It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Nibiru

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Cool thanks. I'll check it out. I'm not surprised that your math and science teacher. And ATS debunker.
I would have guessed engineer for you. As for myself, I was one of the undergraduate astronomy/astrophysics ta/tutor/grader for three years at the university I went to. Also taught math for about a year after that.

Sitchin may be fringe but you cannot negate any of his research, no matter how erroneous he is. It was how he translated and interpreted it. You can refute what he has done, but you cannot say he just made it all up for money. You are making an assumption about someone you do not know. That said, I do think the 2012 doomsday people are out to make money and are very irresponsible for the fear they spread. Also, a theory is still a theory and can be disproved.

Even though I have a background in science and math, reading a few books or websites on cuneiform texts would not make me even remotely qualified to assess the validity of its meaning nor the validity of an archaeologist's research/work, even a rogue one. That's like saying majoring in nursing for half a semester makes me qualified to diagnose patients. (True story, that was my first major and all of a sudden I was the neighborhood doctor.)

Also I write fiction and spending time here at ATS helps with ideas. Aliens messing with early human dna to make work slaves -- that sounds like a damn good movie to me.

I'm off to watch Zombieland. Thanks again for the link.

edit on 8-8-2012 by kisharninmah because: deleted excess babbling.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kisharninmah
Cool thanks. I'll check it out. I'm not surprised that your math and science teacher. And ATS debunker.
I would have guessed engineer for you. As for myself, I was one of the undergraduate astronomy/astrophysics ta/tutor/grader for three years at the university I went to. Also taught math for about a year after that.

I was an engineer for about twenty years.

My degree is mechanical, but I've also worked as industrial and environmental in various jobs, as well as working a manager in production.

I started teaching when i could afford to.

Sitchin may be fringe but you cannot negate any of his research, no matter how erroneous he is. It was how he translated and interpreted it. You can refute what he has done, but you cannot say he just made it all up for money. You are making an assumption about someone you do not know. That said, I do think the 2012 doomsday people are out to make money and are very irresponsible for the fear they spread. Also, a theory is still a theory and can be disproved.

Except I can.

Sitchin couldn't read cuneiform (and, AFAIK, never claimed he could), thus he didn't "translate" anything.

He did make it up, of course, and for money, of course.

Check it out yourself by reading what I've linked you to.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i have to say that this topic was of great interest to me. I have never really been on one side or the other. The original poster did a thorough job dissecting all the different possible scenarios for this planet x theory. it was of great interest to me because i thoroughly enjoy biblical prophesy and much of this possible scenario fits in with the book of revelations. I think allot people alluded to the fact it should be seen by now, which i agree with, as long as its according to the 2012 theory. Could there still be a possible companion to our sun or a planet yet undiscovered? i think there are endless possibilities and much unknown. Many on this thread have stated that there is no government cover-up for this theory. One would have to assume and use logic in this. If there was a threat to our way of life and possible catastrophic events leading to mass death, would they really sound the alarm and let us prepare? I think not, they elite bankers of this world still want to line their pockets and keep this scam of an economy going as long as possible. there would be mass chaos, people would stop going to work,paying mortgage, credit cards, crime would go up exponentially over night, rapes, murders,revenge, theft. they would not want to cause mass panic and delirium within our society. not to mention they think the earth is unsustainable for our present population, so why not solve these issues all at once, we start over from zero after the hypothetical event? A few questions i do have though, if there is nothing potentially going to happen (not 2012 but maybe another year?) why are there so many strange thing happening world wide? My list, chaotic weather, poles drifting or magnetic field, moons orbit has slightly been altered,frequency and intensity of tornadoes,hurricanes ,earthquakes almost all are cat 3 to 5, volcanoes that have been dormant forever are awakening all over this planet, earth has began to wobble, sink holes forming on all continents,drought, famine, the massive amounts of fish dying washing up on shore, massive birds falling from the sky, if we look at thing things separately there seems nothing is up, but when looked at collectively ,something is happening to this planet. what r your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by godlywarrior

A few questions i do have though, if there is nothing potentially going to happen (not 2012 but maybe another year?) why are there so many strange thing happening world wide? My list, chaotic weather, poles drifting or magnetic field, moons orbit has slightly been altered,frequency and intensity of tornadoes,hurricanes ,earthquakes almost all are cat 3 to 5, volcanoes that have been dormant forever are awakening all over this planet, earth has began to wobble, sink holes forming on all continents,drought, famine, the massive amounts of fish dying washing up on shore, massive birds falling from the sky, if we look at thing things separately there seems nothing is up, but when looked at collectively ,something is happening to this planet. what r your thoughts?

