It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-hunting mob urges Team USA shooter Corey Cogdell to shoot herself, advocates violence against f

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
twitchy.com...

Sure the shooting is a little excessive.
Especially if she's not going to eat those animals or let them go to waste.

Corey Cogdell is a Trap Shooter who won a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing and competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

She also participates in trophy hunting (hunting of wild game animals).

After Cogdell published photos on Facebook of herself posing alongside animals she killed, anti-hunting activists took to Twitter to express their strong displeasure.

Some of the posts are very angry about it too.

@CoreyCogdell please go shoot yourself in the knees. YOU ANIMAL MURDERER!! you're a disgusting human being.

What does everyone else think?
edit on 6-8-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm not against hunting myself, but posting a picture like that is asking for trouble with people who are against hunting. Not saying it's right the way they are doing it, but I can see why people would get upset. That's a bit much.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Those people are so ironic they will never understand.

They advocate the thing they despise the most, on people! Best to not acknowledge them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

If it was just competition shooting, good on her. But since she is not only participating in trophy hunting, but posting pictures of it, I think she should be shot in both knees...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Something about these mainly leftist groups that makes them absolutely disgusting.

Reminds me of this case

www.dailymail.co.uk...

They are well known for their shocking adverts with some of the world's most famous people posing naked to help boost their animal rights message. But this time PETA may have gone too far with its latest campaign, which suggests those who swim or fish in waters containing sharks are attacked or killed as 'payback'. The new poster shows a shark eating a severed human leg and the blood-stained slogan 'Payback is Hell', which aims to shock people into turning vegan.

Personally, I find trophy hunting wrong. Hunting for survival is different, but to advocate harm to someone is always totally out of line.
edit on 6-8-2012 by bringback because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by facelift

How very mean-spirited of you.

She does something you don't agree with, fine. But advocating violence against her... I guess that is par for the course these days, especially in the "Information Age".

Are you one of those "I'd take a bullet for an animal, but I wouldn't piss on (insert unliked person's name here) if they were on fire?

I would say I'm stunned... but I'm not. In an age of anonymous postings, people will say whatever they want.

link   
If its not for food then I don't approve.

It's pretty sick to kill just for sport or trophy.

I don't support violence against her but do hope she has an awakening.

Animals have life as well even if their physical life form differs from our own. I'm a bit nutty though.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

She's a disgusting human being, all proud of her privileged state of being able to murder harmless beings.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
She shoots, and is kind of cute.......

What was the problem.

On most game reserves, if the limit isn't shot, they often have so many of the said game that feeding them all becomes a problem.

In Oklahoma, if we didn't have deer season, starving deer and deer killed by auto becomes a major problem. Whether or not the deer get eaten or not (most do) is kind of beside the point. Keeps animals numbers in check.
edit on 6-8-2012 by SrWingCommander because: sp

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
wow...i guess shooting and killing ten or twelve would not be as satisfying...and the other thing i just can't understand...why do we always see big smiles on hunters standing by some dead animal they shot...what kind of joy does one get to create that big smile

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Are you one of those "I'd take a bullet for an animal, but I wouldn't piss on (insert unliked person's name here) if they were on fire?

Yes, I am...

But, you're trippin' for no reason...from source:

@CoreyCogdell please go shoot yourself in the knees. YOU ANIMAL MURDERER!! you're a disgusting human being.

I was just agreeing, and trying to make Corey's watered down threat a little more profound...you should be yelling at Corey.

ETA: just noticed Corey did make it plural (knees), so I just wanted to say that I am satisfied with that.

edit on 6-8-2012 by facelift because: singular vs plural

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

There is nothing wrong with hunting as long as it isn't done in excess, which it is clearly done here. Though I am not siding with either side, I don't think we should make hunting a sport, that would be making things we do out of instinct a sport, like eating...wait we have that, and taking a crap a sport, maybe in the future. This is one of the few things I sit pretty much evenly in the middle of both arguments. Hunting/fishing is still done around the world as the primary source of food compared to walking into a slaughter house and shooting a nail into a cow's head, who is stuck in a cow-pin ( that reference is from One Day on Earth i do believe).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I highly doubt she is serving as a volunteer game warden though. Lol

She's not killing to eat them or to make sure the population is adequate.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a good example of the excesses of hunting. Were those birds eaten? Doubt it.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One thing I do find mildly amusing is that the people advocating violence against her seem to forget two things.

1. She's armed.
2. She's a good shot.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
She may think that picture paints her in a good fashion but I say it is really sad. Hunting just to kill is wrong.

Most hunters are harvesting meat for meals.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I understand that some people don't agree with hunting. No problems, and posting comments is what the First Amendment protects.

