It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is a picture of my facebook feed, the people who replied to this are at least 10 miles apart, this boom shook the whole house(2 stories) for a good 3 seconds, and I felt a sound wave

img821.imageshack.us...

here's the picture. i'm scared anybody know what's going on.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

There was a giant sonic boom and it shook the houses. That's what is going on.
Look for the causes of sonic booms, it was probably a crazy pilot showing off.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Interesting, has anyone heard of a reason from anywhere yet?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
they are saying a jetliner crashed

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There was a sonic boom in California a few weeks back. It was a meteor entering the atmosphere. Part of it actually hit some lady's house.

It could have been what is called a "Seneca Gun", which is an earthquake associated noise. A few hours ago there was an earthquake in Kentucky.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reports of it being felt out to 15 miles. some are saying it's a house explosion, but i don't think a house explosion would be felt that far out

EDIT: Police are saying it's a house explosion, first reports was a jetliner crash

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Holy ... This sounds real. Radio Reference Marion county Fire/Rescue is talking about major damage to many homes... trapped people... and concern about secondary "devices" ....their word.

now one talking about another structural collapse... this is all real time. Radioreference.com

edit on 10-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

The fire radios are absolutely talking about fires across multiple streets and a wide area. WTF??

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Gas explosion completely destroys home

www.wishtv.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You have got me very interested. I have read so any incidences like this lately without solid explination.
Jet liner crash then house explosion? I feel a jet liner crash would be much louder than house explosion and don't think as many people spread out would hear one house.
Please keep us updated!
P.S. you have an absurd amount of Facebook notifications, lol.
I would star you if I could.

Wrabbit- thanks for that link!

edit on 10-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

www.wishtv.com...

posts from people to local station facebook page
www.facebook.com...

a house explosion IS NOT felt around a 30 miles radius

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Wow..reading those comments from people all over the area make it hard to think it was just a house explosion. Everyone felt it! Has anyone here experienced a gas explosion in their area? Would you really be able to feel that miles out?? People are saying their houses felt 'shock waves' many many miles away from the house. Lots of helicopters and fire trucks. Wonder what's going on..

Edit; people are saying they can see flames from their houses.

Interesting post..

what is going on near the hospital (st. francis) off county line located on emerson ave.? Staying with my mom who is hospitalized and we heard the largest crash 5 min. ago. An officer came through the 3rd floor wing and said there had been a airplane crash and that he was warning them that they might get an influx of patients.......We're watching 13 now.....do you have anything on this yet?

edit on 10-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
TAURID METEOR SHOWER ?

Earth is passing through a stream of gravelly debris from Comet Encke, source of the annual Taurid meteor shower. Because the debris stream is not very congested, Taurid meteor rates are usually low, around 5 per hour. The special thing about Taurids is that they tend to be fireballs. Amateur astronomer Thomas Ashcraft photographed this Taurid exploding over eastern New Mexico on Nov. 9th:

www.spaceweather.com...

watching the news channels but nothing as yet

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is a major event....can't really stay in introductions and I already have overheads and address's o add to a thread. I don't need the S/F's on a big one like this. Anyone else gonna take it?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

Originally posted by redtic

www.wishtv.com...

posts from people to local station facebook page
www.facebook.com...

a house explosion IS NOT felt around a 30 miles radius

Are you saying that WISHTV's reporting is incorrect or that it's some bizarre coincidence that there was a house explosion *and* some other mysterious sonic boom? Sometimes it just is what it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I listened to them say others should watch for a "secondary device". I don't necessary think that means it's what it sounds like but that they don't know what they have.... The radio traffic is chaotic and still figuring where to stage ambulances and send new engines arriving into the subdivision.

Fire radio is saying the fire is contained to 3 houses for what is burning. and saying all the houses in the immediate area need searched.

This is the specific feed I'm listening to, BTW

Fire/Rescue Radio

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

not really. this is america you're talking about.

some psycho punching a hole in his gas main in the basement and lighting a candle on the top floor is just as possible as a meteor.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Did you hear the cut in a few minutes ago?...

Command, DHS-7 is monitoring, resources are available if needed

Interesting, I wonder if they monitor heavy traffic volumes on RadioReference? If indeed it is actually the "DHS" I am thinking of that is.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Yeah I sure did catch that. He'd said he was inbound and to call him if any of his resources were needed. Well, that sounded like the same DHS to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Somebody at radio reference posted a Google map of the area.
maps.google.com... 2%2C-85.966644&sspn=0.846141%2C1.234589&t=h&hnear=Towhees+Dr+%26+Fieldfare+Way%2C+Indianapolis%2C+Marion%2C+Indiana+46237&z=14

EDIT:
Now they're talking about shutting down the whole neighborhood.
Gas leaks everywhere.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You just gave me a crazy visual..
My wonderings were just if it is possible to feel gas explosions such far distances?
I have never experienced one around my area that I know of so I have no place to say if it could be felt all over or not?
With the amount of ambulances on the scene.. I have a gut feeling someone was severely hurt.
Gas leaks scare me! Especially since you can't 'see' them, but you can smell them sometimes.
Hope everyone is okay no matter what happened.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join