It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

How do you do this with a straight face

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

I didnt say they believe in the bible, but if they believe in GOD then what kind of GOD is it that will turn his back on his own children? only humans are capable of that.

wow, didint say they all do but we are talking about marriage here right, and i was refering to OP's original post since she wants to stay on topic.

She's not a Christian - Christianity didn't factor into the OP at all. Attacking Christianity just puts Muslims to sleep - they haven't got anything to defend in that battle.

First off where did Esau and Jacob come from? was Esau gay?

Don't know, don't care - on either question. Neither of those questions affects whether or not there was an inequality there, in refutation of your contention that the God of the Bible somewhere said all are equal.

I am not Christian i was baptized as a catholic, but i dont follow any corporation, and the church including the Vatican is a corporation. Only 4 commandments because they are tecghnically one to me, don't steal and thats it, that means dont kill (stealing someone elses life), well any form of evil is technically stealing something from someone, so lets just say 1 then.

If you know so little about Christianity, how to you expect to make any headway in attacking it? First rule of warfare is to know your enemy.

That really ought to be the second rule.The first should be "correctly identify who your enemy is." If you're trying to argue in favor of same sex marriage, you really ought to be making arguments within a legal framework, rather than a religious one. Attacking the religious isn't going to win you any favors from them in the voting booth.

But do as you will - you're not hurting ME by it.

edit on 29-7-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Imjustthe4th

Oh I am definitely smiling!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

To help average and unattractive guys have a chance at finding love. If bigamy was legal, people like Arnold Schwarzenegger would snap them all up and other guys wouldn't have a chance to find one of his own.

IMO.

edit on 29-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Cousins marry all the time! I do not see anything wrong with that!

Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa

The cards, it seemed, were stacked against poor Henri from the very moment of his conception, despite — or perhaps because of — his noble birth. Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa was born in the town of Albi in the French region of the Midi-Pyrénées on November 24, 1864. As was common in so many aristocratic French families, his parents, the Count Alphonse and the Countess Adèle de Toulouse-Lautrec, were first cousins... and their consanguinity likely contributed to their young son’s congenital condition. www.doctorsreview.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wow, you know how to push buttons.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Cousins marry all the time! I do not see anything wrong with that!

It's legal in some states, and not others. You'll find people thinking it's illegal and not allowed, because it's illegal in their state, not realizing that it is legal elsewhere.

I don't think it's a very good idea, because then you wind up with people like me, whose family trees look more like telephone poles.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Your trying hard I give you that!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You are good!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

And you have had a couple drinks!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Italians are alowd to marry their cousins, and some other cultures, i forgot, oh and it was proven that genetics dont pass from generation to generation its all about the influence throughout the first 6 years of the childs life.

Genetic don't pass from generation to generation?

Where doe we get our genes from, then? The air we breathe in the first 6 years?

edit on 2012/7/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2012/7/29 by nenothtu because: had to fix a broken smiley. Twice.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In the United States, all religions are considered equal. People are allowed to practice whatever religion they want to practice as long as it doesn't harm anyone, and they're allowed to practice no religion at all. We are not a theocracy.
That being the case, any religious consideration of any kind involving marriage has no stand in the debate either for it or against it. It is a governmental contract that soe religions agree with and others do not, but they have no bearing on the legality of it in any way whatsoever.

So, on the legal basis, all citizens are considered equal. Marriage is the contractual agreement between two consenting adults to share their life, their possessions and their incomes. That being the case, it should not matter what the gender of the two consenting adults happens to be. If they agree to the stipulations set forth by the legal definition of marriage and the rights and responsibilities associated with them, then they are married.

Case closed.

As far as polygamy goes, if all the adults involved are ok with it, go for it, it doesn't affect me and if they can support themselves and each other, let them have at it. If they wish to partake in any benefits such as insurance, social security or other legal issues, they will have to fork over the premiums to have a third person included. They shouldn't get automatic coverage, but if they wish to pay for the third or fourth or whatever person, fine, let them. Not really much different from a married couple having one child as opposed to having seven children, if they pay the premium, fine. If something happens to the parent, the benefits from that parent are shared equally with the offspring. As long as there is equal division instead of compounding benefits, fine by me.

There must remain an age limit as children are not capable of making decisions involving the rest of their life. I wouldn't be opposed to raising the legal age for marriage to 21 (make sure it's the legal age for drinking AND the legal age for the draft, they shouldn't be drafted if they're not old enough to drink). Our extended life spans suggest we need to re-evaluate age limits. If they are still considered children until they're 21, that also influences ore to go to college, in fact, make college a requirement just as High school is, at least a community college with the outcoe of an associates degree. Don't allow dropouts, instead, set up alternatives such as online schooling, evening schools, or other options that have the same criteria but different hours and ways of eeting those criteria.

Unfortunately, teenagers are still going to have sex, they are still going to experiment, so we need to find a safer way for the to do that. Condoms need to be worn fo prevent STD's and pregnancy. There should also be some required medical proceedure to prevent pregnancy all together until a tie where it would be acceptable. You have to get a license to get arried, get a licence to have a baby. The preventative medical proceedure can be reversed when you get your reproduction license and put bak into place before you leave the hospital with your baby.

Oulaw divorce. It should not be an option in today's marriages. If the marriage cermony says "till death do us part", that's what it means. If they want to break that marriage vow, fine, they can have the death penalty, but it would be there own choice.

Compensations and considerations cannot kept being made for certain circmstances while ignoring others.
There is no such thing as "separate but equal", the separation causes the inequality. This is social interaction, not mathematics. Unless we treat all citizens with the same dignity and respect as any other citizen, we are not lving up to our calling . If all men(and women) are created equal, then they need to be treated as equal.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

To help average and unattractive guys have a chance at finding love. If bigamy was legal, people like Arnold Schwarzenegger would snap them all up and other guys wouldn't have a chance to find one of his own.

IMO.

There is Bigamy - Polygamy - Polyandry - Polygyny - Trigamy - Polyamory.

Polyamory is group marriage which is on the rise.

Other then your own insecurity - - - I see no real logical reason against multiple marriage.

link   

Italians are alowd to marry their cousins, and some other cultures, i forgot, oh and it was proven that genetics dont pass from generation to generation its all about the influence throughout the first 6 years of the childs life.

Please kids, stay in school and pay attention in your biology class.

edit on 29-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Give me one real logical reason why multiple spouses should be illegal.

because it leaves a smaller availability pool for us ugly guys...

Seriously - I can't think of a real reason, as long as everyone is being supported and all of the spouses are ok with the arrangement. If all of those conditions are met, it really ain't any of the government's business.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I never stop at two

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

lol... I would say you are on #4 and counting!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Stand down, man. Back off slowly, Lothario - she's spoken for.

edit on 2012/7/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You see, you're assuming things based on your own bigotry.

I have not stated an opinion for or against bigamy, yet you just assume that I did and have already started bashing me for it because I just MIGHT disagree with you on something.

You really need to learn more tolerance.

I guess you can't help yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Odd isn't it? That those who are asking us to be tolerant are the most intolerant of all?!?

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join