It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-hunting mob urges Team USA shooter Corey Cogdell to shoot herself, advocates violence against f

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If she kept that meat or if she donated that meat to the needy in her community, I have no problem with this or with hunting in general (presuming we are not talking about sport or trophy hunting, which I do find a bit disgusting, on principle)

"The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information."
~Edward Abbey

edit on 6-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Why is trap shooting an olympic sport? Kind a bullsh$t if you ask me, trap shooting compares with track and field, volleyball, tae kwon do, Judo? Weight lifting? Anti-hunting? This woman shoots "Clay" discs for god sakes, their not real. AW I GIVE UP!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by trysts

They were not put on this planet to eat, and please don't tell me what humans were put on the planet to do. You are just imagining things. People don't eat meat because of their teeth. That's just absurd. People eat meat because it "tastes good" to them, or they're too ignorant to figure out that people can live a healthy life without ever eating animal meat to subsist.

I didnt say HUMANS were put here on earth to eat. "they were put on this planet to eat" was meant to be the Animals. You are letting your Bias blind you. Animals have instincts that make them appear as more than they are. People ALWAYS try to humanize things they like. People are OMNIVORES. Why subsist when you can enjoy life? Do you kill flys? or insects? Walking on grass? If you are so serious about all life your very life is endangering other life. Animals do have one thing right. They kill and eat other animals too. And you want to see cruel? Watch a Cat play with its food. nature is full of cruelty. And you did not answer my question..Is it wrong for Indians to kill animals as well?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

What you argue goes against the laws of the animal kingdom. Animals kill. there is a food chain. Basic nature. It's real, it can be raw and humans are a part of that cycle. Wax philosophical about it all ya want (we humans do have our big brains) but that doesn't change the fundamental.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

reply to post by trysts

They were not put on this planet to eat, and please don't tell me what humans were put on the planet to do. You are just imagining things. People don't eat meat because of their teeth. That's just absurd. People eat meat because it "tastes good" to them, or they're too ignorant to figure out that people can live a healthy life without ever eating animal meat to subsist.

I didnt say HUMANS were put here on earth to eat. "they were put on this planet to eat" was meant to be the Animals. You are letting your Bias blind you. Animals have instincts that make them appear as more than they are. People ALWAYS try to humanize things they like. People are OMNIVORES. Why subsist when you can enjoy life? Do you kill flys? or insects? Walking on grass? If you are so serious about all life your very life is endangering other life. Animals do have one thing right. They kill and eat other animals too. And you want to see cruel? Watch a Cat play with its food. nature is full of cruelty. And you did not answer my question..Is it wrong for Indians to kill animals as well?

Indians were a part of a primitive society. We are not a part of a primitive society. The best thing about humans is that they can subsist without killing other beings to do so. Through reasoning, any human being has the ability to understand that killing free beings who pose no danger is worse than awful. If you choose not to learn the actual benefits of learning and discovery in the human race through centuries, then you are either ignorant or cruel.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by trysts

What you argue goes against the laws of the animal kingdom. Animals kill. there is a food chain. Basic nature. It's real, it can be raw and humans are a part of that cycle. Wax philosophical about it all ya want (we humans do have our big brains) but that doesn't change the fundamental.

We can learn and change. We are not animals hunting for other animals to kill in order to survive. We can eat a salad.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
Why is trap shooting an olympic sport? Kind a bullsh$t if you ask me, trap shooting compares with track and field, volleyball, tae kwon do, Judo? Weight lifting? Anti-hunting? This woman shoots "Clay" discs for god sakes, their not real. AW I GIVE UP!

Really??

