It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 13, 'gang-raped by 20 men when she was just 11' sobs in court as she's shown video of horri

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Girl, 13, 'gang-raped by 20 men when she was just 11' sobs in court as she's shown video of horrific ordeal filmed by her attackers.

• Girl was 11 when gang-raped multiple times over four month period in 2010 in Cleveland, Texas
• Testifying in trial of Eric McGowen who admitted raping her with eight other males, sometimes two at a time
• Broke down on witness stand during video showing her having anal sex with attackers, jurors turned away
• Said in one attack she was 'probably' assaulted by all 20 males over 10 hours
• In separate ordeal she was penetrated by a beer bottle
• Prosecutor described attackers as 'pack of animals'
• First trial stemming from horrific case expected to provide new details
• Two men and six juveniles have pleaded guilty

Read more

In light of this horrific case its time we in America re-instituted the death sentence for the crime of rape, particularly of a child - no matter the age or sex of the child.

Its been forty four years since the state of Missouri put Ronald Wolfe to death for the crime of rape, and his execution marked the end of an era - one that I am suggesting we should return to. Throughout much of our history as a free nation this justifiable punishment was in force into the mid 1950's. In 1977, a year after the restoration of the death penalty as a constitutional punishment for murder, the U.S. Supreme Court branded death a cruel and unusual pun¬ishment for rape, and strongly suggested that only murder should qualify as a capital crime. “We have the abiding conviction that the death penalty, which is unique in its severity and irrevocability, is an excessive penalty for the rapist who, as such, does not take human life,” wrote liberal Justice Byron White.

But on April 16, the court will reconsider that “abiding conviction” in the case of a convicted child rapist from Louisiana. Kennedy v. Louisiana, No. 07-343.
When Patrick Kennedy, a black man, was sentenced to die for the rape of his 8-year-old stepdaughter, he was the only person on death row in this country for a crime other than murder. In 1995, Louisiana became the first state to restore capital punishment for the rape of a child under 12. Since then, four other states—Montana, Okla¬homa, South Carolina and Texas—have authorized capital punishment for child rape, albeit for a second conviction for sexual assault of a child.

Source - 1 of 20 involved in the crime

Do you notice the half smile on his face? Perhaps his countenance would change somewhat if he were sentenced to death row.
edit on 30-8-2012 by de_Genova because: add photo

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

why is this in the 2012 elections forum?
edit on 30-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Anyways... I'm against the death penalty until kids are involved. But my main thing is you have to be able to PROVE guilt. Plenty of rape claims are made against innocent people, this also includes molestation charges. It does happen.

It's a tough spot for sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Because according to the GOP platform, that girl shouldn't have a choice over getting rid of that child if she were pregnant.

Because traumatized 11 year old girls should be having babies and then be able to raise them without welfare assistance.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
They should all be shot in the face.

Pack of animals indeed.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one. The dumb, sick bas****** video taped it on top of everything else they did. (You would think that would be all the evidence you would need.) They should be put down.

edit on 30-8-2012 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

8 confessed so far, so as far as I'm concerned case closed.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
They should all be shot in the face.

Pack of animals indeed.

I vote for public flogging and a long jail sentence.

That's my 2 cents worth.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Six juveniles who were charged also have previously pleaded guilty. They received 7-year prison terms, but their sentences were suspended and they were put on probation for that amount of time

What the hell??

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this??

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

why is this in the 2012 elections forum?

Sorry about that..........perhaps a MOD could send it to the right place?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Although I am not totally against the death penalty, but these days the death penalty is more or less painless ( lethal injection or gas chamber). With all the suffering that poor little girl had to endure, why not bring back the electric chair and die a slow horrible death?

Or, when charged with rape, why not castrate the sobs and have them rott in a state pen with zero percent chance of parol and let them be raped for the rest of their pathetic lives?

As a mother, I feel people like that should be shot dead on the spot...

Alright rant over, phew...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Six juveniles who were charged also have previously pleaded guilty. They received 7-year prison terms, but their sentences were suspended and they were put on probation for that amount of time

What the hell??

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this??

I'm sure their next victim will disagree with the sentence, too.

Probation is out of line.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Chemical castration. Period.

I have no tolerance for rape, ESPECIALLY against a minor.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

Daily public flogging

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Death is too humane of a punishment for them.

I say tie them over a barrel in the showers at the prison 10 hours a day for the rest of their lives.

I'm sure that the prisoners will know what to do from there to make it memorable for them.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
they should be hung by their testis just high enough so their toes just touch the ground, giving a false hope of relief.
then thrown in general population, at the prison of their choice with a non removable sign around their necks that says child rapist.
they wouldn't last long.
edit on 30-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova

Do you notice the half smile on his face? Perhaps his countenance would change somewhat if he were sentenced to death row.
edit on 30-8-2012 by de_Genova because: add photo

Of course, don't you know he's going to get some serious street cred by going to jail

note i didn't say race because it's like that all across the board in street thug retards.

What horrific news.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is disgusting poor girl

it happen a lot more then we think off ..only a few cases are being reported
many always escape the weak human laws .. but will not be able to escape hell

they will all burn in the PIT .. that im 100% sure
edit on 8/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I think this is the best idea by far. And video tape it and pass it around the internet.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Actually, since she is 11 she is a child. That won't go over too well with the inmates.

These guys are gonna have it coming to them. Which is probably why they put the jeuvaniles on probation, because they , themselves, wouldn't be able to handle the gang rape.

Inmates already have their eyes on Holmes for killing children in the theater. Imagine what will happen to these rapists.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

after some residents suggested the girl was in part responsible for what happened, saying she wore makeup, looked older and wasn't properly supervised by her parents.

Are you *ing serious? An 11 year old girl is gangraped by 8 men and it's her fault because she was wearing makeup?

These guys should be fried and so should the idiots who blame the girl for the attack.
edit on 30-8-2012 by trollz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join