It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If "oneness" in my opinion and as I have experienced it, is a lie, than it must emit from only one of two sources.
First, it is a self lie that comes about in a particular mindless state. I see no read explanation for a body doing that to itself because it demeans the self (ego).

If it does not arise from within the self for some reason, then it comes from an outside source. Whoa! What could that be? Is it the old Devil sneaking into our conscienceness or something else?

You can answer that by question if this "oneness" is bad for the person and makes that person an ego gone mad (Hitler) pitted against the balance of humanity in general or is it a unifier a bonding force that unites the individual with all things, other humans and the everything of existence?

Now what was the dumb question?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So can I ask all the people who believe in the "oneness" do you believe in rape? Or is there only masturbation?

I've seen comparisons made to the human body, well when you masturbate you don't call the police to say the hand raped you! So if another person is like the hand then why call the police if that other person/hand rapes you?

So for this reason I do not believe in the "oneness" principle...

edit on 12-10-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Rape is unfortunately a real thing. It's a bit like masturbation I suppose, since they both involve sexual release. However rape involves a victim.

If you want to understand what rape is from a oneness perspective just visualize being in both positions.

You're the victim, it's painful, you're humiliated in the worst way possible, you're the rapist getting sick satisfaction from this conquest. Imagine both at the same time and see how it feels

I imagine it's a pretty horrid feeling.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oneness is a scientific fact.

We are the Universe.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

thanks for sharing your point of view, unity on a human level is a definite no. We may form part of a whole, but we are separated in that whole from the 3d perspective, at times I could easily say thank god for that.I am sure most who are honest will second that emotion. Unless you hate being by yourself that is. But is there a oneness? for me there is. I perceive it that there is something that connects us all but we don't pay heed to that part.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The ascension of a person to a state of oneness to me means simply that one thing. That one thing is God and you both occupying the same space, the same spirit. You therefore are God!. Now serioulsy can it get any better than that?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The ascension of a person to a state of oneness to me means simply that one thing. That one thing is God and you both occupying the same space, the same spirit. You therefore are God!. Now serioulsy can it get any better than that?

Right! I just refuse to use or accept the word God in any way.

I claim Atheist because I do not believe in a God. The word/term "God" was hijacked by religion - - which is man made.

"The ONE" - - "The Source" - - "Energy Creator"

But never God.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Why do people use drugs and/or booze? Answer: It's because they have an emotional void they haven't figured how how to fill via non-destructive means.

It's the same for people using meditation, positive thinking, witchcraft... If a life is in balance, if someone is comfortable in his/her own skin, he/she wouldn't need to seek alternative methods to find contentment.

I'm not saying that meditation or positive thinking is as bad as booze and drugs, but the need to perform such exercises is clear evidence that one does not feel emotionally whole. So, the attempt at trying to feel a 'oneness' with all things is actually an attempt to fill what is missing in one's psychological make-up.
edit on 10/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
We may form part of a whole, but we are separated in that whole from the 3d perspective, at times I could easily say thank god for that.

Any separation you perceive is just an illusion.

Many people erroneously think their body, their self, ends at their skin. They think this because air is transparent, and seemingly unattached to their body. They also think their environment is not a part of their body because they can move independently within it. All of that is just an illusion.

Your body is composed of several layers. From your bones, to your organs, to your muscles, to your blood, and to your flesh. A majority of these layers are completely unattached, and their only relation is that they are a part of a system. Well, air is also a part of your system too. Not only does it touch almost all of your skin, but you breathe it in, and absorb it with your lungs, and it takes place in your bloodstream. Air is as important as your heart. Without air you will die, just like without your heart you will die. Air itself is yet another layer of your body.

Your environment is also a part of your body. Without water, food, surrounding wildlife, you wouldn't exist. Your body would die. Without the Earth, without the Sun, without the Universe, you would not exist just like you wouldn't exist without your heart, lungs, nervous system, circulatory system, etc..

The Universe is your body. Everything within the Universe is another part of you. That is just philosophically speaking, I didn't even mention the scientific part.
edit on 12-10-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Rape is unfortunately a real thing. It's a bit like masturbation I suppose, since they both involve sexual release. However rape involves a victim.

Sexual release was not the connection I was making. And how can there ever be a victim if we are all one? If you are me and I am you how can their be a victim? That was my point, thus rape can't exist. Neither can love making, there is only masturbation...

If you want to understand what rape is from a oneness perspective just visualize being in both positions.

Well it wouldn't be bad would it as only ONE party was involved ie masturbation. Why look from BOTH positions when there is only one?

