It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Using September 11th For Political Gain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I am completely shocked and slightly disturbed by this report. How on earth could Bush think this helps him. It sickens me.

Firstly, heres the news report from NPR on their page here.

The two presidential candidates took sharply different turns today. In Pennsylvania and Ohio, President Bush ratcheted up his rhetoric on terrorism, and said his opponent does not have what it takes to stand up against terrorists. In Wisconsin, Sen. John Kerry stuck to his message on jobs and the economy, citing new unemployment numbers in several battleground states and arguing that a president has to protect both American jobs as well as the homeland. NPR's Don Gonyea reports from Canton, Ohio.

Okay, so this is where it gets interesting. I've been hearing reports of this from people who attend Bush/Cheney rallies and i've always been skeptical about it.

President Bush started the day in Pennsylvania, a state he has visited 41 times since taking office.

This morning he spoke in a hockey arena in Wilkes Barre.

"Just seems like yesterday I was here in Wilkes Barre. But come to think of it, I was."

But that folksy greeting quickly gave way to a speech that contained a sustained assault on John Kerry, portraying the Democrat as a man who won't do what is necessary to protect the nation.

Before the president took the stage, images from the World Trade Center wreckage played on the arena's giant TV screens.

Shocking and sickening. He's using images from 9/11 to get a crowd pumped.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Actually they geared his entire campaign toward the 9/11 and the war on terror, but he got stuck with Kerry and the domestic agenda.

See bush was able to do a good job on the way he is fighting "terrorism" or that is what he thought but then he is weaker when it comes to problems with domestic agenda.

So he is going to keep nailing the 9/11 because make him bring back the popularity he got after 9/11 or that is what he thinks.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Shocking and sickening. He's using images from 9/11 to get a crowd pumped.

Even more sickening is the people in the crowd letting themselves be played that way.

Flame me if you will but at least Michael Moore (I'm not a huge fan) used a black screen with sound only to make a point.

What point do you think the political machine is trying to make here?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As much as liberals want 9/11 to go away, it won't. We will never forget!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The thing I don't get is...

If you're campaigning as a "war president" trying to keep 'Murka safe then WHY would you constantly dredge up images of the biggest security failure in history that happened on your watch?

Oy.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Both sides have used 9/11 in their campaign .I guess nobody saw the Kerry ad about 9/11.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Both sides have used 9/11 in their campaign .I guess nobody saw the Kerry ad about 9/11.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

I'm not advocating we "forgettaboutit" and move on, because it is a massive event that was cause by an intelligence failure and it should never have happened and probably never would have had the administration at the time been competent.

What I disagree with is the latest whoring of the tragedy to pump up crowd.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Both sides are doing it not just the Bush campaign. Im sure if anyone lives in a swing state they have already seen both ads that deal with 9/11.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Bush is a classless piece of garbage. Cmon. You could see the smirk on his face on 9-11 when he was giving his speaches to the nation. He loved it. There was joy in his face. And of course if we are to measure him based on the war on terror then answer these questions....

1. Where is bin Laden?
2. Where is Omar (Taliban Leader)
3. Where are the WMD?
4. Are the people of Iraq safe now?
5. Was Ghadaffi brought to justice?

Bush was an absolute failure.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

.................... probably never would have had the administration at the time been competent.

what a pandering and ignorant statement....do you not remember khobar, world trade center 1, any of the other 6 or 7 attackes prior to bush being in office...i know you are a partisan liberal but please don't be so _____

[edit on 22-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nerdling what are you going to do for entertainment after Bush is re-elected ?

As soon as the media placed an embargo on 9/11 imagery the democrats made veiled warnings about campaigns refering to them (2003) I believe this was because they knew how powerful these images were in the american mind.

A concerted effort was launched in preparation for the election cycle by democrats and the media to demonize anyones reference to 9/11 when the campaigns got into full swing in early 2004, knowing full well these images would implicate the prior democratic adminstration as inept.

Bush was in office what 7 months when the WTC was hit.

The FBI and CIA were not legally allowed to share information, leaders of both agencies were holdovers from Clinton.

The Senate was holding up Bush appointees for as long as they could get away with.

And 20/20 hindsight shows that the Clinton administration had ample oppurtunity to resolve this problem before its tragic conclusion (please refer to 9/11 commission report)

My god even the oft cited Siebel Edmunds complaint talks of total management foul-up at FBI as the reason information did not get to higher levels.

Anyways my point is Bush has every right to refer to 9/11 and its lessons in his campaign because it was mainly a failure of a previous administration that treated terrorism as a law enforcement issue rather than a military issue as he has done.

