It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Nephilim?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have seen so many threads which talk about the "return of the Nephilim", and it just really annoys me because such phrasing would imply the Nephilim are some type of angels or Gods or perhaps aliens from outer space. It's easy to find many examples if this with a quick search:

Why Lake of Fire, Nephilim may return -- this year
The return of the Nephilim "aliens" and 2012
Chuck Missler: Return of the Nephilim
26th July: Return Of The Nephilim?
Return of the Nephilim

I want to clear this up once and for all so people don't sound stupid when talking about the Nephilim. The Nephilim are the bastard off-spring of the fallen angels, half human and half "angel". They were supposedly mortal giants and it is assumed they were killed off in the great flood.

It's not even logical to suggest the "Nephilim may return" because they are mortal hybrids... it's about the return of the Gods and angels who came from the sky. The Nephilim were mortal giants mixed in with human society and they were eventually killed off (seeing as we don't have giants around today).

The Nephilim (play /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/) were on the earth when the "sons of God" (either fallen angels or those from the line of Seth) and the "daughters of men" (either men or those from the line of Cain) began to inter-marry according to Genesis 6:4; and were giants who inhabited Canaan according to Numbers 13:33.

en.wikipedia.org...

they were also said to have been a mixed race of giant people, descendants of the Nephilim (Numbers 13:33). The use of the word "Nephilim" in this verse describes a crossbreed of God's sons and the daughters of man, as cited in (Genesis 6:1-2) and (Genesis 6:4).

en.wikipedia.org...

As we can see the bible clearly states they were the result of the fallen angels breeding with humans. Even if we go right back to some of the very first creation stories, such as those told by the Sumerians, the story is exactly the same, except the Gods and angels were called the Annunaki and Igigi.

The Annunaki were the higher Gods, and the Igigi were the "fallen angels" who revolted against the Annunaki and interbred with our women. We also see the tale of the great flood echoed in Sumerian mythology, a flood which destroyed the Nephilim giants and almost wiped out the human race.

Watch the following video and it will all come together and make perfect sense:

edit on 22/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Hey ChaoticOrder

The Nephilim, by definition, are the Giants born of 'The Watchers/Fallen Ones/Supreme Ones sexual activities with human (Adam) women BUT there are also sections of the Bible, namely Isaiah 13, that also refer to 'The Lord of Hosts' being the commander of an army of Giants 'from a land afar off, from the utmost foundation of heaven'. These, too, may be a 'type' of Nephilim and they also seem to inhabit another world somewhere in space (a land afar OFF, FROM THE UTMOST FOUNDATION OF HEAVEN)

There are references on those Mayan tiles they found that correlate with the end of Mayan calendar date that suggest either the return of the 'nine' Gods.....or a celebration celebrating the 'Nine' Gods. Given Archaeologists and Theologists, much like many of the translations of the Bible, if the raw interpretation doesn't fit in with their beliefs, or their understanding, then they make it fit in with what they know/believe.

These Nine Gods could also be the Nephilim, or they could even be The Supreme Ones, or maybe even the Ruler of All.

Furthermore:

"Nephilim" (נְפִילִים) probably derives from the Semitic root npl (נָפַל), "to fall" which also includes "to cause to fall" and "to kill, to ruin".[citation needed] The Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon gives the meaning as "giants"[1] Robert Baker Girdlestone[2] argued the word comes from the Hiphil causative stem. Adam Clarke took it as passive, "fallen", "apostates". Ronald Hendel states that it is a passive form "ones who have fallen", equivalent grammatically to paqid "one who is appointed" (i.e. overseer), asir, "one who is bound", (i.e. prisoner) etc.[3][4]

So it also suggests 'The fallen ones'.
edit on 22-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: Scientists use raw data, and generally publish conflicting info therefore cannot be categorised in the manner that I did

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

These Nine Gods could also be the Nephilim

That's what I'm talking about... leaps of logic like that are totally irrational. 99% of accounts from numerous mythologies around the world describe the Nephilim as mortal half-human half-angel beings whom roamed the Earth before being killed off by the Gods who were displeased with their presence. There is absolutely no reason to take it any further than that and postulate things such as what you said above, they clearly were not Gods, they were the mortal off-spring of Gods and they were not allowed to exist for very long. That's all there is to it... in reality we should be saying it's the "return of the Annunaki" or maybe the return of the Igigi or fallen angels. But "return of the Nephilim", it's just completely illogical by all accounts and I'm sick of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
From the video,

"The Igigi revolted against Enlil."

