It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimpanzee 'asks' zoo visitors to free him

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
reply to post by Suspiria

I don't mean to be rude...
But I don't believe the reason most people are insinuating that zoos are "evil" because of how the pedestrians act while in them, or how the scenery looks.

Just food for thought.

Oh well I thought people here were just jumping to over emotional conclusions based on one idiotic viral video because they are too bone idle and full of their own over inflated guff to actually scratch a little deeper. If any actually gave a flying fornication about the girl they might dig a little deeper instead of just talking smack or jumping to the conclusion that she's abused daily.

This thread is about THAT chimp. Pardon me for staying on topic.

Whether I think zoo's are for good or naught doesn't matter. They exist. Many of these animals are born in captivity and cannot be released back in the wild ever. Debating the con's of what has already been done and in this chimps case cannot be reversed is pointless. Of course we could just put a bullet through all the animals heads, but really I'd rather them have a chance to live out their days somewhere where they are safe. She has human characteristics far beyond the rest of her family because she was hand reared by humans. Having human characteristics still doesn't give us the right to assume she is unhappy with her lot on the basis of one crappy video clip.

She has lived there all her life, since we are all assuming she is some poor little super brain chimp then she must know that what she's pointing at doesn't open ever, there are no locks on it never have been, it is not a door, or a sliding panel it is just a viewing platform. At one time there used to be a slight gap in it and stupid humans used to push twigs through. She wants to play pushing stuff through the gap with the stupid humans and obviously if there's the chance of a biscuit in it that's a bonus.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightInside

Well it's 7:40 PM Central Time and the high point to Lucy and Scruffy Brave Heart's day............the W.A.L.K.

Now we have a really big fenced in back yard (40' X 90') that they go out and run around in (with supervison) about 4-5 times a day or whenever they come get me and tell me they want to go out and play.

But, the highlight to their day is the walk, 1-1/2 miles.

Yes even the little 23 pound beasty boy marches along like a little bull dog, all macho while Lucy does her Princess Prance with her long legs).

Rain, snow, 100F heat, doesn't matter come around 7:40-8 PM and they start to get all excited, they are starting to get antsy now cause they know it's time to greet the world, trees to pee on, bushes with bunnies and moles Scruff got one the other day and we had to make him "drop the poor little mole" - but JaCairn's are little "ratters" anyway. I felt sorry for the mole, he ended it's poor little mole life so fast it was unbelievable.

Many of the animals in the zoo are safer then their wild counter parts, but not happy. Their instincts tell them they need to roam sometimes 50-100 miles a day. Many zoos cannot provide even half of the space these animals need to neurologically function normally.

And it's just not space, it's new smells, new animals, new sensations, cerebral stimulation.

Would you want to be in a human zoo? Watched every day, the same old same old everyday? You'd go nuts.

We should have more animals reserves.

And every child should be wanted, loved, cherished, have a warm soft bed, clean safe room, kisses, hugs and a full tummy.

All life is precious.

We live on such a beautiful planet, imagine no war, no hate, no violence, no enslavement of anyone or anything.

If only some of us weren't so greedy, ignorant and arrogant.

There is enough for everyone to have some but some want it all and some don't care or empathize enough.

We are stewards of this planet and so far not doing a good job of it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Ok, a bit of a lesson on the nature of the world. When herbivores, are allowed to go unchecked by carnivores, what happens is the plants get wiped out, and the herbivores starve to death. We may see it as cruel in our narrow mindedness, that some herbivores get their throats ripped out by the wolves. It serves a purpose though, the fastest and strongest survive to breed.

Everything serves a purpose, except maybe us humans at this point. We play god with the planet, and do way more harm than good.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

We live on such a beautiful planet, imagine no war, no hate, no violence, no enslavement of anyone or anything.

I am sorry, but this sounds like a zoo...animals living peaceably with each other, side by side...The chimp has no fear of predators, is not enslaved (i.e., needs to perform menial tasks) to receive food, and the people there treat the chimp with affection and caring.

Like I said earlier, you can sign my happy ass up RIGHT NOW!!! Three square meals a day, a place to sleep, safe from the environment and predators...HELL YEAH!!! BRING IT ON!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Sometimes I think that a zoo like place is the only way people will ever stop fighting. A section for this group of people, a section for that group of people.

Sad really

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join