Kerry in his own words has indicated he wants this to return to a law enforcement issue which is a failed policy as 9/11 showed all of us.

And another question if you please; Do you reside in the USA, I 've seen another post where it appeared you live in Scotland ? - is that correct?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

.................... probably never would have had the administration at the time been competent.

what a pandering and ignorant statement....do you not remember khobar, world trade center 1, any of the other 6 or 7 attackes prior to bush being in office...i know you are a partisan liberal but please don't be so _____

[edit on 22-10-2004 by keholmes]

Yes I remember WTC 1. Could you please detail the other "6 or 7" attacks.

I assume you're reffering to USS Cole and twin embassy bombings. Firstly, The USS Cole was hit by terrorists who used a rubber dingy under the cover of darkness with an improvised bomb. It was also in a relatively hostile area.

The twin embassy bombs were conducted in Africa where security is, shall we say, less than kosher.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
1. The Intelligence Community knew of a plot to attack the United States with civilian airliners. I believe one of Bushes daily briefings was entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside" US. Western intelligence was aware of plans such as these They called the plan "Projegt Bojinka. Two weeks before Sept 11th The FBI confirmed that an attack on lower manhattan was imminent.

2. Where the hell was the air force?
No orders were given to scramble fighters are a plane crashed into a building on lower manhattan at 8:46am. The day was clear and visibility was unobstructed. Why fighters were not scrambled perplexes me, with over 300 billion beng spent every year then I think you can afford to have one or two fighters ready to cover the east coast at a moments notice. Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland which is only 15 minutes from Washington houses squadrons of fighters dedicated to the air defence of Washington and the immediate area. These fighters were not scrambled until after the pentagon was hit.

3. Box cutters and knives onto aircraft bypassing security? Absolute incompetence that cannot be argued with.

4. How were they able to name Osama Bin Laden as the culprit so quickly? I mean, they were saying he did the attack barely 12 hours after it had all settled. Now I know the FBI and CIA are good, but they aren't THAT good, within hours they had identified all the hijackers and linked em to Al-Qaeda. That makes me a little suspicious.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
And the initial planning for and discovery of "Bojinka" was during what administration ?

Don't throw false flag crap that is obviously politically motivated on your part to deflect responsibility from the Clinton administration in an effort to implicate a nascent Bush administration.

The problem here is that Kerry is spouting the same BS as Clinton did when it comes to terrorist's

Its all political and you know it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The order to scramble planes with the order to fire on civilian aircrafts was given, but the official story goes that the pilots never got this order.

But really how do you think that last plane crashed into a empty field?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
And the initial planning for and discovery of "Bojinka" was during what administration ?

Bojinka was originally concieved in the Philipines.

Don't throw false flag crap that is obviously politically motivated on your part to deflect responsibility from the Clinton administration in an effort to implicate a nascent Bush administration.

Ah, the force of crap is strong with this one. George W Bush was given a daily briefing, one of these daily briefings contained clear information that Osama Bin Laden was financing attacks that involved hijacking passenger planes and crashing them into buildings into the United States. The title of this briefing was "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside United States". I don't know about you but all that adds up to a serious failure to implement already gathered intelligence. No order was given to the FAA to increase security.

The problem here is that Kerry is spouting the same BS as Clinton did when it comes to terrorist's

Bill Clinton said that getting Osama was his number 1 terrorism priority. The White House advisors of the Clinton era had briefed Bush's transition team on data concering Osama repeatedly stating he'd have to be focussed on.

The first thing the Bush White House did once it was in power was filed reports that hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage was done by Clinton employee's leaving. The General Accounting Office report found that no damage had been done at all.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Bojinka was originally concieved in the Philipines.

point being?

������. I don't know about you but all that adds up to a serious failure to implement already gathered intelligence. No order was given to the FAA to increase security.

I would be interested to see your thoughts on the patriot act? ah, i'll probably just do a search on your prior posts to get that....i wonder whether you'd be for that order to increase security or against it. and why not just deal with the problem prior to it being a problem why wait and let the next guy deal with it?

Bill Clinton said that getting Osama was his number 1 terrorism priority. The White House advisors of the Clinton era had briefed Bush's transition team on data concering Osama repeatedly stating he'd have to be focussed on.

let�s see he personally intervenes and stops the military and the CIA from �focusing� on him�.and then let the next guy know�.we were busy getting hummers and now you need to do what we should have done. I notice you didn�t address the limited time that the bush administration had in office�.a time during which demos were playing politics and gumming up the appointment approval process, I remember discussions in the media of bush maybe not being able to get his entire administration in place before the end of his presidency.

new topics

top topics

join