It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon Rebozo Apollo 16 Diamonds Are Forever 007

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Richard Nixon watched a lot of movies. Source www.press.uchicago.edu...

The Life magazine cover asks "What will Nixon do with it?"

He watched over 500 movies during the time he was president. Some people have called him a cinephile but only as pertains to American made, Hollywood movies. Tricky Dick didn't watch a lot of foreign flicks.

Do you know what movie Nixon and his closest friend Bebe Rebozo watched on the evening after Apollo 16 splashed down April 27, 1972, 19:45:05 UTC, South Pacific Ocean?

Let's look at Nixon's Secret Service diary and find out what movie Nixon watched when Apollo 16 splashed down. Shall we go that deeply into the historical narrative? I think we should and we shall.

Did you notice the moon buggy at the bottom of the film poster by the way this was America's probably most paranoid and ruthless politician of the 20th century we are talking about here. Nixon wasn't able to remember accurately where he was when he had heard JFK got shot. That's Nixon for you. Always editing the past and the present. Like a good film or TV producer would do.

And this would be Richard Nixon launch lip-singing to "MoonRaper" after the Apollo 12 launch and telling everybody they can keep their jobs.

Any questions?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

ya,,,why can't u relax after a successfull mission.??

Buggy,,,its Hollywood,,,u dont think they were allowed to visit NASA??? it was the 60's.

cant today,,but thats another story,,

geezzz
now if u said they watched the Godfather,,, well,,,

EVERY AMERICAN and Canadian watched James Bond 007,,,,its our Culture.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
geezzz
now if u said they watched the Godfather,,, well,,,

Richard Nixon watched the Godfather on April 21, 1972.

Apollo 16 Launch date April 16, 1972, 17:54:00

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Any questions?

Yeah. Why is this in the conspiracy forum?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just wait. It gets better.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In Diamonds are Forever there is a moon landing hoax scene. Thats as far as I can stretch the conspiracy factor.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

It's not a "moon landing hoax scene", it's a testing lab for space equipment out in the Nevada desert.

We're big Bond fans in Britain too, see

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
who lives at 340 harbor drive ?

why wasn't the call to the ticonderoga completed ?

and you notice the movies he saw ?

edit on 5-6-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kolya

It figures, Flemming was a Brit. I bow to your superior Bond knowledge. Seriously though, I thought they were going out of their way to say the landing was a hoax. Oh well, learn something new everyday.

I guess that means I have no clue where this guy is going with the thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Eh, they may have intended at least a little suggestiveness in the scene - after all, they have a Howard Hughes-style figure's industries being used without his knowledge as a cover for the superweapon build. You never know...

And other than Nixon himself, I can't find via Google any relevant people who lived on Harbor Drive, Key Biscayne. "Call this a conspiracy site"? Normally we don't have to do our *own* research to understand someone's implication - care to enlighten us as to who you're referring to?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya

It's not a "moon landing hoax scene", it's a testing lab for space equipment out in the Nevada desert.

We're big Bond fans in Britain too, see

My analysis of that scene shows two astronauts moving in slow motion on a moon set, with plywood painted backdrops, emulating the faked TV pictures from the Moon. There is also the moon buggy. Yes, it is clearly a moon landing hoax scene.

so we disagree on that.

But, did you notice how Nixon was watched 4 James Bond films in the first half of 1972? I find it quite interesting. It's possible that the other Bond films match up with other Apollo trivia.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

1) I wasn't so sure if I really remembered the scene well enough so I went and found it. I was wrong in that I'd forgotten about the moon set, but while there's a control room there are no cameramen or film equipment - it just seems like a mock-up to test the suits and/or equipment that one fails to hit Bond with... I mean, it sure as hell LOOKS just like a moon-landing fake set might look - though let's hope we'd not be fooled by cheap sets like that
- but I think it "it was a hoax-moon-landing scene" is taking it literally.

2) I once watched all 18 that were out on VHS at the time in a week and a half, it doesn't prove I was upto something in that period other than having a Bond marathon.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So let me do the math....
Bond Movie = a
Apollo Missions = b
Conspiracy = c

a+b=c

What is C????

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Has anyone seen 'There Was A Crooked Man' and could tell us if there's anything in the film to make it relevant to this *other* than the title? Or have I just stumbled over another gap in this that the audience will have to fill themselves?
edit on 5/6/2012 by Kolya because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And isnt this around the time that Nixon made Elvis a "Special Agent", the most loved person in the US at the time.
See...Elvis is on the Moon!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
who lives at 340 harbor drive ?

why wasn't the call to the ticonderoga completed ?

and you notice the movies he saw ?

edit on 5-6-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

Nixon and Rebozo had mansions situated next to each other in Key Biscayne, Florida. I'm not sure if 340 belongs to Nixon or Rebozo. They were constantly in and out. I'd have to look more closely at the diaries. The Secret Service diaries would be the perfect source to answer that question.

The call to the Ticonderoga did not complete the first time, probably due to technical difficulties. When the channel became available, Nixon spoke to the astronauts, only 7 minutes later.

And I noticed the movies he saw, during the Apollo 16 mission, There Was A Crooked Man,

There Was A Crooked Man

A charming but totally ruthless criminal is sent to a remote Arizona prison. He enlists the help of his cellmates in an escape attempt with the promise of sharing his hidden loot.

Storyline
Charm, intelligence and success in criminal career doesn't prevent Paris Pitman Jr. to start doing ten years in prison, in the middle of the Arizona desert. However, those years should pass quickly because of a $500,000 loot previously stashed away. New idealistic warden would only make Pitman think of getting his fortune even sooner. He starts to manipulate everyone to achieve his goal. Source material and basic storyline courtesy of IMDB www.imdb.com...

It's a known fact that Nixon watched Patton multiple times prior to escalating his military on Cambodia. So films do play an integral role in Nixon's life experiences. He is an active, dedicated movie watcher. He watches old movies, new movies. The three films he watched during the Apollo 16 mission require more analysis.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Interesting trivia on the Nixon/Patton connection, but is it really beyond plausibility that he just felt like watching a great war movie during a time where he felt himself to be a commander of men etc.?

As for TWACM, I didn't know it was a Norman Wisdom movie. For those unaware, he was a British slapstick performer from about the 40s/50s right up until he died a few years ago - kinda like a Buster Keaton/Chaplin kind of character. Though he's pretty well-known here (and, strangely, in Albania - they took his character as a representation of the working man's mishaps and ill-treatment by ruling class) I'd find it hard to think a man like Nixon would want to watch that one more than once

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've got more. Isn't there a very strong resemblance here?

edit on 6/5/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: add

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That's not "more" anything though, is it - that's just reaffirming the facts in the OP.

I've got to go to bed soon but I'll put this out in the meantime: Let's say Nixon chose to watch The Godfather because that was the night A16 was touching down on the Moon. What's the significance? Is there a scene or line he wanted to watch that night? Do we even know if he'd seen it before tonight (it premiered only in Feb. of that year) or was this his first viewing? Was it simply a hot-from-studio private copy that Dick and Co. really had to watch, or something more?

See, this is the sort of questioning needed - and that's just one of the three films (six really, if you include the Bond films you also highlighted in that list) that are supposed to have some significance other than being those watched during the Moon mission. With the "evidence" as it stands, I'm not even sure what we're meant to be "presented" with, and I especially don't often become swayed by theories where I've felt like I'm having to work at it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kolya

and knowing his paranoia for the press it was probably his idea of a joke,,

if they want too listen in,,crank it real high,,the vol. that is,,,

now as i was saying,,,

lol im not a crook,,,,,,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join