It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's 47 Percent Remark Hurts Him In Swing States

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by longlostbrother

By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party. You and some others on here show clearly that you have been indoctrinated on some college campus somewhere. I know how it goes there, I have been there and you guys sould like your average liberal brainwashed college students.

You are COMPLETELY clueless.

I NEVER went to University, aside from getting a one year technical accreditation as an adult, while working at night to pay for it. I have also been working since the age of 14, supported myself from the age of 17, have two kids and own a small business.

The thing that you don't get, is that smart folks don't "get smart" by going to university, they got into University, lots of them anyway, by being smart; the corollary is, not every smart person goes to University and not every "doctor" is smart.

BUT...

the take away for you is this:

If you want to make good decisions, use good data... looking at what's going on on your street, or even in your city, is not a good basis for making national policy. That should be pretty evident, but it's obviously not, to you, and Rick Santorum.

edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

Data like this is most often inert. One has to get ERT from paying attention to how it all translates in the real world. This sort of DATA is good for tossing at a fan is about all.

Show me a brake down of every slice of that pie.....not just the slice. The race is near 50/50 so this pie chart needs to be broken down per slice for a better picture of what it means.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party. You and some others on here show clearly that you have been indoctrinated on some college campus somewhere. I know how it goes there, I have been there and you guys sould like your average liberal brainwashed college students.

You are COMPLETELY clueless.

I NEVER went to University, aside from getting a one year technical accreditation as an adult, while working at night to pay for it. I have also been working since the age of 14, supported myself from the age of 17, have two kids and own a small business.

The thing that you don't get, is that smart folks don't "get smart" by going to university, they got into University, lots of them anyway, by being smart; the corollary is, not every smart person goes to University and not every "doctor" is smart.

BUT...

the take away for you is this:

If you want to make good decisions, use good data... looking at what's going on on your street, or even in your city, is not a good basis for making national policy. That should be pretty evident, but it's obviously not, to you, and Rick Santorum.

Data like this is most often inert. One has to get ERT from paying attention to how it all translates in the real world. This sort of DATA is good for tossing at a fan is about all.

Show me a brake down of every slice of that pie.....not just the slice. The race is near 50/50 so this pie chart needs to be broken down per slice for a better picture of what it means.

All that data is online. Not sure how you're gonna find it, without using the ivory tower that is google, but good luck... maybe it's been printed out and is laying on your street... you know, where all the real truth is...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party.

Yet, somehow, you managed to make it through college and successfully get a degree without being indoctrinated? I get it now, you are simply better than the rest of us...you have the critical thinking skills that the rest of us lack....you're right, we're wrong.

You know its interesting that the right and left dont really trust independents.

They don't because independents tend to be "personality" voters... who think a "good" candidate is worth voting for no matter the party... which is pretty delusional... ask Ron Paul who was repeatedly screwed by the GOP, how valuable being a party member is - when you disagree with the party line.

You are just flat wrong about personality voting in independents. Independents are more turthfull in nature simply because they dont follow blindly, party instruction. Thats rather worse than delusion. Onec one joins a party there thinking is suspect in my book.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well it is out on the street. I know elderly on SSI that will vote for Mitt. I also know folks that take some sort of government aid and will still vote Mitt. And then their are rich folks that are public for Obama. Theres your data.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Logarock because: j

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party.

Yet, somehow, you managed to make it through college and successfully get a degree without being indoctrinated? I get it now, you are simply better than the rest of us...you have the critical thinking skills that the rest of us lack....you're right, we're wrong.

You know its interesting that the right and left dont really trust independents.

They don't because independents tend to be "personality" voters... who think a "good" candidate is worth voting for no matter the party... which is pretty delusional... ask Ron Paul who was repeatedly screwed by the GOP, how valuable being a party member is - when you disagree with the party line.

You are just flat wrong about personality voting in independents. Independents are more turthfull in nature simply because they dont follow blindly, party instruction. Thats rather worse than delusion. Onec one joins a party there thinking is suspect in my book.

I'm not wrong. "independents" vote for people, not parties, as you yourself said... the people might be ok, but without the support of their party they'll accomplish nothing... that's the way the US system works...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

All that data is online. Not sure how you're gonna find it, without using the ivory tower that is google, but good luck... maybe it's been printed out and is laying on your street... you know, where all the real truth is...

Well it is out on the street. I know elderly on SSI that will vote for Mitt. I also know folks that take some sort of government aid and will still vote Mitt. And then their are rich folks that are public for Obama. Theres your data.

Thanks for again pointing out that Mitt and his 47% number is a lie... you nailed it.. shame that data is meaningless for Mitt though as he's gonna lose sounding on the 6th.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Give it up man. You are just trying to demean seeing you have run out of gas. Independents vote issues thats why both sides spend so much time trying to sway that 10%.......it means victory most of the time. The party base on both sides are most often sure things. The real barinwashing is clear when party folks will vote for a wood bock if thats who the party puts up. Just look at you.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The way you were trying to use the 47% number is meaningless. Its just a slice of pie.....full of nuts and chunks of fruit.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The way you were trying to use the 47% number is meaningless. Its just a slice of pie.....full of nuts and chunks of fruit.

