It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Fully Loaded F22's heading out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So with out disclosing too much of my location/personal information (tho I'm sure "they" already know) 3 Fully loaded F22 Raptors were headed to the coast in the Great NW, USA about an hour ago. Where I live I'm use to seeing Jet fighters head out for training over the ocean, but NEVER fully loaded.. Really made me shake in my boots a little bit..

Any one else seeing this where you live?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

Live firing exercise maybe? The RAF does it all of the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
fully loaded that should be around 700 nmiles -- so around 380nm there and 380 nm back (it takes less fuel unloaded) and you have head and tail winds that could change the range too. humm, I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Um air to air refuel..........could be going anywhere!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well unless we are secretly going to war with Canada or attacking Siberia I don't see anything more plausible then the live fire exercise. It would be utterly pointless and reckless to fly fighters over the ocean to go to places where there is trouble ie. the Syria or Afghanistan. There are air craft carriers in closer vicinity. So in all all I would say either live fire exercise or maybe a rogue plane that isn't responding.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OHM MY GOD RUN FOR THE HILLS!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How about 40 AH-64's loaded up with Hell Fires all parked on the airfield.

Done within the past 48hours.

Am i enjoying my 4 day.

Not so much!!!!!

Oh btw those are configured to be operated here! In America!

Live fire exercise with Hell Fire's........ I think not.

The # is about to hit the fan.

Good luck folks, and gods speed to you all.
edit on 29-6-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

what ever they are going after should be heading for the hills / caves - those things are really Awesome. and imagine the stuff that is 50 years advanced from the F22 ... thats what is out in desert ...
edit on 29-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Dont forget the F22 has had a lot of problems recently so they are probably just giving the aircratf a test run over different terrain, they have to be tested some where.

Hopefully this is a good sign that the aircraft is on the right track to being fixed and fully operational

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Why are those apaches configured to operate here? What does that mean?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If they are carrying external stores I doubt they are up to anything surprising.

External stores ruin the stealth.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I thought the F22 carried most weapons internally? What weapons were visible?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Can you explain on you tell the difference between live ammunition and the mock ups put on for training? I worked on a USAF flight line for 6 years and I wouldn't be able to tell from the ground. Even if it was live ammunition, it is most likely for live fire training.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm about 20 miles away from NATO HQ

No activity here whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Umm yea ok. And what exactly is the # about to hit the fan in America? Please elaborate?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Thats because there is

nothing............. to report.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I cannot say this was or was not a "live fire" because I don't know, nor have I tried to "seek any info" on the matter other then here..

However, I know most F22s when in long flight have the two tanks on each wing, but these boys were loaded up with lots of bit "torpedo" looking things all along the belly. By the time I could grab something to get a closer look the last one had just flown over top of me, I could see the regular tanks plus.. maybe 5 or 6 extras.. was crazy, really wish I could have gotten a pic. Live fire or not was a trip to see.. and again, been here for years, seen this for years, and have NEVER seen them loaded like this...

My only other hypothesis is, maybe were at a heightened alert, not publicly obviously but within the Gov.? Tho if that was the case some of my buddies would be talking to me... who knows

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Oh btw those are configured to be operated here! In America!

And how do you know they are configured to be operated in the USA?

And how do you learn about your hellfire missile if you don't actually practice with the ammo you will have in a conflict.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The USA's enemies do not need to invest vast sums of money into spy satellite eqipment. They only need to log into ATS and read the American people giving all the troop movements away.

Remember loose lips sink ships.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

The Russians violated US Airspace in Alaska just a few days ago, and they have ongoing exercises in the area. Perhaps they're probing again and we want a real-world test of our F-22 against them? Probably won't turn into anything, but these little showdowns are very educational for the pilots and for the hardware.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join