It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Whatever...take up your reality disconnect with Gov. Chirs Christie...and the actual statutes...and the dozen links I already provided...flat earth

Christie at church forum: Illegal immigrants aren't criminals

U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie surprised many at a Dover church public forum when he said sneaking into the United States is not a criminal act.

"Being in this country without proper documentation is not a crime," Christie told more than 60 residents and town officials. "The whole phrase of 'illegal immigrant' connotes that the person, by just being here, is committing a crime."

Being undocumented may be a civil wrong, but it's not a criminal act, Christie said.

"Don't let people make you believe that that's a crime that the U.S. Attorney's Office should be doing something about," he added of entering the country illegally. "It is not."

After touching on the usual topics of his corruption-busting career and battles against gang violence, Christie fielded questions -- mostly on immigration issues -- from Morris County residents and community leaders in an open forum that at times grew heated.

While Christie told the audience it doesn't take a "genius" to see there's a "serious immigration problem" in this country, he stressed an undocumented immigrant is not a criminal unless that person re-enters the country after being deported.

blog.nj.com...

Christie clarifies: 'Illegal' immigrants are in civil violation

In response to a question from an audience member, Christie said that immigrants are not committing a crime by being in the country illegally.

Monday, Christie said that while entering the country illegally is considered a federal misdemeanor, simply lacking legal immigration status is a civil violation.

www.nj.com...

Honestly...it's begining to border on disease how vigigantly you are holding on to a claim that has been now totally debunked...even by conservative authorities.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Please also keep in mind that not all immigrants are poor and uneducated. My amazing husband is from the Eastern Block, he is here legally, he has a PHD in neurobiology, and is an incredible asset to the Howard Hughes Medical Ctr in DC. He still gets dirty looks sometimes because of his accent, and i guess people make assumptions. It can be a mistake to judge someone you don't know. just sayin'. peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Gotta love Rubio

While discussing immigration policy in his new memoir, "An American Son," Rubio (R-Fla.) called for "common decency" in dealing with undocumented immigrants and said that if put in a similar position as those who are fleeing destitution, he would break the law, too.

news.yahoo.com...

His chances for VP are vanishing fast.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Still waiting on that "Civil Misdemeanor" Statute.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

In response to a question from an audience member, Christie said that immigrants are not committing a crime by being in the country illegally.

Monday, Christie said that while entering the country illegally is considered a federal misdemeanor, simply lacking legal immigration status is a civil violation.

www.nj.com...

You do realize that you just proved my statement.
while entering the country illegally is considered a federal misdemeanor, simply lacking legal immigration status is a civil violation

Kind of like being high on drugs. Not illegal to be high, just can't posses the illegal substance.
So there you go, a Govt official, whom you use to to qualify your belief shoots you down.
A FEDERAL MISDEMEANOR by crossing the border.

*NOTE* That crumbling sound you hear..............That is your argument falling around you.
edit on 19-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don't hate immigrants, but I don't like the fact that Mexican and other Central/South American nationals cross into our country illegally. I understand they want to make decent money for themselves and family, but why not do it the legal way? and become a U.S citizen? I just get the feeling they don't care about the United States of American and our culture, except for working and sending USD to their native country.

I just saw a story on how Asian immigrants have overtaken Hispanics, and how a kid from Thailand who didn't speak a lick of English 4 years ago became Class Victorian, his parents wanted something better for their child so they moved here the legal way, and their child now speaks fluent English.

My generation is simply lacking in morals and work ethic rather be rappers or something else that doesn't benefit our country....It's just sad hopefully just a fad or phase, but doesn't look to good for us.
edit on 19-6-2012 by kyoiism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Indigo5

www.nj.com...

You do realize that you just proved my statement.
while entering the country illegally is considered a federal misdemeanor, simply lacking legal immigration status is a civil violation

You do realize that I have contested all along that it was a "Misdemeanor" as opposed to a "Felony"

Are you now agreeing with me?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You stated numerous times that it was a "Civil Misdemeanor".
There is no such beast.

You provided links in an attempt to back that as well.

You may want to go back and re-read your arguing points.