The 47% number is not meaningless.

It has a very specific meaning, a meaning Romney stated during that event. It is a slice of pie, 47% of the whole who Romney doesn't care about, thinks they are irresponsible, and thinks they see themselves as "victims".

What is meaningless is you claiming that you know exactly which groups out of that 47% Romney really meant when he didn't make any distinction between anyone in the 47%.

You are trying to deride others by calling them brainwashed liberals, but you are the only one being willfully ignorant and denying Romney's own comments and claiming you know what he REALLY meant.
edit on 28-9-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Independents vote issues thats why both sides spend so much time trying to sway that 10%.......

You can't put independents into a group with like minds. They are all different. That's why they're called independent.

Undecided, on the other hand. THEY are the people most likely to vote for personality. If they can't see the difference between the two candidates by now, they either have no clue about politics or they simply don't care. Those are the 10% the candidates are fighting over. The people who don't give a crap.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Give it up man. You are just trying to demean seeing you have run out of gas. Independents vote issues thats why both sides spend so much time trying to sway that 10%.......it means victory most of the time. The party base on both sides are most often sure things. The real barinwashing is clear when party folks will vote for a wood bock if thats who the party puts up. Just look at you.

The independents are running away from Obama.

The MSM collusion with the White House has them disgusted.

Unskewed poll numbers has Romney way ahead.

- President Mitt Romney Wins by 8% November 6, 2012 -

Election Result:

Romney 54%

Obama 46%

--- Aloha ! Obama ! ---

The rotten US economy has doomed Obama.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Actually the independents are running from the GOP to write in candidates or third parties like the libertarians.

www.infoplease.com...

Remember Ross Perot that caused the Clinton victory over Bush.

The same operating principal will manifest itself this November imo.

Around Xmas, I'll give you a nice present of "I told you So" tequila to drown your sorrows with.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Actually the independents are running from the GOP to write in candidates or third parties like the libertarians.

www.infoplease.com...

Around Xmas, I'll give you a nice present of "I told you So" tequila to drown your sorrows with.

The unskewed results + the landslide victory for Gov. Scott Walker = President Romney

The independents have 1 eye on the high price of gas and 1 eye on the 1.3% GDP number.

--- Welcome to the White House President Mitt Romney ! ---

Sorry, but Obama left you a big mess to clean up.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

www.infoplease.com...

The unskewed results + the landslide victory for Gov. Scott Walker = President Romney

The independents have 1 eye on the high price of gas and 1 eye on the 1.3% GDP number.

You are delusional... but sure, it takes all sorts...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

www.infoplease.com...

You appear to be the 12th man on the deal team. Last one to know.

President Mitt Romney is ahead by 8%.

Romney 54%

Obama 46%
- Aloha ! Obama ! - Go to Beachfront Estate

Only American Exceptionalism can save America.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Wrong data, try again? www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

www.infoplease.com...

You appear to be the 12th man on the deal team. Last one to know.

President Mitt Romney is ahead by 8%.

Romney 54%

Obama 46%
- Aloha ! Obama ! - Go to Beachfront Estate

Only American Exceptionalism can save America.

For about the millionth time, no. You are completely mistaken about what the polls say.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

There's A New Polling Site That Conservatives Are Excited About — Here's Why You Should Totally Ignore It

Making the rounds lately is a new site, UnskewedPolls.com.
The website is seeking to mitigate republican fears that Romney is slightly behind Obama by tweaking the partisan tilt rightward, rejecting polled data, and weighting them in favor of their candidate based on an extremely favorable formula from a Republican-leaning firm.
Now, you can believe it if you want, but you're deluding yourself and you deserve to know why.
Here is why UnskewedPolls may paint a charming picture for a conservative, but isn't statistically right.

Then again, this all comes down to what you want in a poll. If you want a political talking point, some thing to spin to favor a preferred candidate, that's your own business, enjoy UnskewedPolls.com and enjoy life in a self selected vortex of spin.

www.businessinsider.com...

One more time:

If you want a political talking point, some thing to spin to favor a preferred candidate, that's your own business, enjoy UnskewedPolls.com and enjoy life in a self selected vortex of spin.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

The real clear politics polls are plagued with - stacked - polls.

You have to - unskew - the polls to find the truth.

We currently have a huge lead for President Mitt Romney.

Romney 54%

Obama 46%

- Obama on his way to Oahu! -

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

The real clear politics polls are plagued with - stacked - polls.

You have to - unskew - the polls to find the truth.

We currently have a huge lead for President Mitt Romney.

Romney 54%

Obama 46%

- Obama on his way to Oahu! -

Again, I quote Business Insider, on your ridiculous propaganda site:

"If you want a political talking point, some thing to spin to favor a preferred candidate, that's your own business, enjoy UnskewedPolls.com and enjoy life in a self selected vortex of spin."

You are currently living, "in a self selected vortex of spin"... none of us want to join you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join