It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 5, 2012 "Fact or Faked" Florida UFO Footage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me about the original footage is the lack of sound ...why ?
In my experience its normally because the sound would give a clue to explaining the object .

Can't find anything on the FoF footage though
, maybe more info will surface later .

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Very interesting piece of video , I would like to see the raw footage without all the dramatics but on the face of it that's pretty impressive stuff

Here's the original footage that sparked the FoF investigation .

edit on 6-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

That's the first time I've seen this footage.
I don't know what to think but it's pretty impressive.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

how did they account for the horizontal rotating lights above the 3 spots seen around 0:52...??

In truth, the show aired a 20 second long (at most) snippet of the posted original sighting video. They occassionally hit a homerun and manage to near-perfectly recreate someone's original video, but more often than not they aim to make a comparable, sniff test worthy version of any original footage and then usually slap a "Fiction" label on the original barring personal experiences or observations during the follow-through investigations.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I watched it last night and was not impressed by the footage that got them there. However, what they captured at the end was awesome. Proof that Aliens Do Exist.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"Then the thing shot straight into the sky" SURE it did.... That video isn't worth lookin at twice...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5pookyProof that Aliens Do Exist.

Proof? rofl..... Hardly, remember this is main stream and for TV. It could be faked by the producers by the show for all we know, or some locals who knew they would be recording.

They are actors in a reality TV show, I see no scientific tests over than them using cameras at night looking at a brush.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Yeah I saw those pole shadows on the right...at first I thought that is what he was talking about on the show then I realized there was even more going on.

On the Honey Island Swamp monster show they also captured that weird yell or guttural roar...made my skin crawl and they just blew it off as hogs. Trust me that is not a sound a hog will ever make. Just saying that's two things they have captured that have intrigued me.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Would be interesting to know if the light sources in both these situations were only seen with infrared devices... The original footage is pretty impressive with the swirling and rotating mass of lights towards the end..

The fact or faked footage shows a typical zero mass type acceleration which is actually pretty rare to see, at least for purported real evidence footage..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Look! Up in the sky! Its a plane on time lapse!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Look! Up in the sky! Its a plane on time lapse!

Those witnessing that light saw it do the same thing in real time though..

So, you are trying to say the fact or fake crew played back time lapse footage slowed down? That wouldn't work because time lapse only takes a shot every x seconds or x minutes and to play it back in slowed down mode would show a skipping light..

Your theory doesn't work at all..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Did I miss something or do they not even mention how multiple dark shadows appear at 51 seconds into this clip? Then later when they're focusing on that one bright light in the trees it also appears another dark figure or shadow is standing in front of the light. At least at one point it looks to be a tree then seems to change position nearing the time the light fades out.

This is what I saw, when the cameras seemed to freeze and distort.

I am baffled, and I actually find that more creepy/confusing than the exiting light. I wonder why they declined to talk about those shadows, we all clearly saw them and they were equally as impressive from a scientific and technological point of view.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5pooky
I watched it last night and was not impressed by the footage that got them there. However, what they captured at the end was awesome. Proof that Aliens Do Exist.

It's definitely not proof that aliens exist.

Fireflies exist, and we are discovering new species every year. How do we know that that light source leaving wasn't an as yet undiscovered species? How many biologists think of studying life in areas like that? While they're all looking at the Amazon, thousands of new species are identified by people in their own back yards every year.

It could also be a hoax, played on the show. It could be a hoax played BY the show - something they have recently done to see how their fake would be accepted by believers.

And, to top it all off, this is right by two Air Force bases, and this could be a craft no one has seen before, an unmanned drone, maybe deliberately used to convince people of the unexplained rather than increase suspicion that it's a secret technology.

There are several possible explanations, and while there is doubt it cannot be claimed that this is proof of anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Those witnessing that light saw it do the same thing in real time though..

So, you are trying to say the fact or fake crew played back time lapse footage slowed down? That wouldn't work because time lapse only takes a shot every x seconds or x minutes and to play it back in slowed down mode would show a skipping light..

Your theory doesn't work at all..

It's not a theory. They always leave a camera on in time lapse (just in case). There is other footage they took that night too. It is playing in the background at 3:06. See the light climb up? Same place same camera. Another plane "zipping" overhead. They show it again at the end.

Although it is crystal still with no wind, if you carefully study the water and trees during the clip (instead of the object) you will see that it is time lapse.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This is an awful video. You can't even tell what is going on. You can't tell what is up or down. It looks like a time someone filming something underwater or a reflection.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"wa wa whooa...what is that? whoa, they're gone"

at about 00:50. what exactly is he referrng to? at 2:15 the same clip of him saying wa wa whoa...then an entirely different shot. the green camera thing and the lights at night and all the banter and footage of that one dude all excited...wait, that chick was hot...and then a flash and we get to look at that for less then a second...and the motion detection boxes all add to the drama.

I'm a programmer and have been messing with the motion detection code. the boxes are drawn around shapes in a picture. the shapes are called blobs. in a video each frame is compared to the last frame and if there is any change, squares are drawn around each object in that frame. the object may not be moving and the change could be in any part of the frame. you would think squares are drawn around objects that are moving but they aren't. there are all kinds of settings to increase or decrease the sensitivity. so if an insect flew by or a light was shown...the threshold is set very low, then all blobs are detected.

time lapse? don't doubt it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I like the shot from 4:05 to 4:07, mainly because of the reflection that the light gives off on the water, it tracks and follows with the light in the air.

That discounts bugs close to the camera as far as I can see.

However, that said, CGI can do wonderful things today. I know, I use it all the time with the things I make.

There is also the possibility that it was faked. I'm sure a model rocket, fired off at an angle from that distance with a IR camera could achieve the same effect (including the reflection in the water). Of course you'd hear it too, but we don't have any sound with that clip.

The clip they show is barely 3 seconds. It would be interesting to see up to a minute after the 3 second mark also.

These are questions that should be asked, and the original video needs to be analyzed. Else I'm afraid we're left to take the word of a television show, that just might do something to increase ratings for all we know.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
I like the shot from 4:05 to 4:07, mainly because of the reflection that the light gives off on the water, it tracks and follows with the light in the air.

That discounts bugs close to the camera as far as I can see.

Not sure if you think that i meant that was a bug flying by at the end...

I don't think that was a bug. Can't tell what it is because we get a video of a video surounded by more ooos and ahhhs and chicks and bewildered facial expressions and very little of anything about the object.

I am a huge fan of the shaky camera flicks. It is really amazing the drama you can produce with a camera and glimpses of things you can't make out. The mind really takes over when deprived of information.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

What I find most interesting about this footage is how they say they can see with the IR cameras but not with the naked eye... that's exactly the case with a lot of footage, including footage from NASA. I personally think it's because their craft operate on a different energy/vibration/frequency level. Brilliant thread...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Interesting post, birdman30ott6.

Respectfully, though, I have to say without any sound, or way of judging scale, this might well be a helicopter ?

Though I would have thought the person filming would recognise the sound of a chopper, unless the sound was deliberately left out to aid a hoax ?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Often these shows disappoint me. Especially Destination Truth. That is the worst of all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join