It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A "non-story" exposes the Hypocritical agenda of LGBT Community.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Such behavior by LGBT's will merely add up to society's further disdain. Tolerance can only go so far - push it more and it will snap. Gays should smarten up and keep their frustrations to themselves and contribute positively to society rather than being obnoxious pests.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk
reply to post by gncnew

Such behavior by LGBT's will merely add up to society's further disdain. Tolerance can only go so far - push it more and it will snap. Gays should smarten up and keep their frustrations to themselves and contribute positively to society rather than being obnoxious pests.

Tolerance? Society's further disdain? Its not the 1950's anymore!

You suggest that gays should contribute positively to society - OK, perhaps they could begin to integrate and adopt common societal acts and values, like marriage.....oh wait....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
There's a weird epidemic going around on ATS... this weird paranoia of the "agenda" of any minority group or any group that's perpetually discriminated against, particularly when it comes to any form of progress that said group achieves. On the one hand we all cry freedom and peace for all of mankind... then we turn around and say, wait except for blacks, gays, Jewish, etc... ya know we can't have EVERYTHING equal...

On pessimistic days I conclude that either:
1) Many of the sheeple are in a lot of ways actually much more intelligent than the paranoid at ATS
2) TBTB did an even greater job of brainwashing us all than previously thought, or
3) It is just the human condition that those with power will abuse the powerless (Zimbardo prison experiment style), and even if we find a way to colonize Mars and start fresh, the same stupid crap will happen all over again.

Sometimes it's even worse here-- at least normal bigots are open about it, but people here are actually trying to justify their love for gays and still deny their right to marriage? Why don't u guys tell all your gay friends to their face how you feel about it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Your post pretty well gives you away as the kind of 'Christian' a lot of people have come to expect. You continual condescending remarks towards ....Redneck....Nascar.... toothless etc. provides the audience here with a bit of direction you seem to take in defining people unlike yourself. Frankly, you need to stay in the blighted city you have created and leave us 'plumb dumb sure'nuf good 'ol boys alone so's we'uns cen get back ta doin what we'uns do best. And that is scoff and laugh at those who consider the 'South' a backwards gator ridden plantation life, Daisy Duke, Boss Hog environment. You all just keep thinking that, and keep it in your mind that you don't want to come anywhere near the south with it's toothless inbred, shine sippin hibleys. Please stay away and dont infect Paradise with your 'malcontent liberal city' attitudes and undesirable and immoral lifestyle practices. We here do close on Sunday, and Do go to church , and Do raise our own Children, and Do attend to others needs and charity. And Yea we are Black and White and Brown and Yellow and Red, and we care for each other. Life here is 'By and By' obviously something that exceedingly escapes your perceptions. But You might be too busy pigeonholeing everyone different than you to notice. LGBT people exist all over..... but it doesn't mean they are to be catered to, nor does it mean that they will be accepted wherever they go. We reserve the right to befriend people WE Choose to Befriend, not what a morally bankrupt society in some far off state dictates. I would never stray far from the South, and other than visiting or business, There's not much to entice me away from here. We have the freedom to pick and choose who we associate with, and that is America. So OP, I take issue with your attitude and remarks belittling others but ....... it's yours to have........

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Sir ... i have no idea what kind of argument you just made. It has no discussion value what so ever. It was a rant. Please be a bit more productive and put some argumentative detail into the rant at least.

If you don't want to around some one who disagrees with gay relationships you are more than welcome to try to take my life. However, I don't sit down and take it where the sun doesn't shine unlike ..... nevermind.

----

I should put it better, you should be legally obligated to inform your spouse of any disease that you have that can be passed on to your off spring before marriage. If the woman / man still wants to get married, then so be it. So in a way , i am in favor of selective reproduction.
edit on 7-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk
reply to post by gncnew

Sure, maybe they should contribute positively to society by supporting Freedom - One of America's highest values. Oh wait, they already are...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Um....putting intellect first huh? No offense, but have you stepped outside lately? This could not be further from the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Sir ... i have no idea what kind of argument you just made. It has no discussion value what so ever. It was a rant. Please be a bit more productive and put some argumentative detail into the rant at least.

There is no discussion value because I completely tore apart your faulty reasoning.

I am not boasting, it was not hard to do, it's pretty obvious that stating gays should not get married because they don't reproduce is not an argument against gay marriage, it is an argument against people not having babies, and the two are not even related. Straight people get married and don't reproduce, I don't see you complaining about that, and like I said, overpopulation is the problem, we're not going to go extinct because a few gay couples get married and don't have kids.

There is so much so clearly wrong with the arguments you have made, I ain't gonna sugar coat it.

If you don't want to around some one who disagrees with gay relationships you are more than welcome to try to take my life. However, I don't sit down and take it where the sun doesn't shine unlike ..... nevermind.

All I did was take your comments about "gays" and aimed them right back at you.