"The Grigori revolted against Yahweh."

Great links + video.

Thanks, off to reading more

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

These Nine Gods could also be the Nephilim

That's what I'm talking about... leaps of logic like that are totally irrational. 99% of accounts from numerous mythologies around the world describe the Nephilim as mortal half-human half-angel beings whom roamed the Earth before being killed off by the Gods who were displeased with their presence. There is absolutely no reason to take it any further than than and postulate things such as what you said above, they clearly were not Gods, they were the mortal off-spring of Gods and they were not allowed to exist for very long. That's all there is to it... in reality we should be saying it's the "return of the Annunaki" or maybe the return of the Igigi or fallen angels. But "return of the Nephilim", it's just completely illogical by all accounts and I'm sick of it.

Using logic when referring to text that where written by a supperstisous people in books that some peoplefind to be utter fairy tales....now that is baffeling.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

But the word merely represents Giants/Fallen Ones. It doesn't necessarily apply ONLY to the offspring of the Fallen Ones. The problem is you're exclusively applying it to the offspring.

The Bible is terribly mistranslated in the first place. It's best to work off The Septuagint than any Modern Version of the Bible.

Given the Mayan Gods were also claimed to be blonde giants is it really that much of a leap?
edit on 22-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
From the video,

"The Igigi revolted against Enlil."

"The Grigori revolted against Yahweh."

Great links + video.

Thanks, off to reading more

Yes exactly... all these mythologies tie together perfectly, from the fallen angels to the Nephilim to the great flood; all these stories can be found in numerous mythologies from numerous different ages. There is certainly a very real aspect of truth to these stories imo, especially the great flood story, which is recounted in countless mythologies.

For the record let me provide my personal interpretation of these mythologies so people can understand my position. First of all I want to make it clear that I don't believe in angels or demons or gods, in the biblical sense. In fact I believe the Gods (the Annunaki) were just advanced aliens. A faction of the Annunaki known as the Igigi or fallen angels, revolted for one reason or another and interbred with humans (possible because we were formed from their DNA in their image).

The fact that giant men once did roam the Earth can be backed up with fossils of massive humans of staggering size. This interbreeding I believe was seen as blasphemy by the Annunaki, and the Earth was flooded to destroy the Nephilim. After a lot of research I have reached the conclusion that the flood was caused by the natural or intentional melting of the polar ice caps. This also helps explain why we have old maps which show Antarctica with little to no ice.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

But "return of the Nephilim", it's just completely illogical by all accounts and I'm sick of it.

I see the Nephelim as similar to Hercules, and less like Goliath. It also reminds me of the talk of "gray alien hybrid", which the grays have also been called the Archons.(Arch-angel?)

Playing devil's advocate, maybe they have a new batch of Nephilim for modern Earth?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

But the word merely represents Giants/Fallen Ones. It doesn't necessarily apply ONLY to the offspring of the Fallen Ones. The problem is you're exclusively applying it to the offspring.

That's because it SHOULD be exclusively used to describe the Nephilim in order to avoid confusion. The Nephilim were the offspring of the fallen ones... it isn't very helpful if we use the same term to describe the fallen ones and their half-human offspring. That's just completely silly and that's not how the word was meant to be used.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

And your interpretation is very similar to mine.

