It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 5, 2012 "Fact or Faked" Florida UFO Footage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Worst acting ever, this is such a typical american show where the fake just oozes from the screen. You guys are taking this seriouslty?

I watch the show, and enjoy it, even though some cases are clearly faked, they try different things before they try the most logical one, which is annoying. But bad acting? I don't see that at all in this show. Yeah, you are gunna get people say its bad acting, just so they can debunk it, but in truth, i really don't see acting

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Fact or faked is pretty good imho.

Sure they aim to debunk things, but they are typically quite honest in their efforts, and I hear them often mention the 'limitations' there are to knowing if something is fact or fake for sure.

Usually the main goal seems to be to "recreate" the event, to see if it is mis-identification or a hoax.Or at least if it "could be possibly hoaxed".

They played very fair with the Fresno "walkers" subject, and to this day it remains a full blown mystery especially with the second video coming out, and the local native American legends of similar entities. The team at Fact or Faked couldn't reproduce the film, and so were forced to admit it is either extremely sophisticated or legit (somehow).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
It's right next to a popular Naval Base, it could have been night time Navy SEAL training and that could have been a projectile of some sort from a SEAL boat

What sort of projectile technology makes no sound, yet changes direction mid flight, creates intense illumination and is recognizable in the night sky, has no smoke trails, etc?

Good luck with that one. Seems a lot easier to assume it was St Elmo's Fire and the Will-o-the-Wisp.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by Thunda

It seems to me as they cant debunk it they just brush over it call it "still an open case" and promptly drop it

Although I agree follow-up investigations are always necessary in the pursuit of the truth, that doesn't seem to ever occur very often on television programs of this nature.

But in reality if something cannot be debunked, it is by definition an open case. And just because someone claims something is debunked, doesn't mean it didn't ever happen either. Only the person who was there really knows what happened, and us bystanders have to simply judge the situation based off various criteria, while attempting to avoid false criteria such as fallacies.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I did think will of the wisp but how do you explain those pillars/shadows?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

I did think will of the wisp but how do you explain those pillars/shadows?

I can't. I guess I could think about it for awhile, but it does seem pretty anomalous.
Hmmm.

Could a unusual type of magnetic field cause this effect on film?
That's my best guess for now.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Kinda weird, I live within miles of this place. Destin Florida.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually after watching it again, I don't see how a magnetic field could cause the "shadow pillars" for two reasons.

The entire forest lights up in a way, and the shadow pillars are reflected onto the water itself. That's pretty nifty, I gotta admit.

I can't think of anything really. I can't even think of how a spaceship and aliens with advanced technology could pull that off. Much less humans.

Usually I need some time for something good to pop into my skull so I will just let it settle for now and see what comes of it down the line.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve

Going out there to see first hand would be awesome.

But I suggest taking some other people with you. Dying alone sucks while dying with others is a lot easier to bear mentally. Sharing it makes it easier to accept.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco[/]
I watched this show when it aired and was completely blown away by the footage. No Idea what they captured, but unless it is faked it is incredible!
apparently they captured your imagination. It's a tv show with actors just like the x files or scooby doo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Really...then explain exactly what was seen and how it was done please.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My neighbor is a highly successful TV show producer. She told me every single one of these so called "reality" shows, from your ghost shows, to your mtv nonsense, are all so tightly scripted, directed, edited, and then re-edited, nothing you see on those shows is anywhere close to what actually occurred. They make it look like it took place over one night, when in reality they probably filmed for two weeks and then cut and pasted what would make it look interesting.

They add dramatic music, take cuts that dont match the time line and mash them up to create a story and intrigue. This is not about lying to the people or attempting to disclose secrets, this is about making money. Pure and simple.

TV shows make money through advertisements, they could care less about whether its "fact or fiction"

Plus, keep in mind these shows generally air six months to a year after they were shot. If this was truly something special, dont you think SOMEONE who works for the network would have leaked it on to the internet by now?!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Originally posted by Phenomium
It's right next to a popular Naval Base, it could have been night time Navy SEAL training and that could have been a projectile of some sort from a SEAL boat

Really? What sort of silent 'Navy SEAL' projectile would that be then?
The silent Navy Seal projectile kind.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve

I used to live in Destin, I live in Tallahassee now.

With Eglin and Hurlburt there, it is common to see all kinds of unexplainable things. I used to love watching the Rangers do their low-altitude drops into the Intracoastal Waterway. That was exciting, and watching the AC130s fire at the ranges or come in low over 98 to land at Hurlburt was also exciting!

That thing from the TV show could easily have been an experimental craft, or a stealth copter, or something military, but it would still be AWESOME to go out and good a first hand look and video of it.

Lets get some ATSers together and do it!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

.1% of footage...........must have been watching a different video to you
No. We are seeing the same show but i understand that it's a tv show creating an illusion of reality.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Um.. Navy Seals? They don't train in public land. No military trains on public land. I can't remember a single mission I've ever participated in that was not on a base, aside from an assist for an Earthquake drill in California. You really think Navy Seals are cruising along a river at night in public lands? I find it highly unlikely it was a military exercise. Of course, people here think that the Air Force constantly flies their most secret giant triangle aircraft over suburban neighborhoods, so...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm sure a Navy seal team would let a TV film crew with in distance, Oh and film their activities.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My question is if you actually film something as unexplainable as in some of these shows videos why do they never return and do a much longer and thorough observation/investigation? They just forget about it and never go back, its not like funds would be a issue it seems.
Ive just come to expect most of these reality shows and such are mostly fake.

But who knows maybe they did catch this on video and it is real, but my question still stands why not ever go back and do a longer investigation ?

edit on 7-6-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee63

Really...then explain exactly what was seen and how it was done please.

Like I said earlier, I'm not even sure how aliens with advanced tech could pull it off.

It's high strangeness, that's for sure.

If it's all faked by the network for ratings, than they should have advertised it better and I'm sure the ATS video forensic experts will be able to show how it was retouched film. But I have a strange doubt that the film will be shown to be fake due to circumstances.

This would have to be a textbook UFO case, with both the aerial sighting combined with the terrestrial forest sightings. I wonder if they filed a report for the sighting and what exactly they may have detailed in that report? That would be interesting to read.

Plus I would be interested in getting some soil and plant samples from the exact location where the bright light in the forest was witnessed, back tracking to pinpoint the locale would be quite beneficial into determining further information about what was going on out there.

If this is a real alien spacecraft incident, than it is possible that trace evidence may be left behind such as radiation burn marks or anomalous substances or depressions in the soil. We won't know until the area is located, scoured, and the findings documented and made available.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

But who knows maybe they did catch this on video and it is real, but my question still stands why not ever go back and do a longer investigation ?

I agree with that comment though. You go and film for what.. one night? And get extraordinary footage? One would think you would frickin' camp out there for a couple of weeks at that point, getting the latest and greatest tech toys available to record it.
edit on 7-6-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join