If I come off as a bit of an ass, bear in mind these are YOUR statements with the word "gay" replaced with "religious fundamentalist", so take a good look in the mirror there pal.

I should put it better, you should be legally obligated to inform your spouse of any disease that you have that can be passed on to your off spring before marriage. If the woman / man still wants to get married, then so be it. So in a way , i am in favor of selective reproduction.

Informing of disease is not a gay/straight issue, though. One can easily make that law and yet still allow homosexuals to marry.

I take it you're not tolerant of straight couples who get married but don't have children, then? Are you out campaigning against those, and those that marry and are unable to have children due to health issues?

Of course not. You are gay bashing in the guise of being concerned about health and reproduction.

Why are you so concerned about EVERYONE having children? Take a good look around, Earth is overpopulated, we could decrease our population by 99% and not be in any real danger of extinction, and get it into your head, gays cannot have children naturally whether they marry or not, so it is a non-issue.
edit on 7-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarjetman
Why don't u guys tell all your gay friends to their face how you feel about it?

I have, and he thinks no less of me, maybe because he is not flame gay, ya know, where you have a parade with wearing next to nothing in the most grotesque manner possible is pushed as acceptable in public because ya know...yer gay?

How bout we have a hetero pride parade and march down the street with our man parts thrusting indecently to some chick laid out inna black leather 3 piece with a ball gag all in the name of us bein straight?

See the point? And you would wonder why gay people are considered taboo and unaccepted by more conservative folk. Must be the sailors wearing matching assless chaps.....

Its ok to be gay, but like everything else in this world, it is not ok to be a jackass about it.

And if gay people really want to take part in a arcane pagan ceremony that binds them to each other for life just to join the idea of being normal and to escape the stigma of being considered different. So be it.

I think marriage is obsolete, as is minority groups spouting off to the heavens because someone has a different belief from you in the way they feel things should be. Freedom of speech goes both ways ya know.

So go ahead and get married and adopt a starving ethernopian from lagos and name him todd and teach him to be socially acceptable and tolerant of the beating he'll take from the school yard kids because he acts too sensitive to the needs of others.

Just as long as you pay taxes, I dont care what you call the sex it is your having.....thats more than I can say for the illegals.....they don't pay taxes.......and their kids weigh 50000 lbs because you cant seem to move them out of the country without a dump truck of paper work.

Ya....I went there.....
edit on 7-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
see, this whole gayness thing.--is wrapped up like this--

The Elitist/humanist/satinists- and they are really in control in high places--ARE ALL ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY!

What THEY want, is for them to have EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO HOMOSEXUALITY--

in other words, they want to have the right to rape each other as part of their sex-majik rituals--

but the profane are not to do so. In fact, the People are just supposed to be divided and conquered, we squabble over a GAY AGENDA, while the bandit sodomizing richie-evil controllers get their Kundulini off.........

sounds crazy, i know.

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Your post pretty well gives you away as the kind of 'Christian' a lot of people have come to expect. You continual condescending remarks towards ....Redneck....Nascar.... toothless etc. provides the audience here with a bit of direction you seem to take in defining people unlike yourself. Frankly, you need to stay in the blighted city you have created and leave us 'plumb dumb sure'nuf good 'ol boys alone so's we'uns cen get back ta doin what we'uns do best. And that is scoff and laugh at those who consider the 'South' a backwards gator ridden plantation life, Daisy Duke, Boss Hog environment. You all just keep thinking that, and keep it in your mind that you don't want to come anywhere near the south with it's toothless inbred, shine sippin hibleys. Please stay away and dont infect Paradise with your 'malcontent liberal city' attitudes and undesirable and immoral lifestyle practices. We here do close on Sunday, and Do go to church , and Do raise our own Children, and Do attend to others needs and charity. And Yea we are Black and White and Brown and Yellow and Red, and we care for each other. Life here is 'By and By' obviously something that exceedingly escapes your perceptions. But You might be too busy pigeonholeing everyone different than you to notice. LGBT people exist all over..... but it doesn't mean they are to be catered to, nor does it mean that they will be accepted wherever they go. We reserve the right to befriend people WE Choose to Befriend, not what a morally bankrupt society in some far off state dictates. I would never stray far from the South, and other than visiting or business, There's not much to entice me away from here. We have the freedom to pick and choose who we associate with, and that is America. So OP, I take issue with your attitude and remarks belittling others but ....... it's yours to have........

I live in Alabama... I speak from a certain sense of authority when I use remarks about toothless rednecks.

However, if you would rather avoid the enitre discussion and use attacks against my character as a way to somehow discredit the points made.

Amateur, bush-league... those are just some of the descriptions I have for this tactic.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
see, this whole gayness thing.--is wrapped up like this--

The Elitist/humanist/satinists- and they are really in control in high places--ARE ALL ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY!

What THEY want, is for them to have EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO HOMOSEXUALITY--

Are you kidding me? Do you think they give a damn if the "rights" are there or not? We already know that the elite breaks rules and do whatever they want, and their plans are much more than "homosexuality" they have more sinister plans...