Only variation is the fact the Annunaki were also Giant, therefore the Igigi could have been the original Nephilim but because they revolted the Annunaki/High Gods created Humans. But what if the Igigi were also Giants, the Annunaki weren't happy with the Human workers so instead attempted to recreate the Igigi who had left, but the experiment went wrong because these Nephilim weren't Genetically restricted because they were created from 'Creator beings', so the experiment was cancelled. That's one theory.

The other possibility is when this planet was originally terraformed it was created with a Water canopy enveloping the Planet which spread the sunlight evenly around the Planet. This also enabled Humans to live for much longer, hence the extreme ages in the Bible of the descendants of the original Adams. When they cancelled the experiment they collapsed this water canopy with a comet that then flooded the planet temporarily.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

How do you know? What if it just refers to Giant ones? Trace the word back. It is a general term for Giants and/or Fallen ones.

If you meet two types of Aliens do you call them Alien or do you make up a separate term to define the difference? No, you just call them alien as a general rule. Only when you know them intimately can you then separate the two by their actual names/race.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Water barrier around planet Earth?
Where did you read this?
Would ya say this was natural phenom or did they create it?
I can't imagine how that would work at all.

^ Pretty cool idea

wouldn't the water dissipate and boil away because there isn't any atmosphere-pressure to hold it together?
edit on 22-11-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The Igigi / fallen angels obviously were giants compared to normal humans, that's why their offspring were also giants. But if were are going to use your train of thought, we may as well just say "the return of the giants", that's makes a lot more sense doesn't it? The Nephilim, as described in the bible and numerous other mythologies is specifically used to describe the giant offspring of the fallen ones and I think we can avoid a lot of confusion if we just stick to that. Using the term "Nephilim" as a broad definition for any giant alien is just silly and only helps muddy up the waters for people who are trying to understand these things.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I do say 'Return of the Giants'.

And I wholly agree with you. But the term Nephilim is unclear, yes it generally applies to the offspring.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I read this in the current restoration of the Ancient Hebrew bible being done by The Chronicle Project where the raw translation suggests:

-Earth was chosen to be added to the Group of already habited planets
-There are two sets of beings, The Supreme Ones who were tasked with Terraforming and Creation of Life on Earth and then there was their leader, The Ruler of All.
-It suggests that when Earth was terraformed they divided the Planet's water, half mounted in the sky and half mounted on the Earth
-It also suggests the Moon was placed into orbit by them

The original, raw, translation of the Hebrew bible mentions nothing of a singular 'God' creating the universe in 7 days. Only the mention of this planet being chosen and then the order of terraforming until the creation of Adam (their word for Human) (meaning something like 'the appointed ones' (appointed to care for the planet).

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Your point is?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Use the reply button. Then we'll know who that question is for.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the link, very interesting website.

Will poke around it, which specific area has what you are mentioning?
I've heard of much of these concepts, but never half of the ocean enveloping Earth like yolk in an egg.

edit on 22-11-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Read The Restored books of Genesis, but first have a read of the Research Notes so you understand how they discovered the Self-Defining Language system within the Hebrew language.

Once you've read them you'll grasp everything else much better. The Genesis books have all the info, right from the beginning. It follows a similar flow to the original bible only with far more interesting, and detailed, info....and the fact it is untainted and free from doctrinal bias makes it all the more appealing to read. What it reveals is very very interesting.

It also clarifies a lot of the weird stuff like Abraham marrying his sister (which actually didn't even happen, it was a mistranslation).

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The original, raw, translation of the Hebrew bible mentions nothing of a singular 'God' creating the universe in 7 days. Only the mention of this planet being chosen and then the order of terraforming until the creation of Adam (their word for Human) (meaning something like 'the appointed ones' (appointed to care for the planet).

The normal/mainstream translation of the bible still has many hints that God isn't a singular being, it often refers to the lord as if he were multiple beings. They did their best to cover it up, but it's still obvious. Thanks for that link too, I didn't know you could download the pdf files in such a nice easy to read format.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join