It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by gmonundercover

The speech is 40 minutes. Any idea at what point she says these things.

This is huge. Everyone should be watching this.

At the very end - the last 2-3 minutes. But start listening nearer to the 30:00 min mark to the end - OK?.......for the full context. As you listen you will realize that she is told to say everything - in other words she's fully scripted.............amazing. Of course this is all prior to the scandal breaking -
=====================================================================================

Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison?
Paula Broadwell may have divulged new information on Benghazi scandal
Take note that this is all breaking in the Jewish (Israeli) press. The first report (above)posted by the OP stormdancer777 is by Aaron Klein who is WND's senior staff reporter and Jerusalem bureau chief. He also hosts "Aaron Klein Investigative Radio" on New York's WABC Radio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This report (below) is from the Free Daily Israel Report.

From Israel National News Service.
Broadwell: Petraeus Knew of Benghazi Plea for Help By Gil Ronen
First Publish: 11/11/2012, 5:02 PM

Writer allegedly involved with ex-CIA chief said he knew "within 24 hours" of CIA annex's request for reinforcements.

And more importantly, according to Paula Broadwell, (I am paraphrasing her here) the CIA was using the annex as a "prison" and that they had actually had taken several members of the Libya militia as prisoners. Because of this it is suspected that the major reason behind the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back.

Military expert Paula Broadwell, who was allegedly improperly involved with resigned CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus, confirmed in October that the CIA annex in Benghazi asked for reinforcements when the consulate came under attack on September 11. She also acknowledged that "there was a failure in the system."

Broadwell was speaking at her alma mater, the University of Denver, on October 26. Her lecture, which is on YouTube under the title "Alumni Symposium 2012 Paula Broadwell," now has added value, because based on the recent disclosures, it can now be assumed that she indeed knew exactly what it was that Petraeus knew about the attack.

Broadwell confirmed the reports on Fox News that the CIA annex asked for a special unit, the Commander in Chief's In Extremis Force, to come and assist it. She also said that the force could indeed have reinforced the consulate, and that Petraeus knew all of this, but was not allowed to talk to the press because of his position in the CIA.

edit on 11-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Please start a new thread with this! This is huge.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Please start a new thread with this! This is huge.

Did anyone start a new thread?

I think it is huge too,

None of this can be accidental,

Congress’ questions for Petraeus will have to wait

“The FBI has briefed me now. I actually wish we had been briefed a little bit earlier. … We received no advanced notice. It was like a lightning bolt,” Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, told “Fox News Sunday.”

A senior U.S. military official identified the second woman as Jill Kelley, 37, who lives in Tampa, Fla., and serves as the State Department’s liaison to the military’s Joint Special Operations Command, where work on secret drone missions and other duties are performed, The Associated Press reported.
www.washingtontimes.com...
Read more: Congress’ questions for Petraeus will have to wait - Washington Times www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is huge! Putting national security at risk in order to protect a politician who was running for office. It's awful! And it makes a person wonder what other things the FBI or CIA or Justice Department or White House are hiding. Considering their track record .. I'd say they are probably hiding a heck of a lot!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...

FBI agents on the case expected that Petraeus would be asked to resign immediately rather than risk the possibility that he could be blackmailed to give intelligence secrets to foreign intelligence agencies or criminals. In addition, his pursuit of the woman could have distracted him as the CIA was giving Congress reports on the attack on the Benghazi consulate on Sept. 11.

The CIA ‘s reporting to Congress included a claim that protests over a YouTube video played a role in the attacks, thus allowing Obama to initially discount the possibility that the U.S. had suffered another terrorist attack just before the election.

In contrast, based on real time video and reports, the State Department was reporting that the attack that led to the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, was terrorist-related. The State Department reported that there were no protests at the consulate.

Still, the White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election. His resignation occurred three days after the election, avoiding the possibility that Obama’s ill-fated appointment of Petraeus could become an issue in the election.

FBI agents on the case were aware that such a decision had been made to hold off on forcing him out until after the election and were outraged.

“The decision was made to delay the resignation apparently to avoid potential embarrassment to the president before the election,” an FBI source says. “To leave him in such a sensitive position where he was vulnerable to potential blackmail for months compromised our security and is inexcusable.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...

Is this even legal?

So the White house knew yet held off until after the election?

Ronald Kessler and Newsmax?

I know Kessler USED to be vaguely apolitical, but this is the same guy that DEFENDS Joe McCarthy and loved George W Bush... and chooses to work for Newsmax...

and his sources for these claims... all un-named...

hmmm...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Fox News just said Petraeus was "wedded" to that anti-Islam video that supposedly sparked this whole mess. I wonder what they meant by that. They didn't expand on their statement.

I think that is completely irresponsible reporting.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The FBI Found Classified Documents On Paula Broadwell's Computer

Well, it turns out that during the FBI's investigation, the bureau did find classified documents on Broadwell's computer, reports the Wall Street Journal.

In September, the FBI began to do a legal analysis to see if there were any charges that could be brought. They decided to interview Broadwell.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I see the news media finally latched onto the video

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Father of Petraeus' mistress defends his daughter and claims her affair is part of bigger scandal

'I hope you understand this is the beginning of a process. I can't say more than that. I couldn't if I wanted to.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Posting this because of a few comments that made me wonder,

The Petraeus Espionage File
pjmedia.com...

