It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Dare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am a human being. A human being who is disgusted by the world that we human beings have created for ourselves. A world that negates a relationship with the Creator. A Creator who did not intend for a world like this, to ever exist. An existence that was quite obviously conceived in hell by a diabolical wholly evil entity. An entity who according to his masquerade of anonymity is only ever so vaguely evidenced in modern media. But has been around for a long long time, as The Rolling Stones have once written.

Indeed this is a world where what was intended to be the safest place on earth, has been encroached by the horrors from the pit where it was spawned. The womb in my view was intended by God to be one of the safest places on earth. Where a little human could incubate over a period of time inside it's loving and nurturing mother. Both protected and comforted by the strong and super intelligent father.

As you might guess, I am completely against abortion. My hope in this thread is to show you why you should be too. No doubt I am going to bare the brunt of an avalanche of hate. But does that really matter ? I dare to think not. Now you watch this .

If you dare.

BTW Happy Fathers Day !
edit on 17-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey,
just a bump while I view the vid.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i wish that people would think for just 1 second before they have sex, and think do i want to have a child? if the answer is no then put a rubber on it's far less traumatic.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I guess I always just come back to this:
You dont like abortion. So dont have one. Why on earth do you think it is your place to dictate what others can/should do?

No pro-choice people are out there trying to force others to have them. Yet the anti-choice crowd wants to force others to not be able to. Why is that? Why does it have to be a matter of, like the op said, "showing you why you should be against it". Why do you think you should be trying to scare/disgust people into changing their opinion?

To each his own, and shame on anyone who thinks that they know what is right and wrong for any other person.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi Randy, thanks for posting this.

I'll admit i've never really got too involved in opinions about abortion. I understand that sometimes pregancy can occur for reasons other than consentual sex, or if there was something majorly wrong detected with the baby, a person may not want to keep the child.

Yes there are other ways of dealing with the situation, but not all are ideal for mother or child. So abortion is at least one option, right or wrong.

However thats the first time i've seen anything like that Randy, and yes it saddened me to see it. I say that mainly as a father who took a huge interest in my wifes pregnancy and the birth of my kids. I was there every single step and picture, inside and out.

I remember naming the kids already at 12 weeks. I remember listening intently for the slightest noise or feeling for the slightest movement. Thats why the video saddens me to watch it.

I can't really comment any more than that. If there was a nicer way to perform the proceedure, maybe it would be better, but at the end of the day you're still killing somone who can give you the very moments i described above. I appreciate that it's not all rosey though in life, and sometimes people feel the need for this.

I really can't judge, apart from to say, 4000 a day....

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You dont like abortion. So dont have one. Why on earth do you think it is your place to dictate what others can/should do?

And I always come back to this:

If someone commits murder, do you then consider it your business? Pro-lifers believe 100% that abortion is murder and nothing to do with someones right to "choose" anything other than murdering a child. You don't.

The argument will remain forever and ever.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Horrifying.....

I had no idea what happened during an abortion, and was indifferent to the procedure.

I think you have just made me anti abortion, a stance I never expected to take....

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

And I always come back to this:

If someone commits murder, do you then consider it your business? Pro-lifers believe 100% that abortion is murder and nothing to do with someones right to "choose" anything other than murdering a child. You don't.

The argument will remain forever and ever.

Absolutely it will. The difference is, I, as someone who is pro-choice, would never sit and try to force my belief on others. Dont want an abortion, dont have one, easy enough.

The problem with your argument is that it is only a belief, with no factual backing. And that is fine. They are entitled to that belief. But to force it upon others is wrong in every way.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
As you might guess, I am completely against abortion. My hope in this thread is to show you why you should be too. No doubt I am going to bare the brunt of an avalanche of hate. But does that really matter ? I dare to think not. Now you watch this .

When a mother is not left alone to raise her child, but is helped by the whole community...

When each child is regarded as the sacred continuation of our species...

