It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimpanzee 'asks' zoo visitors to free him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I hope none of the people who criticize zoos have pets. That would make you a bit of a hypocrite. Let your pets go and be free.

All the zoos I have been to treat animals very well, not that I been to a whole lot of them. If zoos are mistreating animals then lobby to shut it down, and have the animals transferred to a better one.
edit on Sat, 04 Aug 2012 20:47:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Dogs have been living with humans for thousands of years mate. They are not caged. They are domesticated. have been selectively bred for a purpose. They were created. They are now wild animals.

I think most of you defending this kind of behavior havent experienced being locked up in the same place for years on end.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Snip

nice veiled racist rant, anything positive to add to the discussion?
edit on 4-8-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE. removed deleted quoted post.
edit on 8/4/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Very sad video, and the people in the video make me sick. I used to love zoos and going to the circus, but years ago I decided that they are wrong and I don't support them anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the chimp is clearly pointing at the orange berries on the floor.

he's hungry and motioning for food.

Either way the whole business of enslaving creatures stinks to high heaven!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Eriktheviking87
Yea he wants to be set free for now. Ask any African American if they want to be freed back to africa. probably wont see a big line for that trip back.

nice veiled racist rant, anything positive to add to the discussion?
edit on 4-8-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

i like black people, keep em here, the grass is always greener is what im saying

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by GrisGris
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

He's using British sign language " please, biscuit" and pointing to the cookie close to the cage... Dumb tourist can't communicate with him.

Why are they dumb? Because they dont know sign laguage?

I saw this a few days ago, the Chimpanzee is clearly pointing first at the biscuit/snack thingy...and then even at its own hand....to give him the biscuit.

The "sad" thing about this is...that the monkey is obviously more intelligent than the person on the video..and more intelligent than 75% of internet users who fabulate some stories and cannot see what the monkey actually "says".

When i saw this, i thought that a human being who wouldn't be able to speak couldn't do a better job at gesturing/communicating without language.

>>
He looked so sad and serious. I wonder what he meant when he pointed to the palm of his hand.
>>

Let me guess...he points to the biscuit (multiple times)..and then into the palm of its hand. What could it mean? Is it so hard to figure out?
edit on 4-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I dont know what video you are watching but thats a stone. how the hell did you get biscuit?? seriously...

and even if the chimp isnt asking to be set free the fact that there are people defending this type of barbarity is highly alarming. I suggest we put the whole bunch of you together in a fancy enclosure for 10 years and see who comes out alive.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eriktheviking87

Someone really had to go there, huh? Couldn't possibly resist.

Oh.. Fail.. Vile... May the mods smyte thee

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Very sad video, and the people in the video make me sick. I used to love zoos and going to the circus, but years ago I decided that they are wrong and I don't support them anymore.

How do you feel about Cirque Du Soleil? Survivor?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes I do have pets - all of them abandoned. Left on the roadside like a piece of discarded rubbish. Had I not taken them in and cared for them they would have perished - a long slow death of dehydration and starvation.

My pets have their freedom and they always come home after they have been outside. Zoos may indeed have dedicated carers who genuinely care for their animals but the animal has still been deprived of its freedom to live as nature intended.

I would have no pets if I knew animals could all live on the planet in harmony with our civilisations - but they can't because man thinks he has the right to destroy land and mine and ...do I need to continue to make my point?

I see your point but I pride myself on thinking as deeply as possible and that means looking at the big picture and all its dimensions - not just a single or multiple viewpoints.

Much Peace...to all animal lovers...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's amazing that they can understand and communicate through sign language, regardless of what he was signing. They're so intelligent.

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Someone really had to go there, huh? Couldn't possibly resist.

Oh.. Fail.. Vile... May the mods smyte thee

its not racist to say facts. i see all people as rational beings, how am i vile. i see everyone as equal. i sure as hell wouldnt want to live in africa, i would say dont make mountains out of mole hills but thats what this site is all about.

link   
Next you'll be telling me that Jack Hanna is Hitler.

Animals are our friends. Zoos can be like prisons if conditions aren't up to par, but it still benefits the species as we can learn more about them.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I guess I'm the odd ball. If living the horrible and brutal existence of having his meals made and served 3 times daily with a whole team to descend if he so much as gets a little cut from jumping around, I'm thinking he can take one for the team.

Seriously, life isn't THAT bad and nothing is out to eat him there. In exchange, letting people get to know more about them directly helps save the ones in the wild. Aren't most of these species at least 'threatened', in the wild? Education must help...and that's his way of paying his keep.

Humans already have a place where they are caged and served three meals a day. No need to work, no rent to worry about and free medical care.

It's called prison.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Good on you, my ex cat wondered into my yard in the middle of a week long blizzard, almost was starved to death. Retards from the city often go to the country to dump off unwanted animals, I seen it with my own eyes many times.

While zoos may seem cruel, they do a lot of good as far as science goes.
edit on Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:13:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You're kidding?

Yea he wants to be set free for now. Ask any African American if they want to be freed back to africa. probably wont see a big line for that trip back.

What context was I getting wrong...and noting I apparently wasn't alone? If there was a GOOD way of reading that, I'm sure curious.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

I guess I'm the odd ball. If living the horrible and brutal existence of having his meals made and served 3 times daily with a whole team to descend if he so much as gets a little cut from jumping around, I'm thinking he can take one for the team.

Seriously, life isn't THAT bad and nothing is out to eat him there. In exchange, letting people get to know more about them directly helps save the ones in the wild. Aren't most of these species at least 'threatened', in the wild? Education must help...and that's his way of paying his keep.

Humans already have a place where they are caged and served three meals a day. No need to work, no rent to worry about and free medical care.

It's called prison.

LOL Oh my you made my day. A F'ing monkey isnt ever going to pay rent or have a job to support a family. THEY ARE ANIMALS!!! I love animals more than people in most cases and would probably go Driver on someones face if I saw them abusing an animal. zoos and habitats are there for the animals best interest.

They are raised in controlled environments, no predator or prey instincts are developed. Wild animals that are captured are often returned to the wild after they are determined not to be a health hazard.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You're kidding?

What context was I getting wrong...and noting I apparently wasn't alone? If there was a GOOD way of reading that, I'm sure curious.

I don't know I guess, i don't see anything wrong with what I said. Im just not a sensitive p**&^y. I guess a better analogy would be a child that wants to be free from the parents but realizes it sucks to have to deal with the real world on your own (in non abusive situations, because I know someone would bring that up).

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Poor old gent just wants out. I feel for you friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This is why I do not go to zoos or aquariums.

I think humanity should move beyond the barbarism of captivity,

I get the need for preserves in natural habitats and insemination, etc. to prevent extinction but out-right captivity is archaic and cruel.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join