What bothers me a little is the opinion expressed that she should not have displayed those pictures. The idea that we should self censor ourselves over issues like hunting because it offends some seems antithetical to the First Amendment and the American Spirit. (Yes I know that's a vague term and may be mocked. Just ignore it if you want.)

Vigorous debate should be encouraged. Try expressing an opinion that you are sure no one will be offended by.

Well? Is no one able to do that? That's what I thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by grey580

If it was just competition shooting, good on her. But since she is not only participating in trophy hunting, but posting pictures of it, I think she should be shot in both knees...

and forced to eat all her kills, raw,
feathers and all.

i've nothing against competition shooting or hunting

but that is a disgusting waste of food she's got there

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well the photo seems a bit excessive. If she is donating all of those ducks to local chinese restaurants then I'm cool with it.

DOn't get me wrong I'm a gun owner and I've hunted animals before. But I'll only hunt to eat or to rid a property of a pest species. Took out a 250 pound wild hog that was destroying a farm in central california once. But I won't hunt for sport.

To prove that not all gun owners will kill a animal just cause let me tell you a story. Last year I was out in the desert at a shooting meet. Most of us were spending the night and camping in the desert, bbq etc after a long day of shooting in the sun. There were a few families present with their kids. Just then a lone coyote (which is unusual, and usually means something is wrong with the animal) crept up to within 20 fet of our camp near where the kids were playing by their RV.

The initial response was for all the old men to grab their guns and do away with the animal. It's perfectly legal to randomly shoot coyotes. they are considered a pest species. (although it's not something I would do or condone) The coyote runs off. being the only young guy I tell them I'll go after it and get it. So I grab my shotgun and track the coyote into the darkness.

So I track it for about 400 Yards through some low hilly desert. THe coyote sees me and dives down into a arroyo or small ravine. So i follow it down and find it cornered in the back of the ravine frantically pacing left and right looking for a way out. The only way out is past me. THis coyote knows its dead. So I aim the shotgun at the coyote and prepare to fire. (to be honest I wasn't sure if I was prepared to fire on it or not emotionally, just didn't seem right)

Thats when time stood still. I made eye contact with the coyote. It looked very hungry and slightly malnourished. It was like we spoke to each other telepathically or something. It's eyes said "come on man don't kill me!!!" And mine said "we've got a deal, but watch out for the other humans, they're dicks" I sorta nodded and I swear the coyote sorta did it's equivalent body language wise of "message understood"

I then turned my back on this Coyote and simply walked away heading back towards my camp. To fool the old men I fired two quick blasts into the side of the ravine and then a short second later a third. And then walked back towards camp again.

When I got back to camp I told them all I had killed the Coyote. To keep them off my back and to stop them from trying to go out and hunt it further.

Later about 45 min, we were cleaning up. I took all the left over meat that we had grilled that was going to be tossed, said I was going to where we put the trash bin (about 100 yards away in the darkness up on a hill where our pop tents were still set up along the makeshift firing line.) Put all the food on a table high enough so that basically only the coyote and a few other animals could get to it and walked away. At 5:30 AM I was the first to get up. I walked up to the firing line where I had put out the food (yes it was away from the spent brass and lead)

And sure enough the food plate was licked clean. It was a thick plastic plate and I could see some coyote marks. So I know the coyote was probably the guy who enjoyed the meal. The Coyote didn't deserve to die. It was just sick, tired and hungry. The area is pretty remote with not too many people around so I doubt I was training the animal to loose it's fear of humans or anything, and in m opinion this Coyote was not dangerous just misunderstood. Wait just like most gun owners. Not dangerous and simply misunderstood.

The point of the whole story I'm sharing is that gun owners aren't all crazy hunters that hunt just cause they have nothing else to do. Like I've said I've hunted and killed animals before using a gun. I did it for practical reasons though.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
If its not for food then I don't approve.

It's pretty sick to kill just for sport or trophy.

I don't support violence against her but do hope she has an awakening.

Animals have life as well even if their physical life form differs from our own. I'm a bit nutty though.

i am in complete agreement.

i have a friend who hunts, and while i am a vegetarian and certainly no hunter, i respect him as he either hunts with a bow or uses a single shot rifle. he has a deep reverence for the animal, will eat it and honors the deep connection we have with the other denizens of the planet.

trophy hunting & poaching, on the other hand, are deeply twisted activities. especially when the weapons used to kill are grossly excessive.

if one wishes to "prove one's mettle" against the beasts of nature, instead of shooting wolves from helicopters, we should do as our ancestors did and head out into the wild with nothing but a spear or a sling.

we should certainly leave the following behind:

www.cracked.com...

PS i certainly do not invite violence on this woman, or any other being... but an awakening of sorts to all those who think it is "fun" to kill would be swell.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”. Mahatma Gandhi

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join