It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-hunting mob urges Team USA shooter Corey Cogdell to shoot herself, advocates violence against f

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
(sigh)...... It's getting to where I'm moving to fact check every story before I comment. After making a bloody fool of myself a few times by not jumping a few links back, I think it's becoming second nature. Shouldn't have to be......

"Anyone who gets in my position has those encounters," she said before leaving for the London Olympics last month. "I tell people I grew up as a meat hunter and I try to utilize everything that I hunted when I was growing up and even now.

"So many people don't understand what conservation is. There are areas where if it is not hunted, animals would starve. I always try to explain to people that, even what is considered sport hunting, if those animals weren't hunted, a lot of them would die of overpopulation or disease.

"Even when I'm hunting in Africa, the meat I can't keep goes to a lot of villages and people who need the meat and count on that meat. So many villages are now dependent on sport hunters providing that meat for them."
Source

If she dumped the carcass she shot in a dumpster or let them lay in the field to rot with a "Animals gotta eat' kind of excuse, I'd sure feel strongly against her. However, she sounds like she'd fit in about right in this part of the country. A lot of hunting, everything possible gets used (by most people) and...there are some areas that are so far out of balance by hunting predators to extinction that she's absolutely right on the hunting to keep artificial balance. I'd imagine any Conservation officer would agree since it's almost word to word what their displays say too.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by grey580

This is just out of line, wholesale slaughter. I am not impressed.

How do you know what she did with them? If they were consumed and presumably they were what is the problem?

No one I know who hunts wastes their harvests -

1) Hunters are the primary financial support for most of our State's wildlife management and conservation efforts through their licensing and fees. Without hunting there would be no money for game and wildlife management. If it a classic example of taxing the users of a resource for its use - or I guess they could just tax everyone so they can have fish and game agents cull the populations of animals so they don't over breed?

2) Hunters tend to be very good stewards of the land wanting to preserve the populations for future enjoyment by not over hunting.

3) Hunters are also very conscious of the public impression of the sport and take care to ensure that they use the game they harvest to help preserve the sport.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Well for one none of those animals are field dressed, you do not have more than minutes to safely gut and bleed game before it starts to spoil, but what the hell do I know I'm just a stupid meat hunter..
That applies even more so when you use a shotgun to kill the game, bruised and punctured organs will contaminate the meat much faster.
edit on 6-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

Well for one none of those animals are field dressed, you do not have more than minutes to safely gut and bleed game before it starts to spoil, but what the hell do I know I'm just a stupid meat hunter..
That applies even more so when you use a shotgun to kill the game, bruised and punctured organs will contaminate the meat much faster.

You are doing it wrong then - phesant are hung intact for a few days for best flavor.

PHEASANT

Hang 5 or 6 days under refrigeration. The skin and feathers are similar to a chicken's. The skin is reasonably firm and pheasant can be dry-plucked or dipped in scalding water and wet-plucked. Pheasant does not pluck well on a mechanical duck plucker. Clip off wings at first joint, legs at joint, and neck close to body. Pheasant may be frozen in feathers as described under grouse, only use 1⁄2-gallon freezer bags. Liver and heart may be sautéed or used in pate.

www.orvis.com...

Here is some excellent advice on how to prepare phesant some of the best advice I have found. Note intact and hanging....

•Keep your birds as cool and as separate as possible in the field. Use a game strap, not the game bag in your vest. Separate your birds in the truck or put them in a cooler — do not get them wet!
•Hanging your birds by the neck or feet does not matter, as several studies has shown.
•Hang the birds between 50-55 degrees for at least three days, up to a week with an old rooster. Old roosters will have horny beaks, blunt spurs and feet that look like they have been walked on for quite some time. They will also have a stiff, heavy keelbone. Hen pheasants only need 3 days.
•Do not hang any game birds that have been gut-shot or are generally torn up. Butcher these immediately and use them for a pot pie.
•Dry-pluck any bird that has hung for more than 3 days.
•Wash and dry your birds after you pluck and draw them. Only then should you freeze them.

honest-food.net...
edit on 6/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm not a hunter myself, but I have nothing against it. If she is going to freeze all that and use it or donate to a shelter, needy families, I got no problem with it. But, to kill in that amount just because you can, then I got a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Took you long enough to fact check me, but heres the scoop. When you hang birds they must be gutted and bled. You dont leave the blood and guts in it. Thats the old way of flavoring meat by letting rot. Its gross you can but its gross. You can see she is in the shade of a tree, a tree with leaves, meaning its summer meaning its warm meaning the meat is decaying. You just dont leave game your gonna eat lying in a heap in the heat, you dont.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
One thing I do find mildly amusing is that the people advocating violence against her seem to forget two things.

1. She's armed.
2. She's a good shot.

Lets drop down to our knees and ask for forgiveness then, i wonder if those ducks or whatever, were shooting back, or just going about their business, or maybe watching a movie, shopping around, or maybe just passing by, when suddenly..

Makes any difference?

Hability to think, gives your right to kill? so what if another race came by killing us for fun, what happens then? run? fight back? lie on the ground and wait for it?

I'm a good shot too, who cares, i don't find any fun or pleasure in killing, but i would do it, if required, to survive, or protect, not for fun though, i hunted in the past, never took pleasure out of it, never fitted in, but i know the deal.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

Took you long enough to fact check me, but heres the scoop. When you hang birds they must be gutted and bled. You dont leave the blood and guts in it. Thats the old way of flavoring meat by letting rot. Its gross you can but its gross. You can see she is in the shade of a tree, a tree with leaves, meaning its summer meaning its warm meaning the meat is decaying. You just dont leave game your gonna eat lying in a heap in the heat, you dont.