Weather is always chaotic. Has been forever. That's why the people can always have conversations about the weather.
The magnetic poles have been drifting as long as people have determined the location of the poles.
The Moon's orbit has not been altered at all.
Tornadoes have been bad, but worse ones have happened decades ago. Although they have been bad at times they have always been bad at times as far as people can tell.
Hurricanes are no worse now than before.
Earthquake activity is at the same levels it has been for a century.
Volcanic activity has been nearly constant for a half century.
The Earth always wobbles. The main wobble is a 26k year cycle.
Sinkholes have always happened as have droughts and famine.
Animal die offs have always happened.

What do I think is going on? Some people are simply more aware of the dynamic nature of planet Earth.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I live in Marquette, Michigan. Today 9/14/12 I was riding my bicycle around Presque Isle park and decided to stop and take some pictures of the sun. It was about 7:20 pm or so. These are the pictures that I took:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
These are reflections. What is so interesting about that?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How is it that the reflection occurs in the same general area in most of the photos and has the winged disc appearance reminisent of Nibiru?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmickameleon

Because of the way you held the camera.

Nibiru is fictional. If it existed and were as large as it appears in the image, then it would be naked eye visible. Also, the object moves to different locations in the photos showing it is in the camera and not even in the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmickameleon
reply to post by stereologist

How is it that the reflection occurs in the same general area in most of the photos and has the winged disc appearance reminisent of Nibiru?

How is it that you relate the winged disc iconography with the city of Nuffar?

Nippur (Sumerian: Nibru, often logographically recorded as 𒂗𒆤𒆠, EN.LÍLKI, "Enlil City;"[1] Akkadian: Nibbur)... ...Nippur was located in modern Nuffar in Afak,
Source
The word Niburu, Neberu Nibru means a crossing place. Could be a bridge, a stile, a gate, or even a shallow part of a river, as is the case with the (former) city of that name. The winged disc, though related to Niburu in broad terms (they're both Sumerian and were part of subsequent cutures,) is not particularly associated with bridges nor is it particularly associated with Enlil's city.

Harte

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmickameleon

Do you have the original of any of those images? Those have been processed thru Microsoft Windows Photo Viewer 6.1.7600.16385.

I think we'll just find out they were just lens flares from your camera phone. Not surprising while pointing it at the sun....you can get flares like that with even high quality equipment.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Excellent thread.

While I personally believe that there are a great many things in the universe that we do not understand even remotely well, to form apocalyptic theories around loose (to say the least) scientific research is irresponsible since so many of the people that wholeheartedly believe in these theories are easily misled to begin with.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"The truth about Nibiru"..well?..She's coming and has friends!..

If you please..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Salutations

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Maybe you should read the op, you might actually learn something instead of pushing fairy tales from poleshift.ning

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
"The truth about Nibiru"..well?..She's coming and has friends!..

If you please..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Salutations

Zetatalk is an internet cult. It is not real. Also, your images do not work for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stereologist

Yes but earthquakes during the years have to had an effect on the earth. It moved on it's panels. Places changes Then no? But the atmospheer stays. Nibiru passed us and gave us a kick. He bounced of our circle. Slowly I watched how he passed us. And the earth moved a bit to the left. Has to have some effects no? Just curious

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Isn't nibiru also in out milkyway. Word says anunnake comes from there such as the akart who lives on sextans, also milky way. Nibiru is on a map so.... quess it exists... started council of 5 to protect us. But even I don't know if that's true. But you gotta believe in something

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammie007
a reply to: stereologist

Yes but earthquakes during the years have to had an effect on the earth.

Milliarcseconds. No, you can't see it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Yes because of the lightyears. But it had an effect on the earth so why not on the univers. While it passed we moved but came back. Same position? You can't see you say do you didn't watch and decided it for yourself. Made few photo from before during and after. Other coordinats. Will try to upload when I'm home
and you decide

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammie007

Yes because of the lightyears.

No, because human vision's limit is orders of magnitude larger than milliarcseconds. Nothing passed.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Ok that's your opinion. I saw differently while I watched pauzed, compared.... yeah did actually do some research before I speak and not just say no.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join