It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Atheism movement is using ATS as a mouthpiece

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisescarab
reply to post by trysts

So it is a lie because the all-knowing tryst says it is?

I am not Christian, but that is the pot calling the kettle..

If you have evidence that the existence of gods is truthful, then I'm sure you won't mind sharing that, Wisecrab.

link   
Hahaha... Here's the funny thing... Atheists are Christians, Christians are Muslims, Muslims are Jews, Jews are Atheists and so on... God, or NO God, it's all in YOUR mind... So in theory, NO God, YOUR God or YOU ARE God.. "I Am Who I Am", is made up in your head...

Here's somethings i would like to know... "Amon Ra" is the Egyptian Sun God, the main God, the God of life... But why do Christians say "Amen", Jews say "Ah Mein", and Muslims say "Ah Meen", after a prayer?

Second, why do Christians rest on the "Sun's Day", not the "Son's Day" or God's Day?

And third, when your filled with the Holy Spirit, or the light, you become enlightened, and there's a light or glow around your head.. So, why is Buddah, called the enlightened state, represented by a chakra above the head? And why is Amon Ra, portrayed with a large sun disk around his?

link   
I feel there's many organizations who push their agenda on ATS.
Most people on ATS are no doubt unaffiliated, but I know there's some people affiliated, most likely with any activist organization you can think of.

So there might be a few "new athiest" people, but the vast majority of athiests are independently doing it, I believe.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

New Atheism is running rampant on ATS. It is a growing form of guerrilla warfare designed to attack religion and deceive the masses. It is fueled by hate and spews misinformation.

The "New Atheists" are 'running rampant' and part of 'guerrilla warfare'? Deceiving the masses? Fueled by hate? Spewing misinformation?

I challenge you to look at the words you used and defend them as tolerant, civil, and open-minded.

That's pretty harsh and reactionary, and not at all "gentle, honest, and accepting, fueled by love, offering information, and seeking truth." The exact same thing could be said about the Bible-thumpers and Evangelical Fundamentalists...WBC, anyone?

Wow. This is a conspiracy site, last I checked. Conspiracy "RUNS RAMPANT" in Religion, and is therefore a hot topic.
This thread belongs in Rant, doesn't it? Can you show us some "guerrilla Atheist propaganda haters" resources to back up your nefarious allegations?

I really, really like your avatar, BTW.

edit on 10-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

That is a very narrow minded, and short sighted view of things.

I am not religious. And the lack of evidence, doesn't equate to evidence. But to state that there absolutely isn't something, is unwise - especially with new sciences, and folks delving into Quantum Biology. That is a level of arrogance that makes you no better than the biggest religious zealot, and that makes you dangerous to children. Because your mentality would not seek to get answers, and explore a possibility - because you have already determined that possibility to not be there.

So, you are taking the same stance as the Church did in the 16th century. And that will not lead to any sort of progress.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You don't sound so comfortable to me. You're making accusations and claiming that there's a conspiracy when there is NONE.

If you were so secure in your beliefs, this thread would be totally unnecessary. Chew on that morsel for a bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theory101

Now THAT'S what I call a slam dunk on a religious thread. Let's see how they react to your "guerrilla warfare", eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Troll somewhere else. I won't bite.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

edit on 10-12-2012 by lambs to lions because: unnecessary

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

[quote
Wow. This is a conspiracy site, last I checked. Conspiracy "RUNS RAMPANT" in Religion, and is therefore a hot topic.

I really, really like your avatar, BTW.

Which is why I wrote about a conspiracy involving New Atheism.

link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Taking sides is for clowns....

Clown.

Troll somewhere else. I won't bite.

I believe what Spacey was trying to say is that fighting over something that neither side has all the answers for is a bit stupid, because without all the answers neither side can win. But if both sides work together, you might get those answers a lot faster.

But both sides are too proud to admit that the other side might have something they don't. And I think that also was what Spacey was getting at. Star for you, Spacey, because this thread really is full of clowns.

Edit: one more thing. For understanding the purpose of this forum, and not holding anyone's opinion against them you sure have a strange reaction to people who imply that taking a side is foolish. Almost like a "with us or against us" mentality.
edit on 10-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

link   

I knew there was an overzealous concerted effort to attack faith at ATS, I just didn't know who was behind it and why they were doing it.

Thank you, OP. Now I will keep a skeptical eye out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I hate to point out the obvious but there's only one troll here and that's you.

Don't take it personally. You're just not as secure in your beliefs as you claim to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

You don't sound so comfortable to me. You're making accusations and claiming that there's a conspiracy when there is NONE.

If you were so secure in your beliefs, this thread would be totally unnecessary. Chew on that morsel for a bit.

I can assure you that I am in fact very comfortable. It is entirely your opinion that there is not a conspiracy, and you are welcome to that opinion. Being secure in my beliefs allows me to engage in debate with non-believers. There is not a thread on this site that is "necessary." But, we write them nonetheless. Chew on that morsel for a bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisescarab

You're making no sense. You act like gods are this mysterious phenomenon that hasn't been investigated thoroughly. Where are they? If you allow people to make things up, then treat these imaginations as true, and something to respect, then you're not helping anybody. If you don't have the guts to say something is not there when it clearly is not there, then you're part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

So what conspiracy do you see here?

link   

Originally posted by trysts
Hilarious! You must have forgotten that you read my first comment in this thread, and then you said I was on a crusade because of some "inner" problem I have that I won't confront. The religious people don't live inside me, and are not my imagination.
That's the whole point isn't it? Finding an outer scapegoat...

