It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead' Brazilian boy 'sits up in coffin at his own funeral and asks for WATER before lying back dow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
What saddens me about this story is that it sounds like many of the other stories where people have been declared dead, only to wake up either in the morgue or 6 foot under.

It is a result of the heart slowing down to something like 1BPM (guess), so to all those who examine the body, there is no reason to believe they are not dead.

What if this is what has occurred here? What if the the boy still is / was alive? How would a two year old escape from a coffin underground?

I think with all the technology we have to day that it should be common practice or required to do a brain scan. Just for electrical impulses. Because a heart rate slowing that much would not cause brain activity to cease. It should be illegal to bury anyone without a brain activity confirmation of death.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Interesting story OP, im working at the moment and so have not been able to read the source however i was wondering, wouldnt rigormortis have set in? And if so, wouldn't this effect the child's ability to sit up?

Scratch that.. Rigormortis only lasts for 24 hours.. I thought it was a permanent thing after death, Ive learned something new today

edit on 8/6/12 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/12 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is so creepy. Ever since I read Premature Burial by Poe when I was a kid, being buried alive has always been a fear for me. So much so that I want to be cremated and NOT buried. The child's family may have been from some poor, backwoods type village. Who knows what kind of medical care he received. It does seem insane to me to have buried him an hour later.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
But I'm not dead yet!

Always think of Monty Python with stories like this... Creepy for sure!

The poor kid probably just needed an IV of some fluids back when he was at the hospital. I can't help but think he would have lived with proper care. I certainly hope they made 100% sure before they buried him the 2nd time.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Some guy just set a world record for holding his breath for nearly 20 minutes. In these third world countries Doctors are probably still holding a mirror under someones nose to determine if they are living or dead.

It makes you wonder how many people have "woken up" only to die of a heart attack once they realize they were buried alive.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

This is what would scare me the most about traveling to a third world country or nearly anywhere outside of the major countries in North American, Europe and Asia. What if something happened and what if I had to go to the Hospital. I don't know what kind of medical treatment I am getting or how qualified my doctor is. And if I don't speak the language how am I going to relay what is really going on if I am even able to speak. Frankly that scares the hell out of me. At least here I know I have good chance that doctor had to pass boards and is qualified. Doesn't mean he is great. I know we have crappy doctors too but I would rather take my chances in a English speaking country that has a solid government.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Don't they embalm the body prior to the funeral? I'm going to assume not or this would truly be Amazing!!!. Unfortunately, if he was not embalmed than the most likely scenario would be that poor boy was incorrectly diagnosed as being dead.

Horrible to even think about.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
It sounds very much like the "Lazarus phenomenon,"

It seems that quite a few people over the years have suffered the catatonic state, And i guess unless there is a full examination these things do happen,

The person will appear dead but is still breathing in a very shallow nature,
Scary stuff for sure,

Oh wow, that is a scary thought. X_X. I'd hate to end up like that and all of a sudden find myself in a casket buried several meet in the ground. Thats like the worst nightmare becoming reality X_X..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

When you get your child handed back to you in a "plastic" bag, like a pet here in the US. That in itself is horrible!

Under funding of the health care in this country is not like the US.
Embalming services are not rendered in most deaths in villages like that.
I agree that it is a misunderstanding on the doctors part, and the boy was most likely in some deep state that feigns death.

Sad story indeed. Creepy if you are a parent!!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sorry, I wrote in the wrong thread, DOH!
edit on 8/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
When there is no more room in hell , the dead shall walk the earth.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Often times after death a person will reflex and sit up, at that time air escapes and often releases with a sound, "Agua" would be a natural sound to identify for the witnesses. They were probably left saying, "Que? What did he just say?"" It sounded like", "Water"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There have been many instances where bodies have been exhumed and scratch marks have been found inside the sealed coffins - but I think that was before the advances of modern medicine.
Obviously the poorer areas of the world don't have these benefits.

I used to like the idea of being buried and helping feed plants etc around me.....as I get older the idea doesn't sound quite so appealing!

If that was my kid there is no way on earth I would have let anyone bury him after that.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
.....but did he get any water?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
wow! don't know what to say about this!

the first thing to come to mind was the movie .the serpent and the rainbow'.
where the witchdoctor gives the victim some potion,and it appears that he is dead.
then they dig him up in a day or so,and he is in full 'zombie' mode!
ready to do the bidding of the witchdoctor.
this movie was based on real life Haitian voodoo,and ultimately was responsible for anesthetic doctors use today
for operations to knock you out.
what do you guys think?!!!
(good movie,by the way!!!
)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Definately wierd. I have no idea what caused it but i'm gonna flag and star because it's wierd and kinda macabre.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

wake (v.)). Meaning "a sitting up at night with a corpse" is attested from early 15c. (the verb in this sense is recorded from mid-13c.). The custom largely survived as an Irish activity.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is likely sensationalized. He may well have sat up in his coffin. That sort of thing happens. Even Ray Stevens wrote a song about it, called "Sittin' up with the Dead."

I imagine, though, that the family was freaked out and reported this possibly believing that was what happened, or that the news service that first reported it sensationalized it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To anyone who thinks people waking up from the dead is a sign of the apocalypse fear not!!! This is not a new phenomenon. As a matter a fact coffins fitted with bells to prevent accidental burials have been around for a very long time. And a quick search for people waking up from the dead yields many stories dating back many years.

en.wikipedia.org...

socyberty.com...

I will give you this that the circumstances surrounding this particular case are unusual, even for this unusual subject matter. This, if true, feels more supernatural than a case of medical malpractice.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Clearly he was only mostly dead. Miracle Max would've fixed him right up

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join