You are going to argue that there is no skill involved in shooting?
If you like we can name all sorts of Olympic events that one could consider pointless why not mention those as well?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I DO NOT appreciate being slandered. Just because Meat is good and full of protein.Not everyone thinks the same as you. Calling indians backwards is a new low. They were not stupid. Oh were so advanced...we dont have to eat anything but plants. Give me a break. What would you say if its found out that plants have feelings too? how would you feel to be called a murderer of plants? I bet you would defend it as well as meat eaters do. It is not natural for humans to just eat plants. Its a fact. I am done with you. you are not worth arguing with. Go to youtube where your intelligence will be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

I DO NOT appreciate being slandered. Just because Meat is good and full of protein.Not everyone thinks the same as you. Calling indians backwards is a new low. They were not stupid. Oh were so advanced...we dont have to eat anything but plants. Give me a break. What would you say if its found out that plants have feelings too? how would you feel to be called a murderer of plants? I bet you would defend it as well as meat eaters do. It is not natural for humans to just eat plants. Its a fact. I am done with you. you are not worth arguing with. Go to youtube where your intelligence will be appreciated.

The Indians were not privy to the studies done on being a vegan, or vegetarian. They were primitive in that sense. Now the excuse is either cruelty or ignorance for killing a free, conscious being, and claiming your act of cruelty or ignorance is somehow "instinctual", or "meat is good and full of protein". That is pathetic.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

LOL I am getting old first thing I thought was I wonder what her mom looks like?

Poor guy. Set up a double date for us. I think we'll be having pheasant for dinner.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
I only hunt for meat. yes they are free beings in a sense but they are owned by the state. Here in Virginia you may own the land but all of the game and birds on it are property of the state. If you look up the game laws that is how it is stated.

I would imagine that you can secure a game bird breeders license and have controlled hunts in which limits do not apply.

Every State has different rules but in MO if you breed the birds and release them for hunts there is no limit they just have to be tagged so that if you take a wild pheasant by mistake they can be counted for fish and game management.

From what I understand you have to band them count them and release them and account for all the birds after.

Some always get away but hunters are required to show any bands to fish and game if they get one later in the year or something. I suppose if too many of a certain persons are getting away they'd lose their license.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Our sweet Lord gave us dominion over all beasts. It's in THE BOOK!!

bible.cc...

If that beautiful woman want's to shoot every damn animal on the planet she would still be in Gods grace.

just a little hyperbolic sarcasm to consider.

edit on 6-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
On Judgement Day, each one of those birds will testify against her that she shot them for sport and not food.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I wonder how far our brains would have evolved had we been a herbivore species? My money says we would not be smart at all and its our carnivorous roots that led our brains to a higher level of thinking. We live in a world that is not always easy to understand but imo if god didnt want me to eat animals he would not have made them out of meat?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

Me Think "Fish are Friends, not Food".

edit on 6-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

SO people can survive without meat huh? is that why vegetarians have to take special supplements or risk getting sick?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and should not be trusted on this or any other subject where there's a potential for your heart to outshout your head.....

Honest to god how people can say such ignorant things and expect to be taken seriously is beyond me.

as vegetarians you'll need to take supplements to make up the difference

As this article and plenty of others like it plainly show.... No it's not natural to eat only vegetables and fruits nor is it particularly healthy without taking unnatural and highly processed supplements. But keep thinking you're right and the rest of the world is wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by trysts

SO people can survive without meat huh? is that why vegetarians have to take special supplements or risk getting sick?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and should not be trusted on this or any other subject where there's a potential for your heart to outshout your head.....

Honest to god how people can say such ignorant things and expect to be taken seriously is beyond me.

Oh! And supplements are a lie.

as vegetarians you'll need to take supplements to make up the difference

As this article and plenty of others like it plainly show.... No it's not natural to eat only vegetables and fruits nor is it particularly healthy without taking unnatural and highly processed supplements. But keep thinking you're right and the rest of the world is wrong.

I've been a vegetarian for quite a while, and most of my friends are vegetarians. You don't know what you're talking about. Vegetarianism is the best diet ever.
edit on 6-8-2012 by trysts because: I forgot to respond to "supplements"

Oh! and supplements are a lie.

edit on 6-8-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If she wants a hunting challenge how bout she hunt trained snipers and see how she fairs out? She wants to hunt, lets make it an actual sport where it is challenging. Hunting harmless animals not for food but for just plain sport is absolutely sickening.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This is just out of line, wholesale slaughter. I am not impressed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

None of those animals are dressed (gutted) so you can guarantee they all went to waste. By that point they are waste.

edit on 6-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join