It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Seriously, just how dumb are some of you people to think that the Obama administration redesigned the flag?..It's his campaign logo and nothing more..leave to the geniuses at ATS to spin this into "Obama is taking over the nation". You people really, really need to grow up and start acting like adults

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

ok thats 'a' flag with the same colors as the American flag but its not a redesign of the american flag. Lets be honest in what we present please.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by wascurious

The fact that is a flag for sale on his website for $35.....

Ah, just like any other flag I can buy. So it is not an American flag, it is an Obama campaign flag? So the title and the FOX News story and this thread are still a lie.

Good job.

All the manipulations of the flag are wrong, I don't defend any of them by the way.

store.barackobama.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

You are mistaking manipulating the flag with using red white and blue to make a picture. It does not even look like an American flag...because it is not an American flag.

Thank you. How stupid does someone have to be to think that this is supposed to be a redesign of the american flag? So with this thought then any time someone uses the colors of red white and blue together they are manupulating the american flag? Does the flag have a patent on that color combination ? Heck our flag was just a redesign of the British Union Jack. Several countries have red white and blue as the colors on their flag.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

ok thats 'a' flag with the same colors as the American flag but its not a redesign of the american flag. Lets be honest in what we present please.

It's not even a flag. It's poster art, limited to 250 pieces.

From the OP source:

The Obama campaign is now selling copies of an American flag painting...The limited-edition print costs $35.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Named the thread with the title of the article. T&C requires it.

Although I do agree that the word "redesign" is a poor choice.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Every candidate has had memorabilia made during their campaign. Buttons and banners and bumper stickers and all of them feature elements of the American flag and or the colors of red white and blue.

www.politics1.com...

See all the red white and blue on that page ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Even better. So whats the point of this thread ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Yep. I've actually read this entire thread, believe it or not. There's been a lot of great examples of other "redesigns" (again, poor word choice) made throughout history and by multiple people.

Maybe you missed it, but further in the thread I explained why I even posted the article. It certainly wasn't an attempt to foul the name of the POTUS.

This is all opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ok. Yes you were limited in how you could present this. So my next question would be WHY? Did you just want to start a contoversy ? You know its not a redesign of the american flag yet you start a thread stating that this Blackguard pretender has offended you again with his actions. So what actions have offended you that you post this if this is not a redesign of the american flag?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ok I have not had time to read the entire thread and I even asked why you started it so I guess I should continue reading and then I will have my answer. Thanks. Loved you in the fluffy bunny thread !

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Like I told my grandmother once, lay off the caffeinated coffee. Its not real, satire only.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Oh come on.

Are you telling us that other politicians don't make similar designs/propaganda to push to their followers?

You really have to stop buying into the Fox News crap because they will do anything to distract people from the crappy economy with garbage like this.
edit on 21-9-2012 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
...and while everyone is getting all worked up over the title of this thread..its all over google folks.

its all about opinion, if this was real..breaking news and special reports would be flashing all over the tv and mobile phones by now.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
sorry wrong thread!
edit on 21-9-2012 by sylent6 because: wrong comment to wrong thread

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I fine example of a man (I use the term loosly) that has never bled, sweat or cried for this country. Never humped with ruck or rifle, never rode in an armored coffin in hundred degree heat and sixty lbs. of body armor. Never road with real men and women in battle and never gave one ounce to the nation. Never saw a buddy he had just shared letters from home the day before, with his face blown off. Then watched him carried with honors on to the ramp for his last trip home. His coffin draped in the flag he fought for......

Has never had a real job, his entire life....

Some nerve! These people that can disrespect my flag this way, turning it into a cartoon for this clown of a president. I think to us real Americans it shows what he is on the inside, for him to even allow this in his name. I'm not surprised. Obama is everything I knew he would be and then some.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Let me guess. You read the op and no further, right?

I think its about the fourth or fifth post down....I explain why I posted this.

Sigh.....in hindsight, I'd never have bothered. Oh, well. Live and learn, right?

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their contribution.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
I fine example of a man (I use the term loosly) that has never bled, sweat or cried for this country. Never humped with ruck or rifle, never rode in an armored coffin in hundred degree heat and sixty lbs. of body armor. Never road with real men and women in battle and never gave one ounce to the nation. Never saw a buddy he had just shared letters from home the day before, with his face blown off. Then watched him carried with honors on to the ramp for his last trip home. His coffin draped in the flag he fought for......

Has never had a real job, his entire life....

Some nerve! These people that can disrespect my flag this way, turning it into a cartoon for this clown of a president. I think to us real Americans it shows what he is on the inside, for him to even allow this in his name. I'm not surprised. Obama is everything I knew he would be and then some.

I'm assuming you've served in the military. Thank you for that. I may not agree with the politics behind the current conflicts, but that doesn't lessen the sacrifice our military makes. I know its not something I could do.

Anyway....your post reminded me so much of what my father says. I'll never forget the day I found him crying in the living room. Now, my father NEVER cries...he didn't even cry (in front of me) when his father died. So I was very shocked, and asked him what was wrong.

He told me about his friends in Vietnam, and watching them die, how horrible it felt to be a soldier when the entire country seemed to be against soldiers...about how the flag became more than just a symbol to him. And why was he crying? Because protesters on the television were burning the flag. This was back in the 80s when the flag burning controversy really took off.

So that was the point of this thread. I was thinking of him.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
With all do respect to those that give this topic credance. I think this is really pointless! If the Republicans want to bang-on President Obama? Look no further than his record. That is a geyser of stuff to talk about, and more pertinent than designer flags, gaffes here and there, and whatever tabloid material the media can muster to shirk the major issues. The fact of the matter is, a floundering economy, an ever increasing number of folks receiving government assistance, middle class standard of living in freefall, horrible international policy regarding Middle Eastern affairs, failed stimulus plan, green jobs and industry initiatives have failed with more unemployment and bankruptcy, an unfundable overhaul of the healthcare system, and much much more.

The spitting contest between the Obama Campaign and Romney Campaign is just another waste of everyone's time. Furthermore, it is downright disrepectful to the American voter as well. There are major issues affecting the country at the moment, and we banter back and forth about this petty crap? With that said, do we really know anything about the policies of either candidate whether it is Obama's plan for the next four years or what Romney is going to do if elected? Lets just continue kicking that can down the road with hope that things will fix themself? Does that sound about right? It seems so?

I don't care which one has the largest bank account, who dresses the best, where they went to school. or who is more eloquent than the other. That stuff is useless. I want accountability and results! The American voter ought to really think hard about that when they enter the election booth. Not this petty crap! We are close to the edge, and that ought to be at the back of everyone's mind Republican or Democrat. Time too can the cheerleading, party politics, and misplaced loyalty. Time to start electing candidates with our heads, and not our emotions. That is how we get dupped every election cycle. President Obama has got a record now, and it is time to start judging accordingly! On the other hand, Romney has got a record as well. That ought to be the crux of this election, and who is more competent than the other too circumvent this abysmal bottleneck we have found ourselves in at the moment.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

How true! This is just another stupid trinkit for the 47% who don't understand Economics 101, and have no true thoughts that aren't shoved into their stupid little brains from television.

Our country has real problems, that need real solutions. And a president that has some kind of sense of responsibility.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Inspired by the recent incidents in the Middle East.

src link

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join