It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows butchered while still ALIVE. Our inhumane slaughterhouses.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I came across this horrific information while surfing the web.

Please take a look at the link yourself for more information:

LINK

Basically it appears that inspite of laws passed to ensure humane slaughter of cows, pigs etc in slaughterhouses, many are being butchered and cut up; or boiled (hogs), while still ALIVE.

Please please spread this info around - say onto youtube, facebook, etc if you care about the well-being of animals. People just have no idea where their meat comes from and what happens to the animal before it gets to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This makes me sad. But nothing will be done about it which is even more sad... I have lost count on how many times I have had to ask this but what the hell is wrong with people?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
I came across this horrific information while surfing the web.

Please take a look at the link yourself for more information:

LINK

Basically it appears that inspite of laws passed to ensure humane slaughter of cows, pigs etc in slaughterhouses, many are being butchered and cut up; or boiled (hogs), while still ALIVE.

Please please spread this info around - say onto youtube, facebook, etc if you care about the well-being of animals. People just have no idea where their meat comes from and what happens to the animal before it gets to them.

Yeah... that's pretty cruel. I was just thinking today, "Would we eat cows if they could speak English?"

Some people just see livestock as a commodity, and not the animal behind the eyes. If we are to cause that much pain and suffering, does it not come back full circle? Maybe not... but still, boiling hogs and butchering cattle while still alive. Disgusting
edit on 29-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: aa

The source says... Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on April, 11, 2001 by Joby Warrick, I wonder what came of all this... with these particular cases outlined in the article...

Some inspectors see little evidence the agency is interested in hearing about problems. Under the new inspection system, the USDA stopped tracking the number of violations and dropped all mention of humane slaughter from its list of rotating tasks for inspectors.

edit on 29-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: aa

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I met guys who were former "knockers", and they all said the same thing....
"Oh man, I loved it!"

I don't get it at all. I get made fun of for being squeamish for gutting a worm on a fishing hook.
I know people who are good folks, yet at the same time they'd skull crush any small woodland creature they come across. I just don't get it, I get no satisfaction from the killing of life.

Let's just forget about this story in 25 minutes. I had hamburgers before, they were tasty.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If the animals not dead before the slaughter, it will be shortly.... They might suffer for like a minute, they are much appreciated by my B e l l y

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

i don't even think "stunning" them before they slaughter them is humane. i don't think there is any humane way AT ALL. it's brutal. the people who work in those places are so numb to it all they don't care about the animals. it doesn't suprise me at all that some would be chopped into while still alive. i mean, i've seen slaughter house videos. it's all horrible.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

People just have no idea where their meat comes from and what happens to the animal before it gets to them.

If you think that's true than you're naive.Everyone may not know but I can guarentee you more do than don't.

It's sad,but really what does it matter? These animals are going to die either way to become food.And you're really not posting any new information here...pretty sure what goes on in slaughter houses is common knowledge.And before anyone jumps down my throat(im looking at you,vegans) NO I don't think it's right that animals should have to suffer before they die.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
they are much appreciated by my B e l l y

Mine too, but it's ridiculous to have to go through all that trouble for a food we don't really need anymore.
Maybe in the past 400 years animals like cows and chickens were necessary for survival, especially in the Winters. We are beyond those days at this point.

We are so far more intelligent now. We could be eating each others' faces, and we aren't even aware of that possibility yet..... except for a small few.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

i don't even think "stunning" them before they slaughter them is humane. i don't think there is any humane way AT ALL. it's brutal. the people who work in those places are so numb to it all they don't care about the animals. it doesn't suprise me at all that some would be chopped into while still alive. i mean, i've seen slaughter house videos. it's all horrible.

People are going to eat regardless... this is nature, and we are animals. If you don't like how it works... well, I suggest building a bridge and getting over it. There are plenty of humane ways, it's called a .45 and a good shot.

So, if you claim "I don't think there is any humane way AT ALL", are we supposed to not eat meat?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I hate seeing this because it is terribly sad. I am a meat eater and when I am aware that a company abuses it's animals, I boycott them and any product affiliated with them.

While I do consume meat, the idea that these animals are being so mistreated sickens me and I agree with the poster that said many know about this. They do know. I know. Some of us boycott the companies while others aren't really bothered by it.

Just because an animal is bred for consumption it doesn't mean it's life should be filled with pain and abuse. That's just MHO.
edit on 6/29/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

they are much appreciated by my B e l l y

Mine too, but it's ridiculous to have to go through all that trouble for a food we don't really need anymore.
Maybe in the past 400 years animals like cows and chickens were necessary for survival, especially in the Winters. We are beyond those days at this point.

We are so far more intelligent now. We could be eating each others' faces, and we aren't even aware of that possibility yet..... except for a small few.

Thats true, i could live without chicken n steak. As long as i have seafood, like fish,lobster, crab, oysters.. I think all meat should be produced the way kobe is, pampered since birth.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

How long do you think a cow lives after it has been slaughtered?

Hint, it dies really quickly.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
How would you like to be boiled alive?
Or have your feet cut off, Alive as well?

Probably wouldn't like it at all would you.

Their are more humane ways!

Compressed air rams rods have been used for many years. Like a bullet to the brain, but reusable and cheaper.
Are slaughter houses too broke to invest in some compressed air tanks and pneumatic rams to simulate a more humane way of offing a cattle or pig? To cheap to actually kill a beef before it is chopped up limb by limb?

