It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Drafts Plans Against Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Bush administration drafted plans to increase military pressure on Syria. Officials warn that if Syria doesn't change their policy on issues to do with Iraq, WMD and support of terrorists in the next few weeks, they would consider military measures against Damascus that would intensify in 2005.

Source
The Middle East Newsline reports: �The Bush administration has drafted contingency plans meant to increase military pressure on Syria.

Officials said that after two years of debate the White House has ordered a range of U.S. options against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad. They said the administration has determined that diplomacy failed to resolve U.S. concerns regarding Syrian policy on such issues as Iraq, weapons of mass destruction, Lebanon and support for groups deemed terrorist.

The administration has concluded that Syria has been working to destabilize the interim government in Iraq, officials said. They said the Assad regime has been harboring senior operatives of Abu Mussib Al Zarqawi, regarded as the most lethal insurgent in Iraq, aides to Saddam Hussein as well as Iraqi nuclear scientists as part of a Syrian policy coordinated with Iran.

Officials warned that unless Syria changes its policy within the next few weeks, the administration would consider economic and military measures against Damascus that would intensify in 2005. They said the Defense Department has drafted a range of military options meant to put Damascus on the defensive and encourage insurrection within Syria��

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is Syria next in line for attack by the US? US officials say that the WMD thought to be in Iraq were hidden in Syria. I believe Bush will be headed to Syria after election. Yes Bush will win, so prepare for military strikes on Syria in 2005.

Related News Links:
feeds.bignewsnetwork.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S., Syria Discuss Military Cooperation
U.S. Military Intelligence: Saddam Transferred WMD To Syria
NEWS: U.S., Syria Discuss Military Cooperation

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's funny, but if the war Bush has chosen to wage in the Middle East began with states like Syria and Jordan and demonstrated to Iran and Iraq that the US can still kick a$$ and not get sucked down into a quagmire, entering Iraq in 2005 would probably not have resulted in as much open insurgency. (Also, we could have perfected our supply and support capabilities in the region against a weaker enemy to allow for a more effectively managed effort against Iran and Iraq.)

As it is, though, Bush had an itch to scratch and only Iraq would do. We will likely leave the country in a terrible civil war (since a Dictatorship is the only effective form of government when dealing with massive ethnic and religious differences inherent in a country formed in the late 40's by the British with little concern toward the fact that such diverse groups would find no sense of national pride in being co-nationalized with bitter religious and ethnic rivals).

But hey, if they guy can't pronounce nuclear, what are the odds he believes this is spelled wrong?

sdrawkcab ssa

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Population: 17.8 million (UN, 2003)
Capital: Damascus
Area: 185,180 sq km (71,498 sq miles)
Major language: Arabic
Major religion: Islam
Life expectancy: 70 years (men), 73 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 Syrian pound = 100 piastres

Main exports: Oil, gas

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The bible says that damascus will be utterly destroyed. We no that damascus has let many of their radicals enter in to the war in iraq. That is there biggest mistake. The USA will not let the insugents win this war. To continue in this way will lead to the war on all fronts for all bible believeing people. The exstreamest believe that this war will lead them to victory and to a islamic world. We believe in life and to fight to the end for freedom. They believe that the best way to reach heven is to die for their faith as a marter even killing children. The bible say that when they kill they think they are doing Gods work but God say he does not no them. It is coming to damascus and no one will be able to stop what is about to take place for is preordained to finish the work of jesus. It has to happen to set in place the Anti-christ. Brothers and sisters in christ look up for your King is on his way. But not before many of us are slaughtered and beheaded for the name of jesus the son of God. Peace to all. One of the last day prophets

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Syria has been and will continue to be one of the biggest terror supporting nations out there...Islamic Jihad...Hamas...amounst others..openly produces chemical and biological weapons...basically...Syria is a bad place...im not saying war or invasion (not yet)...but they should be looked at just as close as Iran and N.Korea...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
the only thing i can say is It's about damn time

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm just curious where they figure the soldiers for such an undertaking are coming from. Are they going to conscript the monkeys flying from their butts? The military forces we DO have are stressed out and overworked to the point where mental illness is becoming epidemic, not to mention the thousands of wounded.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
I'm just curious where they figure the soldiers for such an undertaking are coming from. Are they going to conscript the monkeys flying from their butts? The military forces we DO have are stressed out and overworked to the point where mental illness is becoming epidemic, not to mention the thousands of wounded.