You're the victim, it's painful, you're humiliated in the worst way possible, you're the rapist getting sick satisfaction from this conquest. Imagine both at the same time and see how it feels

There can be no victim we are all one, much like your toe nail is not a victim when you cut it off... (as the body analogy has been used)...

So why would it be painful? How can you be humiliated? Who is there to observe our embarrassment? We are all one! Is there a sick satisfaction if we are all one? Maybe the oneness was merely masturbating?

"Imagine both at the same time and see how it feels" I'm not even sure either concepts exist yet. If you believe in oneness I don't see how they can.

edit on 13-10-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

Edit: Just thought of another analogy to describe your feelings towards rape/masturbation.

You know how sometimes your cells in your body can turn and start attacking you, it's late/early and can't think of the conditions right now but there are a few. Anyway that is what you are like. The oneness wants to masturbate and does so but you are a free radical (is that what they are called?) and mistake the masturbation for something terrible and start to attack yourself. Locking a part of you up and causing a blockage in the system... LOL

Hopefully you can see where I am going with this?

The way I see it is yes, the particles or atoms or matter or whatever you want to call it is recycled, so in that sense of the universe we are all one, as in one matter... That however has zero impact on us as humans because we have a brain! And all brains are wired up differently depending on all sorts of factors, making us ALL individuals even if we look the same. That is why we have rape, because we are individuals. If you are advocating oneness then you have to fight for the other parts of yourself that are locked away for masturbating.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
So for this reason I do not believe in the "oneness" principle...

mee30,

The Universe is experiencing itself from many different perspectives. From these perspectives, rape does exist. One perspective is the rapist, another perspective is the victim. Just because the Universe is one object, it doesn't mean these perspectives aren't experiencing what they have defined as rape, nor does it make rape any less serious of an issue. It would be illogical to conclude that because the Universe is one rape doesn't exist.

edit on 13-10-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

Cool story bro then what happened??

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

The One hurts itself all the time

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tooPsychic

Says the miserable man with a gun to his head who can't learn a thing in life from his own mistakes? I've got you beat in that department so I'm able to become more than what I use to be. You're just sorta stuck being miserable.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Can you separate yourself from this moment? Is not everything now? Is it ever not now?
This moment and you are one. You might 'think' there is something more than now but have you ever experienced any other time?
Presence is all.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
everything in contained with in it's own being

Oneness is a state of being
and I only know
when I am not in it

for oneness is to be
all that is
and this state of being
is with out reflection

also as long as you keep on dividing
this and that
god and the devil
good and bad

you will not ever achieve oneness

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
this is a great quote on this subject

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty"-Albert Einstein-
edit on 13-10-2012 by xsheep because: fix qoute

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm not saying that meditation or positive thinking is as bad as booze and drugs, but the need to perform such exercises is clear evidence that one does not feel emotionally whole. So, the attempt at trying to feel a 'oneness' with all things is actually an attempt to fill what is missing in one's psychological make-up.

Well - - I was actually raised in Dr. Ernest Holmes - - Science of Mind - - positive thinking Church. My mom was one of the original members of his first Science of Mind church in Los Angeles. (and NO it is nothing like Scientology). He is a Christian minister that combined psychology with belief in God (to put it simply).

Not having to overcome guilt and fear of God - - is a definite plus.

If you believe in Energy - - that all is Energy - - it is beneficial to keep thought (which is creative energy) in the positive.

So - - be positive - - be ONE with the energy. It really has nothing to do with emotions or anything missing in your life.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

If you believe in Energy - - that all is Energy - - it is beneficial to keep thought (which is creative energy) in the positive.

So - - be positive - - be ONE with the energy. It really has nothing to do with emotions or anything missing in your life.

Oh, it has everything to do with emotions. What you are suggesting is that negative people should just change their nature. I know more negative people that are quite comfortable with their lives, than positive people.

Positive people are always struggling to remain positive. The world is a hard place for them. They need to seek ways that help them deny that life is a struggle right from birth to their very last breath.

When I say 'negative' I'm not talking about depressed people. I'm talking about people that don't need to seek a higher state of consciousness in order to feel whole. They accept that their lives are balanced with equal parts struggle and joy. They don't panic if they aren't happy all the time. They don't fall apart when life gives them lemons.

Whenever you watch a show of a relatively normal family, and Aunt Barbie comes over and lights candles, sits in the lotus position with her arms extended at her sides, starts chanting, and clicking finger cymbals, do you think, "Smart girl!" or "What an air head!"? lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join