It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Scott Davis, president and principal engineer of GexCon US, an explosion investigation firm, questioned whether a furnace could cause the type of damage seen in the neighborhood. Furnaces have multiple safety triggers that prevent them from releasing that much natural gas.

Read more: www.wsvn.com...
edit on 12-11-2012 by Staroth because: posted date wrong

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

Originally posted by 4ajodster
They still haven't found a cause.

So far no problems found with gas lines.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

My opinion is its something other than from gas. I don't think its from a Meth lab. I think its something external looking at pictures because of the crater. Just my opinion.

Show me a good picture of the crater so I can try and see how you folks do. As I have said before, natural gas leak is currently the only plausible reason why as of right now.
edit on 12-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

You mean you haven't seen the pics yet? I find that hard to believe.
But here you go anyways.....

willyloman.files.wordpress.com...

www.indy.gov...

edit on 12-11-2012 by 4ajodster because: removed last 2 links b/c broken and my phone sucks

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

Only your first link works....just letting you know, so you can fix them...

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
...I dunno, this is odd indeed... and I'm not implying that he's the culprit, but it's certainly not out of the question if it does turn out to be a gas explosion.

Too many questions

Thanks for putting some effort into this...
The primary problem I have with this scenario would be - "Is he the kind of person that would risk killing his daughter in such a deliberate act?"
I know - there are plenty (too many to be comfortable with) of examples of such personalities...but - it takes a "special" circumstance or person to actually do it.

link   

Originally posted by Staroth
Happened 11/11 at 11PM

I believe it happened at 11pm ish on 11/10.

Perhaps this is one of those perfect storm scenarios...a meteor crashed into a house that happened to be filled with gas

As a reasonable aside, weren't people mentioning streaming lights of many different colours?

That seems patently strange.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

link   

usnews.nbcnews.com...

My opinion is its something other than from gas. I don't think its from a Meth lab. I think its something external looking at pictures because of the crater. Just my opinion.

Show me a good picture of the crater so I can try and see how you folks do. As I have said before, natural gas leak is currently the only plausible reason why as of right now.

www.indy.gov...

t0.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcRfXIPQ6SleMnzqRDPCWcDAYMw6GKjaHmfkqiaLysZ8qm4e41FP

r.m.yahoo.com...://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/30673edce2a8a01f200f6 a706700969a.jpg

The ones I have seen would not support hell fire missiles, air planes or meteors going off. It seems to be, that it was just a explosion caused by a build up of fumes. I have heard that they where gone for at least a week, so if that is true, thats enough time for fumes to build up and cause havoc.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

First one is a picture of the place, not of a crater. A crater is a big effing hole, clearly visible to all who look at it, or it is no crater at all. There is no crater at this site.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"By Fox59
4:10 p.m. EST, November 12, 2012

Investigators provided few answers Monday afternoon during a briefing about the Saturday night explosion that killed two people.

Officials from the Indianapolis Division of Homeland Security, Code Enforcement and Citizens Energy refused to speculate about the cause of the explosion. They also couldn’t confirm reports that the home in question had a high amount of gas consumption or a faulty furnace.

“As it stand right now, it’s a continuing investigation,” said Gary Coons, chief of the Homeland Security Division. “We are working with federal departments and local departments in this investigation.”

Coons said the National Transportation Safety Board is involved in the investigation.

“Federal investigators have resources we do not have,” Coons said. “They are giving us access to those resources.”

He added, “There are a lot of possibilities out there that could trigger this.”

According to officials, 29 houses remain uninhabitable. Their focus right now is getting people to their homes so insurance adjusters can survey the damage.

“As fast as the insurance companies can move, we’ll be able to accommodate them,” said Adam Collins, deputy director of Code Enforcement.

Officials said there are six houses in need of “substantial shoring” before anyone can get inside those homes to inspect them.

According to Citizens Energy spokeswoman Sarah Holsapple, tests are continuing on whether a gas leak was to blame for the disaster.

“We are continuing to test the gas lines,” Holsapple said. “We have tested the gas line on fire and found there are no leaks.”

Holsapple said Citizens Energy was testing lines coming from the home to the gas main with the help of the NTSB. She added that the company had been out to the home on Fieldfare Way to read the meter on Oct. 26. There were no calls about a faulty furnace, Holsapple said.

Officials said non-residents should stay away from the neighborhood. They urged anyone wanting to help to contact churches and local aid organizations, telling them to stay out of the neighborhood.

“Let us get through this recovery phase,” Coons said.

We've started to focus on getting homeowners into their homes in a safe way to get belongings out," Collins added.
Copyright © 2012, WXIN-TV"

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

usnews.nbcnews.com...

www.indy.gov...

edit on 12-11-2012 by 4ajodster because: removed last 2 links b/c broken and my phone sucks

To be honest, i noticed that circular area earlier as well. But looking at that higher resolution image, it almost looks like to the left and up of the red circle you drew is a collapsed in basement, with the left half of the red circle containing part of it.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

So far the meteor theory has not been ruled out, quite contrary, we have several witnesses suposedly seeing something burning in the sky prior to the explosion.

