It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Joke Front Man Missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Killing Joke Front Man Missing

www.nodeju.com

For the past two weeks, the prolific singer has been missing and no one knows where he is or what happened to him.

The band has made a plea to anyone who knows anything about their front man, to come forth and let them know.

“We are all concerned about our missing singer’s welfare,” one of the band members expressed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Killing Joke have long been one of my favorite bands and Jaz Coleman has a history of running off to strange locales for unorthodox reasons. However, he does have a family and his band mates are usually in the know about his whereabouts.
I'd hate to think anything has happened to him - he does write caustic, politically-driven lyrics.
Let's hope he's alright and just ran off to hang out in woods for a bit to commune with the spirits.

www.nodeju.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Damn man, just today listened to Killing Joke. It wouldn't surprise me if he was kidnapped (considering his lyrics). I saw them live a few months ago, amazing live band..

I seriously hope he's OK, since it would such a loss for culture.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

He sent me a message, he said "80's! I'm livin' the 80's." I am betting that is where they will find him.

Edit: If something's happened to him I will feel bad because I did like his band. I just couldn't resist.
edit on 2-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Jaz would appreciate your wry sense of humor.
I haven't listened to any of their old stuff in quite a while.
I got to see them in DC back in '04 or '05 and Dave Grohl was standing behind me in the aludience.
Killing Joke survived losing Raven but wouldn't survive losing Jaz (or Geordie for that matter).
I'm not a big fan of their last 3 albums but it would still be a great loss for the music world if he were gone.

Funny how everyone in Europe knows who they are but not very many people know them here in the US.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
For all of you youngster's out there He's going a little Robert Smith tribute with his look

edit on 2-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Nirvana made a fortune with the riff.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"Killing Joke, and Coleman, have a history of unusual behaviour. In February 1982, fearing a coming apocalypse, Coleman fled to Iceland to become a classical composer, soon followed by two other members. They returned when the apocalypse did not ensue."

Maybe he took off again fearing the 2012 apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thank God he sounds nothing like Robert Smith.
i
That would make a ridiculous juxtaposition over KJ's music.
I'm trying to imagine what it would sound like with Smith singing Asteroid.

Yeah, pretty ludicrous I'd say!

Wait a minute! That's Crak playing bass!
edit on 2-8-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Nirvana made a fortune with the riff.

Which was originally nicked from the Damned - Life goes on lol:

--

On topic: Hope he turns up safe. Maybe he's just done an Ozzy?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Killing Joke are a great band - seen them live a couple of times and I was due to see them again in September at Newcastle where they were scheduled to 'support' The Cult and The Mission.

Jaz is a true legend and an amazingly talented individual and he's never shy in expressing his views and beliefs.

Hope he turns up fit and healthy soon.

Here's my two fave Killing Joke songs.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
"Killing Joke, and Coleman, have a history of unusual behaviour. In February 1982, fearing a coming apocalypse, Coleman fled to Iceland to become a classical composer, soon followed by two other members. They returned when the apocalypse did not ensue."

Maybe he took off again fearing the 2012 apocalypse.

That or

Killing Joke Singer Goes Missing After Bashing Tourmates the Cult in Facebook Post

“It gives me great pleasure to announce the cancellation of the upcoming gigs with The Cult and The Mission. Frankly, playing at a gig with The Cult never appealed to me in the first place. Gatherers [Killing Joke fans] would only get to listen to a one-hour set.
Source

Goes on to mention that The Cult charges fans $200.00 to meet them!

" Killing Joke - Money is not our god "

Killing Joke removed the FB post, putting one up in concern of his status.

Hopefully he's alright... just hiding it out!

edit on 2-8-2012 by dreamingawake because: vid

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Great picks.
I'd have to add the Pandy's. Tension and Madness.
and Money is not our God.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

All great tunes.

Pssyche is just a great song - the first Killing Joke 45rpm I bought was Wardance back in 1980 when I was about 14 years old.
Thought it was great - then I played the flip side, Pssyche, and was just blown away by the ferocity and the lyrics etc - followed Killing Joke ever since.

Around about the time they released Empire Song and Revelations in '82 I saw them for the first time at York University - great times.

Hopefully Jaz will just be doing another 'Iceland' thing or something similar.

Must admit that Pandys is a bit of a favourite as well - so why not, any excuse to listen to it.

Killing Joke's last few albums are seriously underrated and are well worth a listen.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Damn, that song is pretty badass, and yeah would sound ridiculous with Robert Smith.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Beat me too it in regards the The Damned..

on topic
I like a lot of their stuff, their album in like 06 was pretty good, hope the guy has just gone on a bender/binge of sorts.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Taggart because: edit

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I doubt the government killed him off. He is getting older so perhaps he ran off to some locale, got sick and died? Or perhaps he is just got irritated by the Cult tour. He did badmouth the bands not too long ago. It's in his nature to pull stuff like this you know.
edit on 2-8-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ironically, Dave Grohl played some drums on their 2003 album, which is VERY underrated (their second self-titled album). Jaz is a true original, hope he's ok. one of the most overlooked bands of all time...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by oleus

Grohl played all the drums on that album.
It was supposed to have Danny Carey from Tool and the drummer from System of a Down playing on it as well but Grohl did such a bangup job they never called in the other guys.
That album is great! They seemed to have the old fire that I haven't heard on other albums since Extremities.

I find it hard to believe they have even considered touring with those other bands.
KJ should be headliners anywhere they go.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Been a big fan of the Joke for over 30 years. Saw them earlier this year and was contemplating going to see them on the Mission/Cult tour but have no love for the other bands, absolutely ridiculous they were third on the bill. This is not untypical Jaz, hopefully he'll turn up somewhere in a few days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join