It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Meant clinical psychologist; was falling asleep when I was typing;

Doctoral Degrees in Psychology

In order to become a licensed clinical or counseling psychologist, a doctorate degree is required. There are two types of doctorate degrees to choose from: the Ph.D. and the Psy.D. The traditional Ph.D. in Psychology degree is a research-focused degree that qualifies graduates to work in the field of clinical or counseling psychology. Earning a Ph.D. also qualifies psychologists to teach at the university level, conduct research and practice at mental health clinics, hospitals, schools, private industry, government and private practice.

You very obviously are not familiar with degree progression in this field.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals. What about him/her is female. I admit I'm a little lost on the transgendered science, but. Doesn't being transgendered mean born with both male an female Ummmmm things? I read he/she has a penis, and has a couple kids. So I'm assuming he/he has a working pair of Ummmmm acorns. Soooo what visually is female about he/she? Tatta's? Does he/she have a males frank and beans anddddd ovaries but does not ovulate? I understand he/she is taking hormones to be more woman than man? I mean is it a chromasone (spell check) thing identifieng him/her as a woman? So many questions.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

What you're thinking of is a hermaphrodite... born with both male and female organs. The person in question is a male who identifies himself as a woman. More or less believes he was born the wrong sex, and cannot see himself as a male. He is on hormone therapy to become more feminine physically, but has not had a sex change operation so still has the male organs flopping about. He is currently living as a woman, but is still physically a male. Does that help?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Now I read the story.... Girls that young, he should be took out back with old yeller n be shot....
edit on 1-11-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

I think that if someone hasn't had a sex change operation yet then it would be best if their genitals matched the locker room they went into.. but you are sick for suggesting that she should be shot, or even joking about it.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by Osiris1953

I didn't catch that she was still a dude down below.. That no doubt should be a technicality in which locker room to use. Boy parts, use a boys room, that's just my opinion though.

What if somebody has both?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by dayve
Now I read the story.... Girls that young, he should be took out back with old yeller n be shot....
edit on 1-11-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

I think that if someone hasn't had a sex change operation yet then it would be best if their genitals matched the locker room they went into.. but you are sick for suggesting that she should be shot, or even joking about it.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

Same question to you: what if they have both?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They really should have their own bathrooms and locker rooms. Either way, they're between a rock and a hard place.

edit on 2-11-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Same question to you: what if they have both?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You simply cannot accomodate everyone, nor should you be expected to. We can play the what-if? game all day and never get anywhere with it. Even the Americans with Disabillities Act contains mechanisms for exemption from the accessability laws based on estimated likelihood of use and cost to accomodate. If you own a small business or a private club which doesn't anticipate an ADA need great enough to warrant the cost of compliance, then you have essentially shielded yourself from being required to accomodate them. I absolutely believe the same applies here... I cannot imagine that, unless you are a facillity which directly markets to and serves gender confused individuals, these issues arise very often. I'd be amazed in most locations if there is even a 1 per 100 visitors observation rate. Nobody should be allowed to reasonably expect any business to outlay the expense nor any group of patrons to abandon their own comfort/privacy over a 1.0% occurrence rate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Then they are a hermaphrodite....

That is a physical medical condition to which a person has no real control over... They cannot help that they were born both male and female.. it happens sometimes.

However, transgender individuals should not be held to the same standard as they make a clear choice to change their own gender identity... However this choice does not except them from the need to be mindful that they still possess the anatomy of the gender they were born with..

Whether or not this individual identifies themselves as a female they still must be mindful that their male physiology has the potential to make others uncomfortable especially children who are not yet old enough to completely understand what they are witnessing.

Again this individual's rights ended when she/he/they infringed upon others.
edit on 2-11-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by PLASIFISK

What you're thinking of is a hermaphrodite... born with both male and female organs. The person in question is a male who identifies himself as a woman. More or less believes he was born the wrong sex, and cannot see himself as a male. He is on hormone therapy to become more feminine physically, but has not had a sex change operation so still has the male organs flopping about. He is currently living as a woman, but is still physically a male. Does that help?

Yep! Thanks! Learned something new today also!

As far as the topic goes; " I notion to have him castrated, and banished from society. All in favor say ye"

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
Issue 1: The transgender person is ripped out of their mind on psych meds - likely making them manic and hypersexual. Issue 2: The person has obvious psychological and mental problems associated with their sexuality. Issue 3: All recreation centers have separate rooms that lock for the handicapped (and anybody else that requests one and pays for it).

Conclusion: They are not guilty of public indecency for reasons of mental illness and medical issues.

You should read up on the meds you mentioned. If anything they diminish sexual interest, not become hyper sexual. Even if they did cause that and he was aroused, it isn't an excuse to go around flashing. It's also not a sexuality issue, its an identity issue. As I stated earlier these are in no way related. It's not a mental illness either.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Hey guys and gals. What about him/her is female. I admit I'm a little lost on the transgendered science, but. Doesn't being transgendered mean born with both male an female Ummmmm things? I read he/she has a penis, and has a couple kids. So I'm assuming he/he has a working pair of Ummmmm acorns. Soooo what visually is female about he/she? Tatta's? Does he/she have a males frank and beans anddddd ovaries but does not ovulate? I understand he/she is taking hormones to be more woman than man? I mean is it a chromasone (spell check) thing identifieng him/her as a woman? So many questions.