Ok Daniel Boone... I posted the links so people will know how clueless your coments are. Been hunting an prepareing phesant the same way for many years.

Doesn't matter you can leave the bird intact or not depends on how you like the taste. I don't clean anything till the end of the day. I certqainly don't pluck them until they are properly hung.

Some people don't gut them for a few days it's not necessary unless the organs are compromised. That is stated in the advice as well.

Seems it's not just me either....

www.fieldandstream.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

In Oklahoma, if we didn't have deer season, starving deer and deer killed by auto becomes a major problem. Whether or not the deer get eaten or not (most do) is kind of beside the point. Keeps animals numbers in check.

part of the problem is that we have killed off all of the deer's natural predators (wolves, cougars, etc.), thus throwing off the balance that nature had been cultivated over eons. so now we humans have to fill the void of "herd culler", else we run into the problems you have mentioned.

however, unlike natural predators who thin the herd by eating the weak, old or infirm, and thereby actually serving to increase the overall health of the herd, we humans like to 'bag' the biggest bucks with the largest racks, thereby depleting the gene pool of its strongest, and thereby rendering the herd weaker.

in other words, there is a vast difference between culling and killing. we humans too often are agents of the latter.

Awesome, you know the stuff, for the people who says it is because there are too many, they don't consider what's the reason for that, there are too many because there are too many of us! we take the land, move them away, make entires species disappear, then of course nature balance is broken, and then we need to take care of the problem, but most of us never see it that way, everything that is not for the benefit of the human race, is just taking space that we need, so we need to remove it, at some point, and as you said, we take the strongest, there's no point in following and killing the weakest, no, it has to be the biggest, strongest one, so we end up killing the species, eventually.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

I beg to differ. There are too many because complete and total idiots who really DID sport shoot in numbers that ought to make everyone sick, basically hunted predator species all over North America to extinction....and a few that weren't predator at all. A few exceptions were left like Bear but just about everything that could eat us, bite us or seriously threaten us were killed as they were found.

Now all that happened before you and I were born. We have reality as we find it and the world we're in does have a serious balance issue. We can let nature run totally out of balance and see the animals die slow and hard from starvation, or allow harvesting like she's doing. It happens to serve her particular situation as training for the games too, but as her own accounts note, she's been a hunter all her life. I see nothing wrong at all with what she's doing, personally. Not so long as what she is shooting is NOT simply dumped or left to rot in place.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
If it was just competition shooting, good on her. But since she is not only participating in trophy hunting, but posting pictures of it, I think she should be shot in both knees...

Shot in both knees. What a tool.
And the ass-hats that starred your post.

"Geez, since trophy hunting is so bad, let's shoot her!"

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, we all know the world is lacking many birds. And this chick just kills them like they're everywhere. What a sicko.
Pheasant tastes really really good.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For those who are expressing violence against her... look in the mirror... hypocrisy is a sneaky little bugger.

Do you know the whole story behind the photo? Do you know what was done with the birds afterward? I doubt that all those birds were thrown into a waste bin somewhere. The majority of hunters are aware that animals = food. Most hunters have large freezers to store the extra meat for the year. To jump to any other conclusion and become so completely irrational as to call for violence against another human is just plain sick.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

What does everyone else think?

I think she's one hell of a shot.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This lady is complete garbage. What a waste of life, energy, and food. Why would you take somethings life just to take a picture of it?

TRASHHHHHHHHH

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I hate to have to state the obvious. There are limits on what you can shoot and possess as a legal hunter. It would have taken a large group hunt , to accumulate so many ring-necked pheasants. If they were shot illegally, do you think she'd be posing with these birds in a picture??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
On Judgement Day, each one of those birds will testify against her that she shot them for sport and not food.

How"professional" is that quote?
Theres just too damn many people who have nothing better to do than stick their noses in other peopes lives.
Those are raised to be shot pheasants.
They are not wild birds.
If people spent as much time worrying about their own actions, wed have a better world by far.......
Lets begin with "Judge not that ye be not judged"
And i could quote some more but im sure you get it.
Funny thing you are all over the war threads......i guess people are fair game compared to aniumals?
This is the story of how we get controlled....these situations are natural dividers of people and are encouraged by the PTB.
Point being shes cute and she can shoot, whats it to the rest of the world?
If she wants to do this then i say leave her alone.....find something constructive to do instead of caalling down some chick who is just doing what shes been taught.
I imagine if you are half as professional as you seem to indicate , you must have even more to answer for than a handful of dead birds.
Come your own Judgement day.......why not concentrate on that?
people have this great propensity for living others lives......at the expense of their own spiritual well being.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by grey580

She's a disgusting human being, all proud of her privileged state of being able to murder harmless beings.

Gee your so right, she should murder harmful beings as soon as possible. And the most harmful beings on the planet are people....lets turn her loose in harlem and see what kind of trophy she can bag. Would this be acceptable to you?

Or does beef broth make yer stomach ache?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
Well, we all know the world is lacking many birds. And this chick just kills them like they're everywhere. What a sicko.

Feral cats kill 480 million birds in US every year - Responsible for 33 extinctions
www.wildlifeextra.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike

Feral cats kill 480 million birds in US every year - Responsible for 33 extinctions
www.wildlifeextra.com...

dang, I am allergic to cats too....open cat season.......

I suppose the meat could be donated to the local chinese resturant.

Of course to kill that many cats quickly I'd need "assault weapons" and 1000's of rounds ordered on the internet........oh wait, won't be able to do that either. Too bad for the next 400 million birds......all these anti-gun cat lovers are really bird haters.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join