There is no "energy" thief because "energy" belongs to no one. It is infinite - it is omnipresent - it just exists and all things are made of IT. It is pure potential just waiting to be expressed as form.

Its all pyscological words mumbo jumbo........you want to deal with the world and people then i suggest toughen up kid its a tough world out there.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Its all pyscological words mumbo jumbo........you want to deal with the world and people then i suggest toughen up kid its a tough world out there.

Exactly. Here is how I see things currently: Be yourself (nature is divine made of energy expressing itself), be strong (as there will be conflict), and do not take the problems of the world on your shoulder (stay focused on YOUR life and how you should act if someone in YOUR presence is suffering)...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Exactly. Here is how I see things currently: Be yourself (nature is divine made of energy expressing itself), be strong (as there will be conflict), and do not take the problems of the world on your shoulder (stay focused on YOUR life and how you should act if someone in YOUR presence is suffering)...

Well why didnt you just say that in the first place its easier to understand and relate to than all that self important hatred sounding rhetoric in your OP.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

How does this relate with anything in the original post?

Did I ever say not to love?

In fact I specifically pointed out how an attacking back someone who attacks you could be a form of love, and how being service to self could be empowering for others...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

In fact I specifically pointed out how an attacking back someone who attacks you could be a form of love, and how being service to self could be empowering for others...

All i can say to this is Twisted logic produces twisted minds!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Did you read about the reasoning in the original post? Which part is "twisted" logic and how?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

your words!
edit on 28-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
"When you are service to others, you keep the other person weak. Instead of them growing strong and learning to be FREE, INDEPENDENT, Support THEMSELVES, they depend on you and others for their happiness/strength."

it does not follow.
they may not grow or support themselves at all , they might just fall further or die.
ever if they are strong and independent , cooperation is stronger then atomic endeavor.

stifling a person's growth , leaving him on his own and supporting were he haven't reached , are three diffrent situations.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If you believe we are supposed to be selfish, cut yourself off from human contact for 6 months.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yes, but did you look at the REASONING for me saying that? I'm asking you what is twisted about the REASONING.

Originally posted by arpgme

When you are service to others, you keep the other person weak. Instead of them growing strong and learning to be FREE, INDEPENDENT, Support THEMSELVES, they depend on you and others for their happiness/strength.

Retaliation is love. It is not at all loving to keep forgiving someone who keeps attacking you. This is the opposite of love. You are keeping them in a delusion that they can just attack whoever they want and then get what they want, when the real world does not work that way. If you punch an animal, they may forgive you and just get away from you - keep chasing them and attacking them and eventually they'll retaliate! This is true love, it teaches people how if feels to be attacked, it teaches them to "reap what they have sown". It teaches them to not take advantage of others and to be more kind.

reply to post by dude1

Originally posted by dude1

they may not grow or support themselves at all , they might just fall further or die.

It's natural for a person to learn to survive, not being able to survive (support one's self) makes them deficient.

Originally posted by dude1
ever if they are strong and independent , cooperation is stronger then atomic endeavor.

Well, if a person wants to work with another to do something, they can choose to do so or not.

reply to post by Evil_Santa

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
If you believe we are supposed to be selfish, cut yourself off from human contact for 6 months.

And what would that prove? If I came back it would be for my own self-interests.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes, but did you look at the REASONING for me saying that? I'm asking you what is twisted about the REASONING.

Hello earth to moon ! you explained the reasoning behind it yourself. see one of your later replies quoted here.

All i need to do now is para phrase you in your own quote as it makes an excellento example of twisted reasoning. The twisty and turniest of your replies wont get you out of the hole dug with your twisty logic paraphernalia.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

Hello earth to moon ! you explained the reasoning behind it yourself. see one of your later replies quoted here.

That quote is NOT the explanation. In that quote I said "I specifically pointED out how..." you see that "ED" there? It is past tense. I was referring to the explanation here in the original post:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sorry, someone already beat you to creating the antichrist Bible. It is a good begining though, if you want to go down the wrong track. Everything you posted so far is against everything the Bible says. I have to agree with the other poster, everything you presented so far is twisted logic. I would hate to live in the world you envision, a world without love, a world without compassion. A world where your vision of tough loves prevales, a world where people don't help others, a world where you survive on your own or die is a very cold and calus one. No thanks. You can keep your disutopia to yourself. Your world sounds just as bad if not worse than George Orwells "1984".

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Right on Mystyery Lady

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I read through all that and i can sum it up to say your philsophy is offence is the best form of defence in matters of the heart. In other words you have sublimally revealed your true nature... the inquisitor for delivering the message of the Divine....do untoo to other before they can do it to you...Oh what a tangled web we weave!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join