They are an external problem.
I'm not saying they are not a problem. I'm saying most atheists are becoming a part of the problem my propagating violence towards them, thus making the actions pretty much the same as the violence that religious people have committed, to reach their goals.

They believe in things that don't exist, which would not be so bad if they didn't have churches on every corner conducting bizarre ceremonies with their children by their side. Then they get into politics, creating schizms based upon angels and demons.
That's not really a problem of religion. That's a problem of politicians being retarded and the system being broken. And corporations' lobbying is way more damaging than religious lobbying. People should stop trying to make states religious, I agree there. However, religion was invented as a state method of control in the first place, and the current state is an effect of that invention in the past. There is no real difference between imaginary demons and real ones. In the past imaginary ones were enough, currently there is always a 'real' demon. There's always a war on something. War on drugs, war on poverty, war on cancer, these are all the modern representation of these demons to keep people under control. This is going off-topic though, so let's move on.

Their children go through the brainwashing that grandma may burn in hell for eternity, but you shouldn't worry about it because you won't.
Is that your past talking?

This is probably why it's so simple for people not to care if their country is bombing other countries, because they have been brought up to neglect the most extreme notions of suffering--like eternal suffering-- so long as it's not happening to them in their country.
So... We have to make the religious suffer and that will make everything alright...?

I didn't say you were religious, I said you were dishonest. Ignoring the problem of religious people is like ignoring a tumor.
I'm not ignoring the problem. I'm only pointing out that by resorting to the current methods most atheists use, they are becoming a part of the problem rather than resolving it. Like I said in my prior post, aggression does not work. How many religious have been 'converted' to atheism by slander, which is the most prevalent method among atheists? Is it unexpected, that people don't make an effort and in the worst case completely reject all atheists, when you basically already rejected what they think or even ridicule them for thinking it without having a proper conversation? Why would anyone choose to listen to you, let alone join you when the first thing you do is make them feel like a social outcast?

You all know this. Don't pretend you don't. This is not about making the world a better place. This is about making yourself feel better, and using that argument as an excuse.

link   

And I can assure you that I do not believe a word you are saying.

It's like you woke up today and thought, "hey, maybe I'll troll the atheists on ATS by claiming there's a movement to overrun ATS!"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Huh? Ok, well thanks for the response. The philosophy and metaphysics thread is that way------->

WHAT, uh uh...No you dont...
I would like a response to theory....
And his post is MORE than valid to the discussion.
Personaly i have NO BELIFE in any DIETY whatsoever.
I belive in Mankind and Human kindness.
But i dont try to shove that in ppls throats. THATS
my concern with religion.

Leave me be and ill leave you be. Or you will get response in
return from MY STANDPOINT, as an "atheist"....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Many so called Atheists on ATS are far more zealous and hate filled than a lot of the so called Christians here. But this old argument goes both ways. Whenever we get an pro Christian or pro God or pro religion threads, and we know they pop up everyday, usually the first poster is a person from the atheist camp always ready to mock, put down or basically tell us they know for a fact there is no higher power and we all need to listen to them because they know. Same as when ever we get anti Christian or anti God or anti religion threads, and we know they pop up everyday, usually the first poster is someone quoting long verses from the bible that in their minds explain everything and we should all just listen to them because they know.
We can all agree that religion has killed millions of people over the centuries through endless persecutions, and its not just Christians, its Islamist, Hindu's, Sikhs, and hundreds of other sects and offshoots all over the world that have participated in murder in the name of religion. But at the same time many peoples lives have been saved by various religious organizations through food, shelter, water and many missionary works all over the world.
We can all also agree that science, which is really the religion of Atheists, has killed millions of people over the centuries through endless wars, waged with weapons created with science, such as atomic bombs, chemical weapons,and so on, many atheists have blood on their hands through murder in the name of science. But also at the same time science has saved millions of lives through vaccines, medicines, better health care for our children and so on.
So the way I see it there is a constant balance between the two camps, both pro and con that will never end this debate. Unless people can put aside their zealous beliefs in either camp and look at the bigger picture, this fight will never end.

I do not like to call myself a Christian because the term has been so tainted and dirtied over the centuries, but I do believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. I don't claim to have all the answers and I don't claim to belong to either camp, but to continually see this never ending battle here and the way both sides dig in and the simmering hatred that ensues, really bothers me and doesn't seem to fit with the ATS spirit of tolerance and intelligence.
To the Atheists: Just because we can't see something physically it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We can't see air or the wind but we know it's there, so If there are people on ATS who can humble themselves before an invisible presence and wish to express that feeling to others I don't see that as a problem.

To the religious: Just because people want to chose their own path in life and be the controller of their own destiny doesn't mean they are going to hell or God will stop loving them. The way I see it as well is God is science and science is God. If he created everything about us then he created science and if people want to embrace science and they want to express those feeling to others I don't see a problem with that also.

So I plead to all members here to stop creating Threads just to flame either side and create further division.
We are all right and we are all wrong. Just take a second to think before you feel the need to flame and troll someones thread be it religious or atheist.

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join