It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by docgreen15
We are all part of the same energy source, it's flowing through everything, behind all this phyical matter there is an energy that flows through everything and through this energy we/its all connected to one another.

My father used to say something around those lines. He was familiar with the studies of the occult, philosophy, meditation, OBEs and such.

I do wonder sometimes if what he told me indeed makes any sense... though I think I've gone too far in the skeptic side to come back !... as I was younger I used to think about this stuff, too; but I have leaned to more 'practical' thoughts, I've dedicated my energy and free time trying to help humankind by the means of science (although I'm just a little cog working at the paper analyzing :lol

What I want to say is that I do have interest in such subjects... there are some who are reading this thread who have seen my rants against religion on another topic... and though I failed miserably in exposing my point of view in a respectful manner, I am interested in spiritual development, for I do believe we have a 'soul' of some kind which is not dependent on the physical body... Anyway, they might have noticed how our discussion went beyond the reaches of that topic, so I'll try to deny my ignorance
on this one, it seems more adequate.

Now, what dad used to say is something like this:

"You have to think of existence as an electric grid: There is a computer, a microwave oven, a blender, a light in your house, they might seem to be totally different things doing different stuff; but they're all plugged into the grid. It's the same electric energy, flowing through the same grid, which powers them all..."

Also, there were all these books around the house and I will not deny I have read some of them... One guy that intrigued me the most was this Hermann Hesse fellow... his book called "Demian", has a sentence I have thought much about for all these years, yet I think I never came close to understanding it...

The bird struggles out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born, must destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.

I would much like to hear your thoughts on that...

Cheers

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scarybear

I thought you might like this video.
It's that One Essence that is Appearing, Patterning, Shaping and Forming as Everything:
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Energy bound by gravity. That is EVERYTHING. In that sense, everything that is composed of energy is connected, because at the very deepest level, everything is energy bound by gravity - otherwise known as vibration.

Vibration governs all, gravity governs all, because these are forces are born of energy, to govern energy.
edit on 18-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Can I be blank? It is like giving a puzzle to a monkey - it goes around and around, and eventually you smash it on the ground and throw it away, climb back into your tree and have a banana.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join