JJA: Jeez, nobody knows anything any more! (coughing again, he’d probably lit up a Camel). It’s routine. The FBI always monitors the top levels of CIA, especially the director, any time there is reason for them to worry about a national security counterintelligence matter. Everybody in the business knows that. And all they need to open one of those investigations is a complaint, or a tip, from anybody. You can’t imagine how many hours are devoted to checking out anonymous leads. I can give you lots of recent stories about promotions and nominations being held up because some fabulist sent a little whisper across the transom of an inspector general’s office…

ML: And the CIA guys know that? Petraeus knew that?

JJA: Of course. And he also knew what any moderate geek knows, namely that gmail is an open book. Any skilled nerd can read most anybody’s emails. We don’t ever use email here.

ML: You’ve got computers?

JJA: Indeed. What do you think that “cloud” thing is all about anyway? We control it.

ML: I should have known! So Petraeus knew that people were reading, or at least could read, all his passionate emails to his lover.

JJA: Yes. And he knew enough about such matters to realize that when the counterintel people became aware of the affair, the bureau would instantly worry that he could be blackmailed. So they would go back through all his emails, and all hers as well, to everyone.

We are talking about a man who was at the top of his game,
Should we really believe he didn't know or care about who read his emails.

And if he did want them read, why?
edit on 093030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

You should really post that 'information' with the disclosure that it was a confabulated conversation between the author and a dead man, James Jesus Angleton. I wouldn't take this too seriously, given the source.

edit to add: Didn't mean to be too harsh. This is actually a good thread.
edit on 11/12/2012 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Eric Holder 'knew of David Petraeus affair'

Eric Holder, the head of the Justice Department, was reportedly told in the late summer that FBI agents were investigating the former CIA director's sexual relationship with Paula Broadwell, his biographer.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
However, the information was kept inside the Justice Department until the day of the presidential election, when officials informed James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, who immediately urged Gen Petraeus to resign.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Eric Cantor was aware of the affair October 27.

bostonherald.com

Seems more and more people knew.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Kellter because: Fixed Link

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter

bostonherald.com

Yea, I just noticed that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think it unfortunate that he picked one who couldn't keep her mouth shut.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter

bostonherald.com

From your article:

Congress will now investigate why the FBI didn’t notify lawmakers of its investigation.

But by late October, the FBI had concluded there was no national security breach and was only pursuing a criminal investigation of the harassing emails and whether Petraeus had played any role in them, according to two federal law enforcement officials. They demanded anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing controversy on the record.

In response to criticism from members of Congress that they should have been told about the matter earlier, one of the officials pointed out that long-standing Justice Department policy and practice is not to share information from an ongoing criminal investigation with anyone outside the department, including the White House and Congress.

For a matter to fall in the category of notifying the Hill, national security must be involved. Given the absence of a security breach, it was appropriate not to notify Congress or the White House, this law enforcement official said.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The FBI Found Classified Documents On Paula Broadwell's Computer

Well, it turns out that during the FBI's investigation, the bureau did find classified documents on Broadwell's computer, reports the Wall Street Journal.

In September, the FBI began to do a legal analysis to see if there were any charges that could be brought. They decided to interview Broadwell.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I see the news media finally latched onto the video

From your article:

During her first interview, she admitted that she was having an affair with Petraeus and gave up her computer to the investigators.

On it, they found classified documents.

Petraeus was interviewed too, and he admitted to the affair as well. However, he said that he did not provide Broadwell with those classified documents. Broadwell echoed Petraeus' claims in her next interview with investigators in early November.

The source of the classified documents remains unclear.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Petraeus investigation ensnares commander of U.S., NATO troops in Afghanistan

The FBI probe into the sex scandal that prompted CIA Director David Petraeus to resign has expanded to ensnare Gen. John R. Allen, the commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan, the Pentagon announced early Tuesday.
www.washingtonpost.com... a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html
According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI has uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 pages of documents — most of them e-mails — that contain “potentially inappropriate” communication between Allen and Jill Kelley, the 37-year-old Tampa woman whose report of harassment by a person who turned out to be Petraeus’s mistress ultimately led to Petraeus’s downfall.

Well they are dropping like flies

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

So what are you thinking longlost?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So what are you thinking longlost?

I'm thinking there's a lot of people that seem to be selectively quoting from articles to try and make some sort of political point.

Petraeus and his mistress both admitted they had an affair. Everyone believes that. They both say he didn't give her that data, the FBI doesn't think the affair compromised national security, after doing an investigation, and yet those on the right are seeing this as yet another political football to kick around.

Have they not learned anything from their recent drubbing in the election?

America doesn't want them to play politics with important crap any more.

They don't want extremists, who try and make every thing political.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

David Petraeus CIA scandal engulfs US commander Allen,

Check out this topic and then get back with me.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cmdr. Joseph E. Darlak and top officers of the San Diego-based Navy frigate USS Vandegrift have been relieved of duty after a rowdy, booze-fueled port visit to Vladivostok, Russia.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

There are more too

His removal is within weeks of the removal of Army General Carter Ham from US Africa Command, and of Rear Admiral Gaouette from the USS John C. Stennis aircraft carrier in the Middle East Strike Group.

edit on 083030p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It appears, to me at least. This administration is culling the *you're for me, or against me* sector of our Military.

A kind of coup in slow-mo....with the FBI being the scythe

Des

edit on 13-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join