It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

that guy is an idiot

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Lol....I thunk if you are having a garage sell on the middle of your driveway, you would lose some of the private rights considering you have a "COME HERE " sign telling people to freely walk up on your property....

Technically this was a yard sale also....thumbs down for OP screwing that up

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It is a public yard sale! When you have a yard sale, your inviting the public to come on your property. This could also be looked at, as a form of discrimination. I am normally pulling for the little guy, not this time!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My hilarity at this stems from the fact that half of America cries about gun rights, then panics as soon as they see one.

Make up your f***ing minds.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, I feel bad for the cops in this situation. They didn't stand a chance, it seems to me that the hateful women had her plan before the cops even got out of their cars. I think that no matter how they (the cops) had proceeded, the woman would have found some fault.

People like this woman reflect poorly on those of us who believe in maintaining our rights WITHOUT acting like jerks. She had a confrontational attitude from the first word out of her mouth, and people like her make the rest of us look bad.

Those police officers were just trying to do their jobs, pay their bills, support their families. That woman seriously got on my nerves, she could have expressed her concerns in an entirely different fashion. I can't blame the one cop for getting irritated. She was obnoxious, and it sounded like they had either heard of her before, or even interacted with her before.

Those poor guys probably drew the short straw when they were trying to decide who would respond to the call.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by James1982

It depends on your state what is and isn't legal. In MY particular state you need a Firearms Purchaser ID card. In addition to that the flash guard & bayo lug on the airsoft would magically turn it into an evil "Assault Weapon" were it an actual firearm. That standard magazine that holds more than 15 rounds? same thing...Jail.

Here if you walked up to a sale, didn't have an FID card and simply picked up a rifle...congrats, you've just committed a crime of the fourth degree.

Also, you don't know the history of the people having the sale, apparently that particular officer has been there several times. If it was on a DV, they can't have firearms, convicted felon? same thing.

If it's in a state where this type of thing is the norm (selling firearms at a yard sale) and the officer wasn't in his right, then it might be an issue. There's too many variables unknown to tell.

That is a violation of your god given inalienable pre constitutional rights. How can anyone think that crap is ok?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

These people, while rambling on about their private property and rights wasted our tax payer money, plain and simple. Attention hoars.

whoever called wasted the cops time.

and there is no "private property" if the cops have probable cause to enter the so called "private property".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
My hilarity at this stems from the fact that half of America cries about gun rights, then panics as soon as they see one.

Make up your f***ing minds.

Automatic weapons like the m4 you see on the left, is still illegal if owned by a civilian - you can own a gun, but you can't own an assault rifle like the m4 for instance.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Its up to citizens to stand up and not comply with any illegal permits that are unconstitutional. Government legislation is not law, and much of it is not only illegal, but a break of the contract of TRUST, that hiring government employees is, a trust agreement much like a mechanic, who is entrusted to be paid to not damage your vehicle, but repair it. We don't hire thugs to take away our sovereign or constitutional rights.

I would not pay for any such illegal permit.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Alright bro, can I have your address? I'm gonna call the cops and tell them your selling m4's out of your basement. They're just gonna take a few hours to rip your house apart. Just doing their job after all since one person called and complained.

I'm sure you'll let them right in right? No search warrant or anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This woman is #ing dumb and probably called the police so she could video this. Isn't a yard sale open to the public?? Another stupid citizen looking for attention.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by surfnow

lol yeah he definitely is..there was no need for that.
edit on 5-7-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: typo

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

Are you and half the other people here completely and utterly thick? They are having a yard sale so effectively inviting anyone onto the property. The cops didn't "take a few hours to rip [her] house apart" and they didn't need a search warrant as the yard sale is open to the public!
It was clearly baiting for a reaction and morons like this do nothing for their 'cause' and anyone that suckers this up as some sort of evidence of bad policing seriously needs their head examining. Seriously, how can anyone watch this and see it as anything other that some stupid woman trying to prove a point in a completely dumb and inappropriate way? THICK THICK THICK!

Time for you and some of the others in this thread to put their hat on...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
reply to post by Ben81

While I fully agree that cops need to follow the proper procedure for searching on private property, I do not feel that this case qualifies...

having a yard sale is inviting strangers onto your property, including police officers.
would it have been different if it was a cop that jut wanted to see what was for sale while on his lunch break?
or a cop that was off duty browsing the goods?

you can't invite everyone onto your property(which you do when you have a yard sale) and then bitch when one group of people come and look at your stuff.
the police obliged the woman when it was requested they get off their property, but for her to insist on following up with a complaint is BS in my opinion...

