It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help. my 1st strange experience about 11:11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have been looking at 11:11 a lot of time, today I have my 1st strange experienced in my life.
Normally when i look at the 11:11, i will look again 1 to 2 times or look until 11:12.
Today I saw 11:11 and I look again..it became 11:10....1min backward ??!!

Anyone have the same experienced before?
and what dose it mean?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by roisu

Ahh Mad Man Markham is just playing tricks on you. He's gone through a time loop to look for his couch, after it disappeared while he was experimenting with a jacobs ladder in order to travel a few days into the future to get the winning lottery ticket numbers. But no one has seen him in over 10 years.

It seems he's tricking people with 11:10 now.

Insidious minds at work here..

timetravelinstitute.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by roisu

The numbers mean absolutely nothing other than whatever subjective personal significance you give them.

I'm going to quote myself from another thread where someone was attaching significance to numbers:

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by eyesontheskies

It's called Pareidolia where your brain is playing tricks on you while your conscious mind begins to attach significance to whatever "image", in this case numbers, your brain is playing tricks on you with.

There is no significance to the numbers you are seeing. It's simply like getting a song stuck in your head.
Your subconscious just thinks those numbers are groovy, just like any song stuck in your head, and you happen to notice them a little bit extra because of this brain trickery.

Go get a song stuck in your head, or focus on another set of numbers to get out of this rut.

It's just your brain playing tricks on you.

Thus, any significance you attach to 11, or any other number you want to attach significance to, is entirely subjective. 11, 23, 5, 7, 8, 13 and some others seem to be fairly universally popular due influence of the collective unconscious.

Some people that have a certain attachment to 420 will see that number all over the place since they make a point of wearing that number like a badge of pride for their choice in lifestyle.

Why doesn't anyone ever go with something like Pi, or Natural e?
Answer: because these other numbers are simple integers that are used daily in telling time, counting out money and sums of objects.
I'll have 2 coffees please. Like that.

There's no significance to the numbers. It's just one's brain playing tricks because someone has let their tricky subconscious convince them of a significance that isn't there, and so they notice these numbers more and more because they start looking for them and keeping track of occurrences where they never notice all the OTHER numbers that happen in between that are just as significant.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Did you even read the op? He says his clock went back instead of forward, not that he just see 11:11.

Not sure what to say op, so I'll quote drucilla, and say it could be your mind playing tricks on you.

Or you clock is broke, or time slip.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think the mind can be a very powerful and mysterious thing. A staggeringly powerful thing. I don't mean to suggest imagination or even make light of anything.

I'd suggest that if we focus or obsess on something enough, at least some of us and whether we even know it or not, can create our own problems. Little hiccups in one's own perception of reality would seem to be well within what I'd think could be done with enough focus. Just a thought for how to look at what you experienced. It just may have been exactly what it appeared to be....and a wild way to see how far ESP can extend.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So, I disagree with Druscilla. But this time, I need to hear his/her answer on something: How do you explain (or, what is the official explanation) that so many people have experienced the 11:11 phenomenon before they've ever officially heard of its definition? For a lot of people, myself included, the experience pretty much happens in a blind test where it just starts popping up, repeatedly, continuously, unceasingly.

And then it happens so much that you start researching it to find out what it could mean. You start asking friends, "Am I crazy, or have you experienced anything like this?"

Are you really going to tell me (and others) that it's still confirmation bias and we wanted to see these numbers (11:11 being the hottest, and most reported sequence) before we even knew it was a phenomenon?

I don't think you, or anyone, can answer this to my satisfaction. I am willing to hear the explanation though.

Why does this phenomenon spontaneously manifest in what is essentially a blind test? And please don't tell me that it doesn't or all credibility will be lost. Please don't disappoint us with a cop-out answer that belittles and dismisses someone else's subjective experience.

As for the OP..not sure what to say about your clock moving a minute backwards. Was it a digital clock?
edit on 17-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Sorry OP the 11:10 after 11:11 is a new one for me

Hi Druscilla,

I'd like to explore this a little deeper than perhaps what you have covered here. The Pareidolia phenomena in regards to 11:11 is global. Unlike rocks or clouds or songs etc, this is very very specific and appears to effect people from all walks of life.

I myself have been experiencing it for quite some time now and quite frankly it does freak me out. I consider myself to be quite rational and have attempted to dismiss it but it will not go away.

So when I see it - what am I actually seeing? It must be subconscious or something. Or is it an external influence? Is it a result of the body clock? Well I don't think that the phenomena of 11:11 is totally "body clock" related as I see it on shopping receipts (time generated) but not until days later, I see it on vehicle number plates.

Many times it is a fleeting glance but the impact lasts much longer - why does it impact me so?

Why just digital read-outs (for me anyway)

Attempts to really try to focus on other numbers to see if I can see patterns has failed.

Movies have been made about it and there is a plethora of info online regarding same. - why this number?

Unlike a rock or cloud where I see a dog and another person sees a dragon - this just seems so specific - and relentless.

"I did not start this thing" - is what I always tell myself - it just started?