First Offense is a Federal Misdemeanor, with imprisonment and civil penalties via fines.
Second Offense is a Federal Felony, with imprisonment and civil penalties via fines.

There is no "Civil Misdemeanor".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, I was going to respond with some nice verbiage, but then decided...meh...
it's not worth my breath to try and argue with left leaning so and so's.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Is that why Mass amounts of people were quarantined due to small pox and such before they came in?

That is one aspect of the immigration situation that I haven't given a great deal of thought to. Now it is a given that poor people come to the Us by illegal means which means some are healthy and others are not so healthy it is just a matter of time for "something bad" come up via the southern border.

In the past people have always been quarantined before coming here and now it is like so what?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So it is the "Civil" vs. "Federal" bit you are now contending?

Agreed then...it is not a "Criminal Act"...it is not a "Felony"...it is a "misdemeanor".

I could care less whether it is a "Federal" misdemeanor or a "Civil" one...

It is not a Felony like you and others infered.

Again...no interest in this kind of BS debate where you retreat to Fed. vs. Civil, when the debate was whether or not it was a Felony offense along the lines "Burglery" like you originally contested.

Dishonest crap...but certainly not unusual.

Glad to see you concede it is a "Misdemeanor" albiet while at the same claiming you never meant otherwise...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Did your ancestors face an overly complicated, not to mention expensive system for becoming an US citizen?

Often, people come over illegally because either spent all of the money they had to be smuggled in or they never had much if anything to begin with!

Think about it.

WHY do they come over illegally?

Would they come over legally if they COULD?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Again...no interest in this kind of BS debate where you retreat to Fed. vs. Civil, when the debate was whether or not it was a Felony offense along the lines "Burglery" like you originally contested. Dishonest crap...but certainly not unusual. Glad to see you concede it is a "Misdemeanor" albiet while at the same claiming you never meant otherwise...

You mean kind of like splitting hairs on how "illegal" it really is? Like you are doing?

Funny, pot meet kettle........

Illegal is illegal.........split hairs however you want......break the law get deported......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You're spinning a broken record.

NO ONE listens to that point and instead, people take out their hatred/frustrations on illegals and even legals in some cases.

Hell, refugees get # from the locals despite the fact that the locals crowd the court dockets/crime stories, not the other way around!
edit on 19-6-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tbonethedstroyer

Proof?

We'd all love to see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TheRedneck

Did your ancestors face an overly complicated, not to mention expensive system for becoming an US citizen?

Often, people come over illegally because either spent all of the money they had to be smuggled in or they never had much if anything to begin with!

Think about it.

WHY do they come over illegally?

Would they come over legally if they COULD?

Cool if you're poor does that also mean it's ok to go inside a store and rob it? I mean if it wasn't so complicated to get the money I'd have a job but instead I'll go hold someone up or steal from the store because it's just easier to do!!!!
edit on 19-6-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

How do they drive down wages?

How do we know that's not the work of the big business interests that really control this country?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Way to turn this into a liberal-bashing festival.

Oh wait, that's 98% of the posts/threads on ATS!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Terrible analogy.

Like I said, reform the citizenship process, make it more affordable and people will come.

The only reason our system is broken is because there's too much profit to be made from smuggling illegals, drugs and guns into the US. Not to mention the $$$ that private prison contractors make.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Indigo5

Again...no interest in this kind of BS debate where you retreat to Fed. vs. Civil, when the debate was whether or not it was a Felony offense along the lines "Burglery" like you originally contested. Dishonest crap...but certainly not unusual. Glad to see you concede it is a "Misdemeanor" albiet while at the same claiming you never meant otherwise...

You mean kind of like splitting hairs on how "illegal" it really is? Like you are doing?

Funny, pot meet kettle........

Oh I never said it was not illegal...I responded to the rants about how it is a "Felony" and equivelant to "robbing someone" etc.

Sure it is illegal...but we are not Iran...we distinguish between different offenses for a reason.

"Splitting hairs"??? The Justice System of the United States distinguishes between crimes....and the difference between Murder and crossing a border is a tad more a span than a "hair"...

The emotive/idealogical responses...not much thinking going on.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join