What do you mean I can't bitch when one group of people come and look at my stuff? It's my property and I can invite and exclude anyone I feel, including a police officer on his lunch break seeing what I had for sale. If I wanted I could say only naked people can come on my property. If you don't like my rules, don't come on my property. Some places enforce dress codes to enter, some places don't allow children, some places don't allow smoking...etc...if you don't like it the "rules" don't go. Just because you're a police officer doesn't mean you're excluded. I remember reading an article where the owner of a coffee shop wouldn't allow a police officer to buy coffee and sit in the shop. They told the officer they don't feel comfortable with police and asked him to leave. He did...

Just because I allow the public to come to my garage sale doesn't mean I give up my property rights or my decision to allow or deny access to my property to certain individuals. Do you think just because the places I mentioned above allow public access, that the rules they made are out the window? So if the restaurant that requires a suit and tie allows public access, and I come in wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt, should I expect to get the same service?? They wouldn't let me through the front door. Their property their rules...same should apply to any property owner. Unless I'm completely mistaken, someone please correct me.
edit on 5-7-2012 by HarbingerOfDoom because: edit

edit on 5-7-2012 by HarbingerOfDoom because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm fairly sure that when you hold a garage sale, its technically considered a small store so the area where the sale is being held becomes open to everyone. So the cop had free rein to walk around the sale area, I only know this because certain cities have restrictions on how many garage sales you can have, before you must consider yourself as a tax paying business.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HarbingerOfDoom

It's a garage sale where most items are in plain sight, including an object that looked like an AK 47. The cop had a complete right to inspect what is in plain sight. Its just like if you had a bong on a table that you could see from the outside, a cop could legally come in and investigate.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Regardless of wherever or not it's legal to exclude/include any specific person or groups of people from a yard sale, if you have a bunch of weapons that look realistic and illegal from a distance on display I'd be pretty worried if the cops didn't want to have a look.
I expect the same people would complain if some local nutter had a machine gun on display in his window and one day used to it shoot up the neighborhood, of course the police couldn't do anything because it was on private property...
And aren't there some sort of reasonable cause/suspicion laws in the US? Common sense would suggest that the sight of what appear to be weapons in plain sight would warrant a quick inspection..

It's seriously sad how lacking in common sense and intelligence some people are...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarbingerOfDoom

Originally posted by kalisdad
reply to post by Ben81

While I fully agree that cops need to follow the proper procedure for searching on private property, I do not feel that this case qualifies...

having a yard sale is inviting strangers onto your property, including police officers.
would it have been different if it was a cop that jut wanted to see what was for sale while on his lunch break?
or a cop that was off duty browsing the goods?

you can't invite everyone onto your property(which you do when you have a yard sale) and then bitch when one group of people come and look at your stuff.
the police obliged the woman when it was requested they get off their property, but for her to insist on following up with a complaint is BS in my opinion...

What do you mean I can't bitch when one group of people come and look at my stuff? It's my property and I can invite and exclude anyone I feel, including a police officer on his lunch break seeing what I had for sale. If I wanted I could say only naked people can come on my property. If you don't like my rules, don't come on my property. Some places enforce dress codes to enter, some place don't allow children, some places don't allow smoking...etc...if you don't like it the "rules" don't go. Just because your a police officer doesn't mean your excluded. I remember reading an article where the owner of a coffee shop wouldn't allow a police officer to buy coffee and sit in the shop. They told the officer they don't feel comfortable with police and asked him to leave. He did...

buti i bet 1000$ you dont think the airlines should be able to let anyone they choose on there plane right?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Sek82

If they had probable cause, a search warrant would be easy to obtain.

They had no warrant, so they had no right.

And cmon, as if ANYONE would sell an actual M4A1 out in the open in a garage sale?

Law enforcement does not need a warrant to search or seize evidence that is "in plain view" if the officer has a right to be where the evidence is first spotted along with reasonable suspicion a crime may be in progress. Since it was visible from the sidewalk, they had the right to investigate further without a warrant.

It's clear to me this was a case of trolling for police response. Carry on with your police bashing, I'm walking away from this one as well.

If that's the case, and they don't need a warrant to search, then these cops didn't do their job did they? If thats the case, then they need to take additional training so they know how to do their jobs, after all, any mistake on the job can get them killed. But I will say they did a good job of NOT escalating the situation. Hooray for passive police!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Actually if you don't want someone on your property you have the right to remove them from the property. the cops weren't there to look at the goods. They were there because they recieved an anonymous call, read my above post.

So please go ahead and post your personal info so I can tell the cops about illegal activity going on in your house. Because according to your logic cops should just be able to roll right in. That picture you posted, is that last years school pic of you? Because you have the logic of a simpleminded 9 year old naive to the world around him.

And the retard award goes to..... YOU!! Congrats man
edit on 5-7-2012 by Quoop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join