It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 5, 2012 "Fact or Faked" Florida UFO Footage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter
This looks acted to me. The reactions and conversations just seem wooden, like they're being read from a script. I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the shows credits are words to the effect of "intended for entertainment purposes only" or some similar disclaimer that makes hoaxing ok.

No doubt

Link

Criticism
Skeptical researchers such as Karen Stollznow of the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) have criticized the investigating competence of the Fact or Faked team, such as the Civil War cemetery ghost case from episode 6 in particular. The examined footage involves an alleged orb and mist captured on a few frames of video, and when the FoF team unsuccessfully recreate it, they conclude it to be paranormal. Stollznow claimed that by slowing the video down frame-by-frame, something that the FoF team did not do (at least on camera), the orb and mist are supposedly revealed to be a spider on a web.[6][7]

In 2010, the JREF also published a story stating that the producers of FoF attempted to get a group to alter a "paranormal video" they shot in order for it to be considered for the show. The group, the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society, are ghost hunters who filmed a planchette of an ouija board moving around on its own. The video was deliberately faked using a hidden string and released to the internet as a demonstration of how such tricks can be done. FoF producers who saw the video contacted the group and asked they re-shoot the video and make the pointer move more dramatically before they would make an offer to feature the video on the show.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

this program should change its name to faked, thats the only conclusion they ever come too, very much like this site, jael is the only reason i watch it now, shes so fit.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's right next to a popular Naval Base, it could have been night time Navy SEAL training and that could have been a projectile of some sort from a SEAL boat

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't understand the criticism towards this show. They do an unbelievable job of replicating videos. Sure, some of it is hokie, but one good example was the "skeleton apparition" on the battleship. They were able to completely replicate the original footage, and they seem to be reasonably skeptical.

I watched this show when it aired and was completely blown away by the footage. No Idea what they captured, but unless it is faked it is incredible!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looks like a few people are falling for Stanton Friedmanns debunkers favourite "If you cant attack the data, attack the person". I really dont care about the programme, or its credentials (Unless they have done an incredible faking job, in which case, bravo!!)

Like Ive said before, unless 'Fact or Faked' have taken a completely different line with their programming, by faking their own content (Which is highly unlikely, as they love to debunk stuff), then they have caught something they cant explain.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

It seems to me as they cant debunk it they just brush over it call it "still an open case" and promptly drop it

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
It's right next to a popular Naval Base, it could have been night time Navy SEAL training and that could have been a projectile of some sort from a SEAL boat

Really? What sort of silent 'Navy SEAL' projectile would that be then?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by Thunda

It seems to me as they cant debunk it they just brush over it call it "still an open case" and promptly drop it

True, but they (particularly 'Bill') didnt seem that pleased about it. What are their options? They either de-bunk it ('Faked') which they love, and pat themselves on the back, or proclaim it a 'Fact'. Here they did neither- they said the case was still open, which it is.
I think that the editing at the end of the clip was quite suspicious, like they didnt show it from all the different camera angles. Im not saying that makes it a fake- in fact, quite the reverse. I would still like to know what those pillar/figure things were.........

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Looks like a few people are falling for Stanton Friedmanns debunkers favourite "If you cant attack the data, attack the person". I really dont care about the programme, or its credentials

The data is as follows:
99.9% acting
.1% footage of event
0% analysis

Lets have a look at the actual footage. .. And those chicks in bikinis

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

.1% of footage...........must have been watching a different video to you

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

I found the pillars one of the most interesting aspect of the video footage but they completly ignored them in their summary

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

They are not all actors the team leader Ben Hansen is meant to be ex fbi

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Funny thing, that they are both 'paranormal investigators' that started out as models!

I am going to call this one for Lanisha being hotter overall. Good enough for Bob Barker!

Well - I always watch this show because it seems to me that they actually want to find something that they can't reproduce and thereby they call it "fact". It seems to me that they are somewhat disappointed when they are able to reproduce a video fairly accurately because it debunks the original and they don't really want to debunk it.

Oh - and while both Jael and Lanisha are incredibly beautiful and any guy would be lucky to have either one
of them, I'm going to have to agree with butcherguy...Jael is just a bit more incredibly smoking hot!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Here's one of a few videos of Jael in a bikini...

So I guess I'm too dumb to embed a Youtube video...but the link works.
edit on 7-6-2012 by tallcool1 because: To dumb to embed...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Burdman, I live just down the road from this area, and I'd LOVE to go check it out for ourselves!!

If anyone would like to arrange a trip down there, I can probably get a boat, and we can stay at my house to prep before and after.

We would need someone with much better video equipment and skills than what I have.

I'm not sure exactly where that shot was filmed, but it was supposedly on a river just off I-10 in the Panhandle of Florida. I live just off I-10 dead center in the Panhandle of Florida, so the site is a maximum of 3 hours either direction from my house. It is probably much closer than that, because we have a lot of UFO activity fairly close to here.

Anyone that wants to plan a trip, hit me up!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Here's one of a few videos of Jael in a bikini...

So I guess I'm too dumb to embed a Youtube video...but the link works.
edit on 7-6-2012 by tallcool1 because: To dumb to embed...

Fixed the embed for you, mostly because i wanted to see the bikini, and I can't access Youtube from here, but sometimes I can watch the embeds, LOL!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Trying to see if I have enough vacation hours to take off work... if I did, I'd have to tell my wife I was heading to FSU to meet with some people there I have been engaged on my current project with.

Put me down as a maybe for now.

If it's closer to Pensacola, that's in my neck of the woods. There's always something popping down in Gulf Breeze!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loophole

Originally posted by 5pookyProof that Aliens Do Exist.

Proof? rofl..... Hardly, remember this is main stream and for TV. It could be faked by the producers by the show for all we know, or some locals who knew they would be recording.

They are actors in a reality TV show, I see no scientific tests over than them using cameras at night looking at a brush.

I'm with you on that one. If you just shot video that intriguing, why not stay an additional night and actually try to get CLOSE to what you are looking at? These things are always shot at such a distance that it's impossible to prove whether it's faked or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Worst acting ever, this is such a typical american show where the fake just oozes from the screen. You guys are taking this seriouslty?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I love the show and saw the episode. All I said at the end of the clip when the gang was watching it in the meeting room was, "Whoa!"

What impressed me more was Ben Hansen's reaction about how significant the clip was. He's the first one to declare something 'Faked' if there's any reason to. To impress Ben is not an easy task.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join