I don't care what animal it is, or what it is used for! The ways some of these animals are living, then being killed is literally torture. And if you cant see that, I would ask you lock yourself in a 5x5 pen in your own sh*t for a year, ask one of your friends to cut your arm off, or stick your face in boiling water. You might understand then. It isn't only humans that feel pain! Pain is pain!

The least we could do is make it quick for them. Am I not right?
Isn't that what you would want to be done for you if you had to be killed?
Or would you accept the fact that slaughter houses want to save money over being more humane, so they will kill you slowly?

edit on 29-6-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
For all the people who say they taste good, etc etc the usual rhetoric I say...

If you had to slaughter your own animal, there would be far less slaughter.

There may be worse, but less. When it stops being a commodity and start being an animal you have to slaughter, treat, prepare and only then starts to look like a steak.. You'd all be eating weetbix.

This is how we've evolved. We no longer think of the animal as an animal, but a product.

"Feels good in my belly" is far removed from "The smell of blood and intestines in my nostrils."

I wish we had to do it this way. Mass production of meat products has made us the most barbaric of all animals.

One day, it will all be back to basics.. and I wonder how many people will starve..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

People just have no idea where their meat comes from and what happens to the animal before it gets to them.

If you think that's true than you're naive.Everyone may not know but I can guarentee you more do than don't.

It's sad,but really what does it matter? These animals are going to die either way to become food.And you're really not posting any new information here...pretty sure what goes on in slaughter houses is common knowledge.And before anyone jumps down my throat(im looking at you,vegans) NO I don't think it's right that animals should have to suffer before they die.

not gonna jump down your throat. it makes me sad to think people don't care, so i prefer to think they just don't realise the extent of it yet, and if they saw it they would say, stop eating a certain type of meat until it was fixed or pressure the govt or something.

so i post stuff incase some people dont realise the extent yet and might be moved to do something about it once they see it.

why it matters is that too much cruelty on one planet e..g towards animals - throws out the balance of nature and it's likely to come back and bite humans on the arse e.g. in the form of global flooding, wild weather, earthquakes, possible pole shift, extinction event...

also because if we can do this stuff to animals and not care about their suffering, then we can be sure some carnivorous aliens out there wouldn't hesitate to do the same to us. and i don't want to be boiled alive or butchered alive, so do unto others - i am trying to help the animals....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

not gonna jump down your throat. it makes me sad to think people don't care, so i prefer to think they just don't realise the extent of it yet, and if they saw it they would say, stop eating a certain type of meat until it was fixed or pressure the govt or something.

so i post stuff incase some people dont realise the extent yet and might be moved to do something about it once they see it.

why it matters is that too much cruelty on one planet e..g towards animals - throws out the balance of nature and it's likely to come back and bite humans on the arse e.g. in the form of global flooding, wild weather, earthquakes, possible pole shift, extinction event...

also because if we can do this stuff to animals and not care about their suffering, then we can be sure some carnivorous aliens out there wouldn't hesitate to do the same to us. and i don't want to be boiled alive or butchered alive, so do unto others - i am trying to help the animals....

You should be less worried about animals and more worried about what us humans are doing to each other.

What about that child that's going hungry?Or is neglected? Or is abused? Or molested?

We turn a blind eye to that,my friend.And that child is more important to me than any animal.

Or what about the person that is laying there dying right this second?

From a heart attack.Or a cancer that has ravaged their body.

Or maybe because someone saw fit to murder them.

Or they had a stroke and couldn't reach out to someone or call 911 for help.

That person is also more important to me than an animal.

I bet you're not giving a second thought to them because they're not an animal.

They are suffering as well right now.

And there aren't any aliens coming.They're not going to make us pay for anything.Quit being so paranoid.
edit on 29-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Doesnt suprise me at all.a friend of mine (who is perfectly normal) used to work slaughtering pigs told me some horrible stories to me but to him this was fun.pigs eyeballs in welly boots,throwing puss filled cysts at each other while working,this is the slaughtermans norm.perhaps it happens so much because most of the workers are low intelligence or almost retarded,not to mention mostly on minimum wage.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You should be less worried about animals and more worried about what us humans are doing to each other.

What about that child that's going hungry?Or is neglected? Or is abused? Or molested?

We turn a blind eye to that,my friend.And that child is more important to me than any animal.

Or what about the person that is laying there dying right this second?

From a heart attack.Or a cancer that has ravaged their body.

Or maybe because someone saw fit to murder them.

Or they had a stroke and couldn't reach out to someone or call 911 for help.

That person is also more important to me than an animal.

I bet you're not giving a second thought to them because they're not an animal.

They are suffering as well right now.

And there aren't any aliens coming.They're not going to make us pay for anything.Quit being so paranoid.
edit on 29-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

why does it have to be one or the other? i have compassion and empathy for animals AND humans. i treat both with respect and love and wouldn't wish pain or torture on either. it IS possible, ya know.

thanks for spreading this info, op. i think it's very important and i believe you're right that a lot of people do not know how bad it really is in some of these slaughterhouses. it breaks my heart the thought of any animal having to go through that suffering. i'm not sure what we can do to help though? does anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
This makes me sad. But nothing will be done about it which is even more sad... I have lost count on how many times I have had to ask this but what the hell is wrong with people?

They (people) are not considering how they would feel if there were similar plants for humans SMH...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If the animals not dead before the slaughter, it will be shortly.... They might suffer for like a minute, they are much appreciated by my B e l l y

interesting-need to move to animal husk intaking
That is UNTIL CAN return back to STAR feeding/absorbing/enervizing
edit on 6/29/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join