It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Living in the now is a very hard skill for some to learn.
Not even sure how I did it...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I believe we have a connection of being all from the same family that is the family of humanity. But the I am you, you are me is bunch of junk.

You think it is junk because you currently misunderstand what is being stated by "we are one". It does not mean 2 is 3... it means 2 and 3 are inseperable from each other fundamentally as a part of a larger "thing".

You have two hands (I'm guessing). Your left hand is not your right hand. Yet you are "one person". Would it be rational for your left hand to deny it is "one" with the right hand? Oneness does not deny the individual, it simply recognizes that the individuals are fundamentally connected.

You can't exist without Space. In fact you ARE space. You can't find a point where the space that makes up you ever becomes disconnected from the space between us and the space that makes up me. This means you are as fundamentally connected to me as your hands are connected to each other via the rest of your body. It just requires an adjustment in your mode of perception assumptions.

Right now we live in a society and culture which thinks it's rational for a Left Hand to try to destroy a Right Hand without realizing it is ultimately harming itself.

Hope that helps.
edit on 14-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

WOW BIHOTZ Did you write that? did it take you long?

Got a link to any websites ?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Oneness is unspoken and a reality. Silence your mind for ten minutes and observe for yourself..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Annee

No one has ever lived outside of now. Only the words that you hear now make you believe there is anything more than this.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That's easy: you didn't. Every day you live, you are working for tomorrow's benefit. Every day you live, you are preparing for the next. That's not living "in the now". "Living in the now" is sparing not a single thought for tomorrow until tomorrow arrives. Living in the moment...as the moment passes.

That's not what we do. We are always fighting for tomorrow, because we are constantly imbued with the fear that tomorrow may never come, despite all the precautions that the government and society takes on our behalf to ensure that you are still around to serve them tomorrow.

Fear is the ultimate false flag. Fear is the motivator of ignorance, and ignorance is strength. George Orwell may have introduced some creepy topics, but he was a freakin' genius.
edit on 15-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I guess for me, what I mean is that I stopped looking at tomorrow and tomorrows tomorrow and just focus on whats in front of me now. I used to be a gloom and doomist, always looking ahead and not liking what I was seeing,it made me fearful, so now I look at now instead and life is a lot better. It is very hard to function when caught in tomorrow or yesterday.

I do the best I can though

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's a terrible things when you can only bear to look at today for fear of what tomorrow might bring. Just because you're no longer looking at the storm, doesn't mean it's no longer approaching.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The mind is incapable at looking at now. The mind is always concerned with 'next'. The mind lives in a dream of it's own making.
What is here and now is not conceived by man.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If you believe there is a tomorrow, one cannot stop worrying about it.
This is Osho saying:
There Is No Tomorrow
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It's a terrible things when you can only bear to look at today for fear of what tomorrow might bring. Just because you're no longer looking at the storm, doesn't mean it's no longer approaching.

What are you really seeing when you look at tomorrow?
No one has ever seen tomorrow. Tomorrow is just a word.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The mind is incapable at looking at now. The mind is always concerned with 'next'. The mind lives in a dream of it's own making.
What is here and now is not conceived by man.

That's interesting, coming from someone whose username is "Itisnowagain". To be perfectly accurate, the past is the only thing that ever really exists. The future is always uncertain, and the present is always becoming the past, and the past is where everything ends up...so the past is the only sort of time that really exists for any substantial period.

The mind is perfectly capable of looking at the now. For instance, a football player is always in the now when playing because the 'now' determines the 'next'. Unless you see where the ball is NOW, where the ball is going NOW, how fast the ball is traveling NOW, where you are NOW, what direction you're going NOW, and how fast you are running NOW, you can't determine, "Where will the ball be next" or "where should I go next".

In another example, a driver has to make the same calculations using the same observations in the same sense of time. What's on my left right now, what's on my right now, what's behind me now, who's turning now, where is that car going now, what color is the signal now, what is my speed now, what are the road conditions now...we are always using the now to determine the next.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if you exist in the same reality, the way you confuse these things...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That's interesting, coming from someone whose username is "Itisnowagain". To be perfectly accurate, the past is the only thing that ever really exists. The future is always uncertain, and the present is always becoming the past, and the past is where everything ends up...so the past is the only sort of time that really exists for any substantial period.

In this paragrph you have illusrtated exactly my point. The mind cannot conceive now. The mind explains.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

In tomorrow, at least for me, it is a reflection of fear.
Always has been.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

When you are focused on what is occuring - like mountain climbing, where you have to be focused - this is awareness. Awareness operates in the present and is wordless.
And awareness sees the thinking process which thinks in terms of past and future.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If you had read the rest of my post, you would have seen that the first paragraph illustrates the BREVITY of the 'now', while the rest of my post illustrated the NECESSITY of the 'now'.

Why you are so hung up on the brevity, I am not quite sure...but the necessity, despite the brevity, is incontrovertible. In relation to the topic, the 'now' gives us the basic details with which to flesh out the very bones connecting everything. The past gives us the leisure to sit back and flesh it out, like an artist filling in a sketching that was drawn on the fly. The future is the image that we hold in our minds as we flesh it out, what we plan for it to look like. At any time, the image may change as we realize that certain adjustments bear more merit than what we had originally intended, but the core idea remains - unless, again, certain adjustments bear crucial merit.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Always has been.

Tomorrow is fear, anticipation and dread.
Yesterday is guilt and fear.
Now is freedom.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Always has been.

Is that a fear of the unknown?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If you had read the rest of my post, you would have seen that the first paragraph illustrates the BREVITY of the 'now', while the rest of my post illustrated the NECESSITY of the 'now'.

How long is now?

Without now where would anything appear?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I see where your muddle understanding of time and its effect stems from. You have a brutally desolate view of time that has yet to be, and time that has been.

You have a lot of baggage, in other words. Therefore, you THINK your 'present' is free, but it is never free because if your past holds guilt and your future holds dread, then you are forever holding yourself back. What from, I don't know, but that is the only logical conclusion.

Otherwise, your past would hold joy, and your future would hold hope...and your present would hold opportunity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join