It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-hunting mob urges Team USA shooter Corey Cogdell to shoot herself, advocates violence against f

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think I just found my next ex-wife

wowza

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I grew up hunting there is nothing wrong with it. That said this woman is not really a hunter... Do you really think that the land would really support all of those ring necked pheasants? She clearly was on a "canned" hunt when the birds are raids like chickens and then released. This is just a sad state of confusion when people think that is hunting.

That is where the outrage should be directed ... in my opinion!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

In Oklahoma, if we didn't have deer season, starving deer and deer killed by auto becomes a major problem. Whether or not the deer get eaten or not (most do) is kind of beside the point. Keeps animals numbers in check.

part of the problem is that we have killed off all of the deer's natural predators (wolves, cougars, etc.), thus throwing off the balance that nature had been cultivated over eons. so now we humans have to fill the void of "herd culler", else we run into the problems you have mentioned.

however, unlike natural predators who thin the herd by eating the weak, old or infirm, and thereby actually serving to increase the overall health of the herd, we humans like to 'bag' the biggest bucks with the largest racks, thereby depleting the gene pool of its strongest, and thereby rendering the herd weaker.

in other words, there is a vast difference between culling and killing. we humans too often are agents of the latter.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
I grew up hunting there is nothing wrong with it.!

Yes, there is something wrong with it. You're killing free beings. They have just as much of a right as you do to live another day.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Seems excessive to me. I don't understand the concept of posing with the dead animals you just killed. Where's the reverence, the respect? To me it's not that she hunted, they do look tasty, it's her complete lack of empathy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That's not hunting, it's a massacre.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
everybody here saying shame on her has obviously never hunted pheasant before (no it's not duck)...

hunting ignorance is quite obvious in some of the posters on this thread...

I can guarantee all those birds were broken down and then frozen for later use...that many birds actually amounts to less meat than one single deer does...

do you have any idea just how long frozen meat lasts? a very long time...

there is sometimes a limit on how many birds you can kill...but if you are on private land with permission most of the time you can kill as many as you want simply because they are EVERYWHERE and there are PLENTY OF THEM...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I agree we don't know the context of that picture.

And does that even come close to what goes on in a KFC slaughter house?
I doubt it.

Context.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yeah that was basically my thinking. I always lol at self righteous animal rights folks who threaten violence against humans. Idiots.

Domo wants to meet this lady. I was going to make a very inappropriate pun there.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
it seems most people here don't realize that any hunter will always use the animals they kill for food...either for themselves or somebody else (there are plenty of places that will take donation meat)...

if they're not using it for food it's essentially poaching...and you can get a pretty hefty fine for doing something like that...

even if you're in it for trophy hunting and you want to have a taxidermist stuff that critter for you...you still get the meat...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
even if you're in it for trophy hunting and you want to have a taxidermist stuff that critter for you...you still get the meat...

yum... wolf meat.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I'm not against hunting myself, but posting a picture like that is asking for trouble with people who are against hunting. Not saying it's right the way they are doing it, but I can see why people would get upset. That's a bit much.

That looks like her seasonal limit of pheasant (least on the low res screen I have it does ones in the back could be quail I can’t see the heads) to me nothing to get up in arms about. Depending on the place it could be the whole hunting parties’ harvest I guess. Sometimes we take pictures of the collective harvest for the group.

I take my limit every year and put them in the freezer. A pheasant dresses out really small and is an individual serving (if that) so if she has 6 six person sit down diners she's consumed them all.

A lot of people also donate to the shelters. Our food bank hands out frozen wild game all the time.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Yeah that was basically my thinking. I always lol at self righteous animal rights folks who threaten violence against humans. Idiots.

Domo wants to meet this lady. I was going to make a very inappropriate pun there.

LOL I am getting old first thing I thought was I wonder what her mom looks like?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by grey580

She's a disgusting human being, all proud of her privileged state of being able to murder harmless beings.

Its not murder. Murder is reserved for Humans. it could be called wasteful though. And you know..Judge not lest ye be judged you know. I am sure you have a few things in your life that would get you called a disgusting human too. People need to worry about themselves instead of what someone does with their right to hunt. They have limits they can get for a year. Those birds are in no danger of being hunted to extinction. Sometimes hunting is needed to keep numbers in check as well you know. OH but PETA don't ever mention that.

And has been stated before by others. Those birds have very little meat after being cleaned. It takes ALOT of them to make a dinner worth cooking. DO we have any proof those birds were not used or eaten eventually?
edit on 6-8-2012 by yuppa because: added some new info

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes, there is something wrong with it. You're killing free beings. They have just as much of a right as you do to live another day.

I only hunt for meat. yes they are free beings in a sense but they are owned by the state. Here in Virginia you may own the land but all of the game and birds on it are property of the state. If you look up the game laws that is how it is stated.

but we are now the lion of the forest. I would much prefer to shoot a deer and eat it before eating a hormone fed genetically engineered cow like we have today.

I fish too so should that be considered cruelty to fish?

I do not take hunting lightly and I do not shoot willy nilly in the woods ....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I only hunt for meat. yes they are free beings in a sense but they are owned by the state. Here in Virginia you may own the land but all of the game and birds on it are property of the state. If you look up the game laws that is how it is stated.

but we are now the lion of the forest. I would much prefer to shoot a deer and eat it before eating a hormone fed genetically engineered cow like we have today.

I fish too so should that be considered cruelty to fish?

I do not take hunting lightly and I do not shoot willy nilly in the woods ....

They are not owned by the State. They are free beings, just like fish. It is very cruel to murder a free being for sport and pleasure in this country. You should stop being a predator. We're quite able to subsist without murdering animals.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

You vegetarian? Humans are not meant to subsist on just plants. Its why we have these lovely canines because humans can eat both. Eating just one type of food is not healthy. They were put on the planet to eat. You can do it with respect as well. Indians killed animals too. Are they wrong too?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just my $.02...

As others have stated, hunting for sport with the intention of feeding one's self and family with the harvested game is all fine and good.

Hunting for sport and trophy is lame!

This appears to be the latter and is therefore LAME!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
She looks so Proud.

Nice shot Sista! - NOW EAT THEM!!!

Kill for Food, not Fun.

It's time for the Animals to fight Back!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by trysts

You vegetarian? Humans are not meant to subsist on just plants. Its why we have these lovely canines because humans can eat both. Eating just one type of food is not healthy. They were put on the planet to eat. You can do it with respect as well. Indians killed animals too. Are they wrong too?

They were not put on this planet to eat, and please don't tell me what humans were put on the planet to do. You are just imagining things. People don't eat meat because of their teeth. That's just absurd. People eat meat because it "tastes good" to them, or they're too ignorant to figure out that people can live a healthy life without ever eating animal meat to subsist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join