I can't believe people actually think that the elite is "all about" homosexuality. They have much bigger plans then that, you need to wake up.

And even if the elite were for homosexuality, that doesn't make it evil. Is it guilty by association? Wow, you really are simple-minded..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Oh man, gay people just want to be treated as equals, the horror. Such an awful agenda....

People like the OP would have been saying the same thing about black people during the civil rights movement. HOW DARE THEY TRY TO FORCE DE-SEGREGATION ON US FOLKS!

Grow up.

You have no right to deny someone a secular marriage because you personally disagree with it. Religion has absolutely nothing to do with getting a marriage license.

Are you high? Seriously?
I didn't say ANYTHING about what they should or shouldn't have. I simply pointed out the double standard they use to justify actions.

I'm amazed at how quickly the gay rights "activist" crowd (I use the word activist because those of us that could care less about gay marriage don't "act" a fool about it) jump onto anything that puts a negative light on the LGBT community's actions as some kind of hate mongering.

Ridiculous - I would have wanted to deny black people rights? And when the hell did I say anything about who should and shouldn't get married?

I think you're jumping out there and trying to paint me in a light that makes it easier to dismiss a very obvious flaw in the logic and reasoning abilities of the "Gay Marriage" movement.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
There is no Middle in Equal Rights.

There is only Equal Rights.

So if all states, right now, offered marriage licesenses to gay or strait people - you'd be happy as pie and just a whistling dixie?

No more boogie men to kill, no more phantom bigots to attack?

or are there more "inequalities" that seem to constantly crop up to fight against?

Self licking ice-cream cone - you want a problem to fight against, therefore there is injustice that must be stamped out.... one key stroke at a time.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Question. When officials (mayors and what not) said chic fil a wasn't welcome are they activel trying to stop or remove chic fil a from their towns or is it more a symbolic "you aren't particularly welcomed by us?" I would assume it's more the latter and they won't be stopped from opening stores anywhere. Just politicians looking for support when the story dies they won't care and honestly probably already have chik fil a's in their cities.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntagma

I can't believe I've never looked at this issue in this manner. You are correct and technically, yes they have the same rights as all other humans.

P.S. - I like how you cover yourself with "to my knowledge" and "as far as I know." haha

Putting my personal beliefs aside, I can't see how gay marriage is an issue.

Two people getting married is really going to bring down the moral fabric of this country? Some say yes. And I say, how? Is it because of the acknowledgement of those relationships? Those same people will still be living together in a relationship, acting as a couple, having children, etc... regardless of the marriage aspect. It will still be on the television, in mainstream media, etc... regardless of the marriage aspect.

However, I can see that for the gay couple and any children they have, it benefits them. They can protect their assets, get health insurance, make health-related decisions, etc...

Let's be real here though, Chick-fil-a is a strong Christian-owned business and very open about it. I don't see how this is at all shocking and real news considering that information.

My big issue with them? WHY do they have to be closed on Sunday? It never fails that I always crave it on Sunday. Even Jesus healed on the Sabbath.

Thanks Syntagma. In think I agree with you. Since there are no longer any laws prohibiting homosexuality, marriage is sort of a pointless battle, I think. In my humble opinion, we should leave marriage to churches--it has always been a religious institution. Legally, any two people can form any legal contract they want. Shoot, if me and my brother or mom or the guy down the street want to sign some sort of contract stating we are going to share property in the same way married couples do, I'm sure we can arrange it--and that without being in any sort of a romantic relationship whatsoever. That's how I think the legal side of marriage should be handled.

And about them being closed on Sunday-you're certainly not the only one. Tim Hawkins wrote a whole song about that...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
If you truly believe that two people, who will love, covet and honour each other all their lives, who will make each other happy and support each other through the good and the bad, cannot recognise that bond in the manner they would wish because of the chromosomes they were born with, then you are mentally deficient.

Um? Do you then support unions between a man and his sister, or between an adult and an underaged child? How far can we carry this thought?

And I must add, if the criteria you listed for marriage were actually followed, we would have a lot fewer people getting hitched these days...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

no, dude. they want to control your rights, not theirs.

you obviously havent gone down the demon hole about sodomy and the occult rulers?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent

Um? Do you then support unions between a man and his sister, or between an adult and an underaged child? How far can we carry this thought?

If you understand why there are laws against intercourse between brother and sister, and adults and children, you will see why they should not be allowed to marry and it is not analogous to homosexual marriage at all.

Same goes for bestiality, which is usually the next place the anti-gay marriage crowd descends to.
edit on 7-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by StalkerSolent

I don't know why on earth you have brought paedophilia to this table..methinks I can sense diversionary tactics.

Plenty of the anti-gay marriage advocates state marriage is for a man and a woman and there is no disclaimer of *no minors or *no relatives, because its taken for granted that the parties involved in such debates aren't going to resort to silly comparisons.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join