Given your intellectual prowess could there be any other influence other than Pareidolia which could cause this.

There are numerous threads here on ATS where members are experiencing the same thing - is it a "global conscience" at work?

I just am perplexed as to how specific, regular and relentless it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I hate to say this.
I think op is mistaken, or pulling our legs.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Thanks for summing up the 11:11 menace for us. I think that for people who haven't experienced it, it's very easy to dismiss with all kinds of fancy terms and definitions.

How can someone who hasn't experienced it presume to know the nature of it? They're just examining a symptom they've heard about and giving it a name to describe it.

I, too, see 11:11 in the most uncanny ways. Glimpsing it on the license plate of a passing car, while throwing away old shopping receipts, and virtually every time I check the clock on the hockey game is passing on 11:11 (The clock even froze on 11:11 one time.) I also have been known to wake up spontaneously right at 11:11 AM and/or PM just to see the number and fall right back asleep.

This is not a mass hysteria...but it definitely does affect a large group of people.

I started seeing 11:11 before I was even interested in fringe and paranormal topics. What do you think brought me here?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I'll try an answer.

If you were to look at the clock and it were to say "17:59" would you care? What about "09:45"? Or "23:17"?

Probably not.

But "11:11" is a palindrome, has already got a buzz about it, so anyone who sees it and has an inkling about it, will decide they've been shown this magic number.

It's not the case. Why would it be? It's no different than if you glance at the clock, see a non-important time, and forget you looked. Except, you don't forget, because it's 11:11.

It's right before lunch, people will be staring casually at the clock a lot at that time of day.

That's my take on it. Having known someone obsessed with it, all it did was drive him to drive US insane with his "LOOK LOOK AGAIN!! 11:11" every morning...

Why it seems to go from 11:11 to 11:10. Trick of the eye, faulty clock, who knows. Unless we're going to assume time actually did go backwards and was noticeable in a forwardly linear future, I am not sure what else we can get from this.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

When u mentioned the 420 number and how people now see it more often I totally understood what you meant. You will notice something more if a certain amount of significance is placed on that number...like 911? Right?

Anyways...that really explained it for me and makes sense!!! Ty ;0)

I do believe in God and the spiritual world and I do believe that certain things you may see or hear over and over could be a message from..........whomever......so........yea know.......lol

As far as what the OP experienced, werid. My mom died and about 2 yrs after her death I decided to put battery's in an old clock she gave me. It wasn't digi...but with hands. I put the batteries in and went to set the time...I didn't need to. The hands were at the exact time in real-life... ( hope that made sense) it was already on the correct time. It didn't freak me out sense I believe in the after life...but it still gave me the bumps...lol
edit on 17-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Come on...is there really a big "buzz" with palindromes? Your explanation is again, confirmation bias. I don't buy it, because I know from personal experience that it isn't true. My mind isn't playing tricks on me. I don't want to see these numbers. I don't consciously seek them out. The only reason I assigned importance to them is because they keep cropping up in extraordinary instances, ways, and places.

Granted, I'm not saying it is some magical number that is a secret, coded message for a select few.

I am saying that it isn't to be dismissed as 'this' or 'that'. Simplest explanation does NOT always satisfy. Crazy concept, right?

There is also an accompanied feeling that happens with seeing this number. I can't speak for others, but whenever I see this number I have to stop and think, "Wait, is there something I'm forgetting?" I also take stock of my thoughts, moods, and actions for that day. I guess this is more subconscious psychological trickery I've learned to pair with the number?

Now, I'm not asking anyone to explain that. It's just my reaction (although many others have reported similar reactions.)

If we're going to talk of numbers as symbols and patterns, then it would again be a subjective experience. My lucky number is 4. His lucky number is 3. Her lucky number is 8. And yet, we are all seeing 11:11. Because why? There goes subjectivity.

You can't possibly be saying that 11:11 is the most attractive pattern of numbers en mass, cross-culturally...but I think that's what people are trying to say about it

I do, however, appreciate your reply (starred)
It might work for some. It doesn't work for me. I guess that makes me irrational by some measure.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

So, I disagree with Druscilla. But this time, I need to hear his/her answer on something: How do you explain (or, what is the official explanation) that so many people have experienced the 11:11 phenomenon before they've ever officially heard of its definition? For a lot of people, myself included, the experience pretty much happens in a blind test where it just starts popping up, repeatedly, continuously, unceasingly.

And then it happens so much that you start researching it to find out what it could mean. You start asking friends, "Am I crazy, or have you experienced anything like this?"

Are you really going to tell me (and others) that it's still confirmation bias and we wanted to see these numbers (11:11 being the hottest, and most reported sequence) before we even knew it was a phenomenon?

I don't think you, or anyone, can answer this to my satisfaction. I am willing to hear the explanation though.

Why does this phenomenon spontaneously manifest in what is essentially a blind test? And please don't tell me that it doesn't or all credibility will be lost. Please don't disappoint us with a cop-out answer that belittles and dismisses someone else's subjective experience.

As for the OP..not sure what to say about your clock moving a minute backwards. Was it a digital clock?

