It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Swings Cat Over His Head in Backyard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Alex Jones is calling for an American Revolution . . . seriously. The following video statement by him leads me to ask, "Is he calling for the overthrow of the elected government of the United States, the government elected by the citizens of the United States?"

I looked up American Revolution on Wikipedia. It appears that there are various conferences and congresses that usually precede an American Revolution. Perhaps I misheard Alex. Prehaps he intends to re-convene the Continental Congress for a "fact finding" session. I think that would be more appropriate.

I would never support the overthrow of a duly elected government.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I looked up American Revolution on Wikipedia. It appears that there are various conferences and congresses that usually precede an American Revolution. Perhaps I misheard Alex. Prehaps he intends to re-convene the Continental Congress for a "fact finding" session. I think that would be more appropriate.

While I don't support Alex Jones, I cannot fathom a plea from a poster that relies on Wikipedia for their information. It is a starting point, that is all. The question is, when a duly elected government encroaches upon and neglects principles of the previous, do the People have the political power to do something about it?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Why not?

Our government, with the exception of Ron Paul, is a sham.

Politicians are bought and paid for, they serve money interests. Our "democracy" is an illusion. In this last election, we were given the choice to vote between Obamacare or the man who wrote Obamacare: Romney.

The elections are a joke and our government is criminal.

As William Cooper used to say, he doesnt want a "revolution" but a restoration of Constitutional government. Why do you think the 2nd Amendment was so high on the list, duck hunting?

But we should start with peaceful means. First step is non-compliance: stop paying income taxes. Stop paying into this giant Federal Mafia/criminal organization.

edit on 16-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Wikipedia is generally a good source of information if you want the "notes" version of something.

You are right. It is a starting point but not the starting point.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I agree with Alex . yet I have a feeling .. he thinks he has the audience of Rush or Savage for his word to go out .. If not for Drudge . I don't think many people would have seen this yesterday .

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Why not?

On the face of it, it is anti-democratic.

Our government, with the exception of Ron Paul, is a sham.

It may be a sham but it is a sham that goes on with the consent of the majority of Americans.

Politicians are bought and paid for, they serve money interests. Our "democracy" is an illusion. In this last election, we were given the choice to vote between Obamacare or the man who wrote Obamacare: Romney.

The elections are a joke and our government is criminal.

This could well be the case.

As William Cooper used to say, he doesnt want a "revolution" but a restoration of Constitutional government. What do you think the 2nd Amendment was for, duck hunting?

Duck hunting is in fact what it has been mostly used for. William Cooper, RIP.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Alex Jones is calling for an American Revolution . . . seriously.

And he says this is his most important show in 17 years! Doesn't he always say that?

He's encouraging people to seceed. Yep, like I want my name on what will turn out to be a government hit list.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
But we should start with peaceful means. First step is non-compliance: stop paying income taxes. Stop paying into this giant Federal Mafia/criminal organization.

Wikipedia talked about stuff like this.

en.wikipedia.org...

A total of about 7000 to 8000 Patriots served on "Committees of Correspondence" at the colonial and local levels, comprising most of the leadership in their communities—the Loyalists were excluded. The committees became the leaders of the American resistance to British actions, and largely determined the war effort at the state and local level. When the First Continental Congress decided to boycott British products, the colonial and local Committees took charge, examining merchant records and publishing the names of merchants who attempted to defy the boycott by importing British goods.[43]

They promoted patriotism and home manufacturing, advising Americans to avoid luxuries and lead more simple lives. The committees gradually extended their power over many aspects of American public life. They set up espionage networks to identify disloyal elements, displaced the royal officials, and helped topple the entire imperial system in each colony. In late 1774 in early 1775, they supervised the elections of provincial conventions, which took over the operation of colonial governments.[44]

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Standing on ceremony is half of the cause of this mess called America.

Let's throw salt over our shoulder and hope things go well.

Jones is a tool. The drug of fame has him now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Misleading title is misleading.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Standing on ceremony is half of the cause of this mess called America.

The other half of the cause is throwing caution to the wind.

Let's throw salt over our shoulder and hope things go well.

Jones is a tool. The drug of fame has him now.

I think Alex has issues. He is not a calculating person. He is high strung, impetuous. I would lash him with a wet noodle and sentence him to be a talk show host for the rest of his life.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet
Misleading title is misleading.

Venn vonn deezcusses the most dangerous and darkest conspiracies cohmraid, it is necessessary to throw off the bloodhounds of ze authorities by shoosing subtle and bland ditles for ze threads. Jah?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I agree with gladtobehere. Things get even more confusing when you realize Cooper was the real deal and wonder why Alex Jones has disowned him several times in the past. Heck ive been listening and a called brought up Bill's name and Alex cut him off and moved on, couldnt be more blatant. Anyways, I really dont think anything that provocative was said in the video, if you listen he is talking about state rights, as in nullification and succession. If anything bringing people together to figure out how to restore the constitution will be a positive thing. As it stand now, the majority of the people in this country either dont vote or label themselves as independent. The people who actually buy into the system and push their parties are really the minority here. They need to come together under create the second revolution, an intellectual change of mind which realizes the real enemy is central banking and corruption, not party politics.

Intellectual Revolution

edit on 16-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

PS And dont tell me the video of Bill Cooper saying America was about to be the victim to a huge attack by Osama Bin Laden months before 9/11 doesnt make you think.
edit on 16-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

What you say is interesting in the light of what John Adams said in 1818.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looking back, John Adams concluded in 1818:

"The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people....This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution."[50]

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Now that... in all of this temper tantrum throwing and talking about secession...

Petitioning the White House is nothing, talking about it blogs is nothing. That man has some seriously fanatical followers, that is worrisome. Also, I'm sure Ron Paul absolutely loved having his name dragged into that boat of crazy. Maaaaaaaaan what the dude won't do for a dollar, he is going to get some poor imbalanced person killed.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well I'm relieved to find Alex wasn't really being mean to a cat in his yard.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You raise some very interesting points. Ron Paul is unlikely, in my view, to accept a draft into a movement that seems to exist largely in Alex's mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

There are any number of NWO types that Alex would swing over his head in his backyard, but never a cat. I've already been taken to task over the title and will never author another thread on ATS with that title again.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The original revolution was pushed in to existence by less than 15% of the population at the time. You would be back then making the argument that British rule is lawful. Nothing changes.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

Yes, is the title of the thread meant as a propaganda attack about Alex Jones because the OP cannot debate the topic on his own merits?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join