A hermephradite has both male and female genitalia.
A transgender is about changing ones gender.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Normally in that case they ID themselves as one or the other and they have the decency to not show their junk to others who do not want to see it.

One issue with all of this is he was exposing himself. As many others have pointed out he might have been taken for a woman (an ugly one, but still a woman) if he had kept his lower body covered.

Another issue is that he does not plan to have his male parts removed because he is bi but has a stronger attraction to women. I understand bi very well. I have not met a bi that has not had a preference for one or the other yet still liking both.

This man still has his male parts. This man likes women more than men while still liking a few men. This man does not plan to have his male parts removed. This man put his rights over the rights of others.

I have no problem with nudity. My issue is that I do not wish to see everyone nude, which is why I stay away from nude beaches. If I want to see nudity I will look for it. A 6 year old girl should not be forced to see so dudes junk in an area that she should feel protected.

That is where the other issue comes in. We live in a sick world, sick freaks are all over. I am not saying that transgenders are sick freaks I am saying there are people who are straight, gay, bi, old, young, what have you that are looking to prey on fellow humans in sick ways. In a women's locker room it is an area where women go and should feel safe. It should not be a place where they feel someone is eyeing them up. It should not be a place where they feel threatened. It should not be a place where they cannot feel comfortable to relax.

Sure one girl said she did not have an issue with it, but some did or there would not have been a complaint. So what if one girl does not mind seeing some dudes junk, there are other girls who don't want to see it. Being that there was a 6 year old involved she has no right to consent to anything that could be considered sexual in nature and should not be placed in the situation to begin with. Take any other time and have a man let his junk be seen by a 6 year old girl or hell even a boy for that matter and he will be placed on a sex offenders list. Even peeing in public and getting caught can get you on that list.

This guy was wrong for doing this. If he wants to ID as a woman fine, heck he would get away with using the woman's locker room as long as he covered himself. From a stand back point though it seems more like some guy who wants to get a few skin views of young girls be they teen, pre teen, or what have you. This is still a man with male parts that has a stronger attraction to women than to men and is not going to remove his male parts.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
reply to post by habiff

I didn't see anyone in this thread supporting the person in question, what is making people defensive is the use of this story to take out bigotry and hatred toward transexual women and men.

Doing that is very, very lame. There are SO MANY GOOD transexual people in the world! And, yes, there are some who are bad, and some who are crazy.

Just like there are blonde people who are good, bad, insane etc. One has no more relevance than the other, when it comes to trying to put an entire group of people into a box.

Stereotyping, bigotry, small-minded negativity directed toward people who are different, and therefor able to be labelled "them", or worse "it." It's a sad display of stupidity.
edit on 2-11-2012 by maus80 because: add txt
I am hoping that the end of the Obama Administration will spell the beginning of the end of this sickness that has been trying so hard from every direction to engulf our country.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

reply to post by burdman30ott6

The Five Sexes: Why Male and Female Are Not Enough

You should both read this. The reason I asked the question was because it reminded me of how much grey area there is in a subject like this.

There is now a growing interest in hermaphrodites maintaining both of their sexes and being intersexuals--it's naturally who they are. It used to be that surgeons made the decision of what sex a hermaphrodite would be, but they only based their decisions on the anatomy (or what would be more logical surgically). Many hermaphrodites did not identify with the sex that was chosen for them. Even further, many hermaphrodites felt both ways and would've preferred to be both sexes.

The point is that I see the transgender issue as being equal to the issues described in the article. It will take a cultural change to improve things, and I do believe the culture change will happen--we may all be dead, but it will happen.

link   
reply to post by Raist

Where are you getting the info that a six year old was involved? The only complaint filed so far was by the mother of a 17 year old girl.

link   
reply to post by Raist

See my post above.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I read the article. Where did it say that she still has male parts? Did I miss that?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by MajorKarma
I am hoping that the end of the Obama Administration will spell the beginning of the end of this sickness that has been trying so hard from every direction to engulf our country.

Yes, because Obama singlehandedly created the entire transgender community.
Before Obama, it was the 1950s where there wasn't even gay people, much less cross dressers.

attention span of a goldfish

Goldfish don't have hands and can't grasp or swing a baseball bat. More important, a Goldfish wouldn't give a damn about Obama's Coke Smoking Homosexual Past or his attempts to use the Gays, Illegals and ObamaPhone Crowd...like you, to turn our country into a Marxist Wet Dream.... But one thing this former marine Corp Officer, Structural Engineer, Stanford MBA and father of two has in common with a Goldfish is no sense of humor.

Enjoy your time in the sun.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

"I looked at her and said, 'excuse me?' And she said, 'You have to leave, I'll be right back," said Francis. "She wouldn't identify herself. All she said was that there were a couple of girls that came upstairs to the pool, and said that there was a man in the sauna."

www.kirotv.com...

More than one girl's mom from the sound of it.

the mother of a 17-year-old girl complained after her daughter saw the transgender individual walking naked in the locker room

The coach later apologized when she discovered the man was transgendered but explained there were girls using the facility as young as six years old who weren’t used to seeing male genitals

radio.foxnews.com...

He was walking naked in the locker room. Girls as young as 6 are using that locker room.

Between the two articles you get more of the story.

Raist

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join