Apophenia/Pareidolia

Read it and enjoy.

Things to consider:
What if the digital clock was never invented and you still used analog time?
What if we all still used Roman Numerals? or some other number system like the Mayan Number system?

What if we used the Zodiac signs for each 12 hour cycle of the day?

Your 11:11 would then be Eleven, or XI minutes into Taurus, and thus no longer impacting the same visual reference of significance so many people like to attach to it.

The significance to this whole 11:11 thing is "cultural", where I use the term cultural to reflect the pervasive world culture relevant to modern times, especially so with digital clocks.

Your brain is playing tricks on you.
Take control of your brain instead of letting it run wild.
It's a beautiful thing when you know how to use it, why it does what it does and how it does it to sometimes trip us up.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What do you think brought me here?

Definitely the eternal question.

3:33 & 11:11

This is an interesting thread I entered into a few weeks back and was conversing with Smyleegrl about this exact question - she, like me, sees it everywhere and asked "11:11 - Any idea what it means?".

My answer:-

Well - I believe it has something to do with this.................

"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams". Acts 2:17

That is what my instincts tell me - and they have served me very well thus far in my life.

There is, imo, a spiritual aspect to humanity and although I consider my self a rational person (as I said above) I cannot ignore countless testimonies since recorded history regarding our soul or spirit or whatever you wish to call it.

I like tangible results - tested and proven with science but science is evolving and things like remote viewing, used by military and police, have proven quite effective. Also, to take a leaf out of your title, we have levitation by Buddhist monks - what have they tapped into that we can only speculate about?

Then there is the Global Consciousness Project which is attempting to zone in on this phenomena, among other things. Although the director runs the project from Princeton University, the University itself is NOT affiliated with the project

So I am always keen to explore those things.

Respondents on this thread do give seemingly valid explanations but personally I think there is a lot more to this specific phenomena than meets the eye/mind.

Or I, and quite a few others, are going mad............

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Things to consider:
What if the digital clock was never invented and you still used analog time?

Your brain is playing tricks on you.
Take control of your brain instead of letting it run wild.
It's a beautiful thing when you know how to use it, why it does what it does and how it does it to sometimes trip us up.

What's to consider? You're asking me to imagine a whole other paradigm, a condition which doesn't even exist, to resolve my questions? Nice.

Okay, so basically you've ignored the premise which I've presented and you don't have a direct answer...AND you've resorted to your usual condescension...all in one package. Aren't I lucky.

Hey, that's all I needed to know anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
On December 21, 2012, the date of the "end of the Mayan calendar", the astronomical phenomenon of the winter solstice will take place exactly at 11:11 AM on the UTC timezone.]

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Yeah, I've heard that before too. If so, what exactly does it do for those of us that see the number? None of us really knows what it means as far as I can tell.

Why some and not others?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

The only thing 11:11 really means to me would be the binary translation. True, true, true, true. Whatever that is supposed to mean

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

You're not going mad. You're just letting your brain have free run of the yard without any leash training, or domestication in that respect and because your subconscious notices a pattern and wants to attach significance to it, your conscious/rational mind attempts to 'fit' meaning onto something it doesn't understand the mechanism behind.

It's very much like the archetype primitive man hearing thunder, seeing lightening and making associations with the thunder sounding like a giant herd of Bison stampeding across the sky, where then in some cultures this became the Great White Buffalo spirit, or some such.

The primitive side of you wants to attach a rational meaning, and 'fit' what it doesn't understand into something that it does understand.

... and judging from your recent reply, you haven't even read the article I linked.

I haven't been condescending at all, nor have i even attempted to be, but, it would seem calling me such makes you feel more comfortable with discounting anything I have to say on the matter.
Totally up to you.
Live in ignorance, and have fun with your numbers.
When it's 2013, 2014, and the years keep ticking by with nothing of significance happening, well, I'll leave that up to you.

Edit to break replies to two different members which I neglected to clarify.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Live in ignorance, and have fun with your numbers.
When it's 2013, 2014, and the years keep ticking by with nothing of significance happening, well, I'll leave that up to you.

Who said anything about my subscribing to Mayan 2012 hoopla? Ah, I see. It must be that wild, untamed, elusive brain of mine that gave you that impression.

For the record, I don't believe in any of that Dec. 2012 stuff.

You were unable to answer my question (and yet you have no problem telling other posters that they're wrong.) You went straight back to an explanation that you have complete trust in (which doesn't even answer my initial question.)

Who is living in ignorance and denial?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by roisu
Anyone have the same experienced before?
and what dose it mean?

There are those amongst us that are mathematically minded.

There are spirits out there that are teaching mortals new-age religeons.

If the spirit is mathematically biased then they will always give their victim (yes, target) an urge to look at the clock when it is about to show a specific time.

The spirits are actually teaching the past in terms of number patters; not the future. what is probable is a temptation to seek the secrets. be wary of the worthless mystery.

If you want it to go away, simply ignore the patterns you see. Then the urge to look at the clock will stop.

numbers in application to acoustics and geometry allow non mechanical, physical flight. that is levitation.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join