It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimpanzee 'asks' zoo visitors to free him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I lived in a summer resort area out in the Poconos. So many people would adopt a pet for the summer then dump them off on the side of the road at the end of august. It's how I gain pets. I could never leave them like that.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I hate being human sometimes.

I don't have much to add.

If reincarnation exists, bring me back as something humble.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Look at all the poor, suffering... uh... thriving healthy creatures in spacious environments.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yeah that is so messed up. Most of my pets were just animals that adopted me. I had to turn so many animals over to the shelter though, I can only afford to take care of so many animals. Makes me sad. Way more pets mistreated, than animals in zoos for sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If we let all the animals in the zoo go the only thing that would happen is putting up an imaginary sign to poachers saying " Hey we let all the animals that are used to humans go, they most likely wont run but they may come to you. So please leave them be." hahah

Letting the animals go will only lead to a faster extinction of the species.

But lets all go for it anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just completed a mail in course for Chimp sign language and what he is actually saying is, "Just open the window, I promise I won't rip your face off."

Either that or, "Little Timmy is stuck in a well."

edit on 8/4/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Yeah, that was sad. You can definitely see his distraught in his eyes. He doesn't want to be there and the guy that mimics the poor little fellow is just heartless. The zoo probably doesn't have this animals best interests at heart from the sad look on his face. Looks like he's being abused and should be investigated.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Poor little guy

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Even if the chimp was pointing at the berries, the fact that those people interpreted it to be a cry for help and still mock it is heartless.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I hope none of the people who criticize zoos have pets. That would make you a bit of a hypocrite. Let your pets go and be free.

All the zoos I have been to treat animals very well, not that I been to a whole lot of them. If zoos are mistreating animals then lobby to shut it down, and have the animals transferred to a better one.
edit on Sat, 04 Aug 2012 20:47:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I actually agree with you on this. That's why I leave the gate to my yard open enough for them to leave. My animal friends can leave whenever they want... they just choose not to because: 1 I feed them, and 2 they enjoy human companionship.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

I never even had a fence

One of the many animals I had got hit by a car, but she was pretty old. It mighta been a suicide.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
yes i agree all animals like to be free, but people need to realize chimps ain't all that sweet.
check out this video of a pack hunt.
and they are after their cousins.

edit on 4-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't see this Chimpanzee much different than those of us awake on ats.
Please let me outta this cage!
edit on 4-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey whats the problem? This lil' Orangutun looks like he's enjoying his stay at the zoo.

edit on 4-8-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by GrisGris

He's using British sign language " please, biscuit" and pointing to the cookie close to the cage... Dumb tourist can't communicate with him.

Why are they dumb? Because they dont know sign laguage?
or was it because the chimp can see the food and point at it while the monkeys on the other side gawk and mimic... entirely clueless to reality

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Why do people just go for a walk in the countryside and appreciate native wildlife living free and unrestricted?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by GrisGris

He's using British sign language " please, biscuit" and pointing to the cookie close to the cage... Dumb tourist can't communicate with him.

Why are they dumb? Because they dont know sign laguage?

Hmm... the video was ruined to me by the inept tourist. The intelligent primate was pointing to the cookie or whatever on the ground, and wanting it in his hand.
edit on 5-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the chimp is clearly pointing at the orange berries on the floor.

he's hungry and motioning for food.

I thought the same actually. He points at the food then at the palm of his hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join