When each person is free to explore this world again with the same wonderment they had as a child...

Then and only then will no one consider an abortion.

What are you willing to sacrifice that abortion is no longer considered?

How against it are you?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I guess I always just come back to this: You dont like abortion. So dont have one. Why on earth do you think it is your place to dictate what others can/should do? No pro-choice people are out there trying to force others to have them. Yet the anti-choice crowd wants to force others to not be able to. Why is that? Why does it have to be a matter of, like the op said, "showing you why you should be against it". Why do you think you should be trying to scare/disgust people into changing their opinion? To each his own, and shame on anyone who thinks that they know what is right and wrong for any other person.

I am totally against abortion. Not against any ones right to do so. You have a right to commit murder. My hope is only to dissuade people from making use of that right.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I saw this a while back, its very sad.

Abortion is one of those topics I usually stay away from. My compassion for innocence would never allow me to kill a unborn child, others don't seem to think that way. I see it as a form of eugenics, others see it as a mercy from being uwanted, uncared for. Its one of those things where karma comes in to play, I wouldn't want to run up my karmic debt with something like this, if there is such a thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I am totally against abortion. Not against any ones right to do so. You have a right to commit murder. My hope is only to dissuade people from making use of that right.

No, you dont have a right to commit murder, but nice semantics.

Again, though, I have to ask: no one is forcing abortion on you. Why, then, do you feel the need to try and dissuade those that would have one?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Right, but to believe it is not murder and forcing those views upon them by acting as though it's no big deal is the same thing. Good luck persuading pro-lifers it's not murder, although I highly doubt you will ever be successful.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Right, but to believe it is not murder and forcing those views upon them by acting as though it's no big deal is the same thing. Good luck persuading pro-lifers it's not murder, although I highly doubt you will ever be successful.

Im not trying to persuade anyone of anything, but rather trying to understand the mindset that goes behind these things.

Also, science, and the law, say it isnt murder to abort a baby, not me.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

hello, i haven't watched the video you posted yet but i will soon, i just thought i'd share this video with you called 180 movie, www.youtube.com...

up until about 8 months ago i didn't have particularly strong views on abortion because i'd never really given it much thought, but when i came across the 180 movie it kind of put everything into perspective,

thanks

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Laws are constantly changing. The science is very debatable, as we have seen over and over again.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Fair enough, but are you telling me no one throughout human history has ever changed their opinion or realized they may not have thought a matter fully through or considered all angles when additional information was presented to them, a new angle was shared, explanations were couched in different terms, or a person with a different way of thinking on a matter spoke with them about it?

Just like you preach about abortion here, if you don't like the thread, don't read it. The OP is not forcing anything on anyone, and is just as free to relay his opinion as you are yours.

You say shame on these people, but I didn't see OP here doing anything wrong - so I say shame on you. I shudder to think what this world would be like if everyone merely always continued thinking what they think and the same way they already did instead of discussing issues and trying to see new viewpoints or consider new information.

Talk about stagnation and ignorance. People are free to talk and share, just as they're free to ignore and disregard. I suggest you would be better served by exercising the latter in this case instead of trying to shame discourse.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Also, science, and the law, say it isnt murder to abort a baby, not me.

Exactly my whole friggen point of what I have written. we can see for ourselves that it is absolutely murder. What evil would say it isn't ?

Thanks for abandoning the word force for the more proper dissuade BTW.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi,
I had to stop the video and realize what a hypocrite (support b/c) I would be should I support the death penalty. Which I do not.

It's a hard issue that requires one to make it a life-long conquest;
A way to push selfish ideals onto others. I'm just not equipped to adopt.

Does it do any good to pray for lost souls? And how do we know that soul is not lost?

edit on (6/17/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Thank you so much for the vid Minnie.
I'm watching it now.

Btw I may not get through the whole thing.
The one I posted put my face full of tears in my hands.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join