Also, it was already established that the way the 2 houses were equaly demolished with the next 2 havin partial damage makes it hard to accept gas as the cause. Gas explosions are not directed explosions, are they...

link   

reply to post by djgray

Thanks for digging that up, it could be someone else with a similar name. That's odd, but plausible.
-

Folks, on that thought:
With some further research, it appears there are possibly two Monserrates.
1. The NASA one being Monserrate Roman who has three sons, and no daughters mentioned.
2. The other one that comes up as Monserrate Shirley (ex-husband's name is John) which is the one referenced to the house in question.

Until we get 100% confirmation on that, I just don't know... meaning I could be wrong on her being the NASA one I posted back around the 50th page. If so, my apologies to all for the mixup.

=========================

Moving on -
The articles I've read from today point to them having a daughter, who was the one that texted her father regarding the furnace problem. (ties into above point #1) here is the relevant quote:

"About a week and a half ago I got a text from my daughter that the furnace was out and they were going to spend the night at a hotel. If I were to suspect anything, that's where the problem was," said John Shirley, who is divorced and now lives in Noblesville, Ind.

Now here is where it gets suspect, from the same article... he goes on to say that he thinks that is what caused the problem... specifically:

I think that's what caused the problem. It either wasn't fixed correctly or, knowing my ex-wife, she probably compromised on the fix.
bolded emphasis added.

Then, goes on to say that she has a protective order against him. Hrrm.

Then this little gem:

Asked if he believed his ex-wife started the explosion intentionally, Shirley said, "I don't think so because there was no real reason to. I pay a thousand dollars a month for one kid because she had a lawyer and I did not, so she has more than enough money," he said.

emphasis added

From ABC News

After reading that, I found his comments kind of odd... and slightly contradictory. Mainly the one of him implying that she somehow skimped on the repair of the furnace, then goes on to say (paraphrased) that she has more than enough money.. so there is no real reason why she would blow up a house.

Uhh...
And add to the fact that the daughter was texting him about the furnace problem, instead of just saying something like... hey mom, furnace is messed up.. can you get someone over here to fix it? That makes no sense in my mind, was he supposed to pay to get it fixed instead? Why the need to contact him?

I dunno, this is odd indeed... and I'm not implying that he's the culprit, but it's certainly not out of the question if it does turn out to be a gas explosion.

Too many questions

the home owner is not the nasa engineer, they showed the homeower tonight on the local news, she is the not the same person

link   

I don't believe they support missiles or anything like that either. But the crater doesn't support gas explosion IMHO either.

I'm working on my other links. Sorry about that. My phone isn't cooperating.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by diesel_actual

And just what does the NTSB do? hmmm....let's se..

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is an independent U.S. government investigative agency responsible for civil transportation accident investigation. In this role, the NTSB investigates and reports on aviation accidents and incidents, certain types of highway crashes, ship and marine accidents, pipeline incidents and railroad accidents.[1] When requested, the NTSB will assist the military and foreign governments with accident investigation.[1] The NTSB is also in charge of investigating cases of hazardous materials releases that occur during transportation. Deborah Hersman was appointed as NTSB Chairman in July 2009.[2] Christopher A. Hart was designated Vice Chairman on August 18, 2009 for a two-year term. The agency is based in Washington, D.C. It has nine regional offices around the country and runs a training center in Ashburn, Virginia.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname

So far the meteor theory has not been ruled out, quite contrary, we have several witnesses suposedly seeing something burning in the sky prior to the explosion.

Also, it was already established that the way the 2 houses were equaly demolished with the next 2 havin partial damage makes it hard to accept gas as the cause. Gas explosions are not directed explosions, are they...

It would on depend on how the structure was built. There where people who have said it appears as if they where 'tacky' when built. That would explain why on the left and right of the building that went off, you see severe damage and in the front and the back you see debris thrown for quite a distance.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

...I dunno, this is odd indeed... and I'm not implying that he's the culprit, but it's certainly not out of the question if it does turn out to be a gas explosion.

Too many questions

Thanks for putting some effort into this...
The primary problem I have with this scenario would be - "Is he the kind of person that would risk killing his daughter in such a deliberate act?"
I know - there are plenty (too many to be comfortable with) of examples of such personalities...but - it takes a "special" circumstance or person to actually do it.

Apparently nobody was in the home. There could be many reasons for this.

Not blaming, just saying.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname

First one is a picture of the place, not of a crater. A crater is a big effing hole, clearly visible to all who look at it, or it is no crater at all. There is no crater at this site.

Wow, a little harsh. I am working on more links.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by diesel_actual

So, in other words...we're back at square one.....

About every alphabet agency is now involved...and back at square one....sheesh....

Des

edit on 12-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is the area I was referring to, red lines and box:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Lol. Sorry. I'll take a break now.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

We shouldn't forget about the white mystery flakes found falling from the sky, miles away.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join