Ok...dont murder me for what Im about to say...but put it in perspective...1)most of whats going on in Iraq and Afghan isnt heavy fighting on a constant basis...2)most of the soldiers there havent been there more then a year...my point...Vietnam....WW1...WW2...the soldiers had CONSTANT and HEAVY battles for years on end...most were fine (not so much in Vietnam but thats for other reasons)...Im a bit tired of people saying that our boys are there "too long" or are "overworked"....yes...I give them vast amounts of credit....but this is what theyve signed up for...this is what all that training was for...this is why we have probably the best Military in the world...because they can do these things...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
True but when you are on extended operarations, people get tired. Mistakes are made. A fire fight may only happen once a blue moon but the stress of waiting for that to happen can often be a bad as the action itself. A year is a long time to be on an Operational tour and Urban combat is prob the most stressful and dangerous thing a Soldier will ever be called on to do. Everything seems like a potential threat every doorway holds a potential enemy.
They have been there a long time now and steps need to be made to rotate them.
Although i understand what you are saying, until you have actually experienced that kind of enviroment its difficult to grasp just how much preasure these Soldiers are under. Everytime they go out on Patrol they are in danger of attack. Where as in WW2 the battles, although bloody and deadly, very rarely lasted a full year.
Urban Combat is very different to what most US troops have been trained to deal with.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Janus]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As Ive stated before I work in Law Enforcement in NYC...so Im familiar with the training (sort of) that they recieve...I know its stressful...but I totally believe that 99% of them can do it without much of a problem...my personal opinion would be to send half the guys (gals) home and keep the rest for strictly military operations...none of this guarding bs...thats not their jobs...let the locals handle that junk...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
But would you trust the locals, who may have been infiltrated into the local police and army, watching your back whilst you go out on patrol or are asleep in the base? I wouldnt and it dosent supprise me that the US dont either.
Im an ex-Soldier myself with service in Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Croatia, Kosavo and various other dangerous and unpleasant places around Europe and Africa. After a while even though your training and dicipline count for a lot i found my self comming home after X amount of months on Ops feeling like i had been through the ringer. A lot of these guys have been there too long they need to be rotated out of Country or burn out will be the most likely result.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Of course dont trust the locals...I mean soldiers shouldnt be guarding private business as they are now...And I totally agree with you in regards to rotating soldiers...no-one should be there for an obscene amount of time...its not healthy...but a few monthes at a time is do-able...especially if youre already under an active duty contract and wasnt yanked from home as a reservest...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Agreed, a six month tour would be about right. I wasnt aware that Soldiers were guarding Private firms, that is not what they are there for. Again i agree with you on that. Soldiers are there as peace keepers not bodyguards for private companies. No wonder they are over streached.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm just curious where they figure the soldiers for such an undertaking are coming from.

I'm sure when the return of the 'Draft' next year is in place there should be plenty of troops..........

www.abovetopsecret.com... (ad infinitum)

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I believe the U.S. should not only draw up war plans against Syria.

We should also draw up plans against Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Pakistan, Nigeria, China, North Korea, Mali, Tunisia, Somalia, Senegal, Niger, Kazakhstan, Guinea, Libya, Tajikstan Turkmenistan, Chad, Ghana, Qatar, Liberia,Cyprus just to name a few.

[edit on 6/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I believe the U.S. should not only draw up war plans against Syria.

We should also draw up plans against Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Pakistan, Nigeria, China, North Korea, Mali, Tunisia, Somalia, Senegal, Niger, Kazakhstan, Guinea, Libya, Tajikstan Turkmenistan, Chad, Ghana, Qatar, Liberia,Cyprus just to name a few.

[edit on 6/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100

Whichever stooge is elected in November will impose the draft by June, 2005. We will have to have the manpower to fight a two front war according to Herr Wolfowitz's Win-Hold-Win scenerio.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Rotwang]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Damn, I feel like I just missed the DZ and landed smack dab on the back porch of the Eagle's Nest, Birchesgarten, 1942! G*d D*amnit, have we ignored all of what happened in the Second World War? Can anyone here tell me why we were fighting the Fascists and not fighting with them? Can anyone tell me why Americans joined the "Lincoln Brigade" to fight Franco in the Spanish Civil War?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This country is in serious trouble. There is already a great division among the classes. There is a great division among the parties. Would a draft to fight such a war be seen as extending the war for oil? If so what that be enough to push the people here over the edge and bring on a modern revolution? If you are going to fight for a cause why not throw out the corrupt leaders of your own country instead of worrying about everyone elses?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join