It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

That speaks of what?

Jesus wasn't a fan of divorice? Not following.

What part don't you understand in verses 4 - 6?

Matthew 19:3-6

4) And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5) And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

If Jesus was only referring to divorce in these statements, he wouldn't need to go into detail in verses 4 & 5.

He's restating what God told them about how marriage should be. Marriage should be between a male and female. He's also stating that God is the one who joined male and female together. Anything else joined together was not joined by God. God joined male and female together and stated that man should not tear this union apart, but man has done just that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Jesus didn't write the Bible any more than Harry Potter wrote any of the Hogwarts books, but they are about him, and anything of merit that was said to either of these two characters is written within their pages. Neither Harry Potter or Jesus ever took a crap in their books, but my guess is that it happened. Why wasn't it included? Not important to the message of the story.

The Hebrews wrote the bible.
You sentence here --neither Harry or Jesus ever took a crap in their books
MEANS WHAT?? Are you an anti semite?? ALSO.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As I said before, all explicit knowledge (and I do believe the Biblical message, regarding Holy Spirit and such, to contain a lot of explicit info) will be imperfectly translated.

The sad part is, it's gotten to the point where people think that if there is anything godly at all, it HAS to be Christian. Who says the Christians are right? Maybe there is a god, and the Christians don't know the first thing about it. Obviously, since Christians were the first religious sect to go global, it has to be their definition or no definition at all. That's what disappoints me.

I was thinking the other day about god...what is god, exactly? I believe a god is not the highest of high, but rather, the next step up. The next evolutionary form, if you will. As I was examining the symptoms of godliness, or rather, the symptoms all gods shared, I came to realize that the only difference between man and god is the level of creativity and awareness demonstrated.

That's the main difference. And really, I firmly believe we can overcome it. Seriously, we've shown ourselves capable of superhuman acts...who says we aren't already gods, in a sense?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I can't speak for so-called Christians or Christian Churches (as I am not bound by either), but each person who believes in Jesus Christ has their own unique relationship with him. Even those who don't believe in Him, would still have their own unique relationship with Him. Discovery is a major part of our evolutionary process... There is much good about Jesus if you can look between the lines and discover the truth about His Divinity and Power.

Pointing out how some people declare themselves as Christian and yet are filled with hypocrisy or something else you despise has nothing to do with being a disciple of Jesus or His divinity. He is the Son of God. What people do of their own free will is another matter entirely.

I know these boards are filled with alot of hate and intolerance for Christianty, which may or may not be justified. All I am suggesting is that you get to know Jesus Christ. Even people that despise Him still swear in His name.

Personally, I want Him on my side. I feel blessed and fortunate to have experienced what I have an I owe deep gratitude to HIm and honor Him as best as I can.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
First of all, like most of the people here have said, this is totally wrong, and a troll thread.

Secondly, Christianity isn't the only thing that despises homosexuality. A good deal of religions do, along with a lot of other 'clubs' as you say mockingly towards the idea of a group of people who have a belief in God (that really pissed me off, but that's not the point).

Third off, homosexuality is completely unnatural, and most of the Bible doesn't speak about it. Christianity has a lot more big issues in their beliefs, it's not all about the homos. Sorry.

I personally am a Christian, and don't agree with homosexuality, but I won't go out of my way to preform hate crimes either. I accept them as human beings, they are the ones who will have to answer for their sins, not me.

You sound like a hater... someone who is thoroughly brainwashed by the elite to hate Christianity, among other things that there is really no reason to hate (certain races, genders, sports teams, most petty things that the simple minded often get excited about, ect).

Open your damn mind a little bit. Not all Christians are the Westboro Baptist church.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by SaturnFX

interesting, I know Paul said that, but I did not know Moses did. Could you point to the passage?

What exactly? the divorce thing, or his views on marrying to begin with?

(you may be right about it being Paul being all icky over marriage to begin with. the divorce/marriage thing sometimes gets muddled up when going off the tip of my brain about who said what...will check. I know Moses gave the divorce laws..and Paul was the universe's biggest prude.)
edit on 16-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Just a little insight:

I like to think that when "God" made male and female, He/She/It actually made masculine and feminine.

When we bring these two together in harmony within one soul, it is best to not let them divide, or we will become fully male or fully female.

Balance is key.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by randyvs

As I said before, all explicit knowledge (and I do believe the Biblical message, regarding Holy Spirit and such, to contain a lot of explicit info) will be imperfectly translated.

The sad part is, it's gotten to the point where people think that if there is anything godly at all, it HAS to be Christian. Who says the Christians are right? Maybe there is a god, and the Christians don't know the first thing about it. Obviously, since Christians were the first religious sect to go global, it has to be their definition or no definition at all. That's what disappoints me.

I was thinking the other day about god...what is god, exactly? I believe a god is not the highest of high, but rather, the next step up. The next evolutionary form, if you will. As I was examining the symptoms of godliness, or rather, the symptoms all gods shared, I came to realize that the only difference between man and god is the level of creativity and awareness demonstrated.

That's the main difference. And really, I firmly believe we can overcome it. Seriously, we've shown ourselves capable of superhuman acts...who says we aren't already gods, in a sense?

I wonder if you are aware of what Christ said concerning what you just wrote. Christ said to his apostles " Ye are Gods " Good for you however you came to that conclusion ? The new testament seems to concur.

I believe this is proof that God is reproducing himself thru us.
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Tha'ts 2 words. I think you word you're looking for is homophobic and it's a bit of a generalisation. Surely they can't all be homophobic?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

In 1844, Konstantin von Tischendorf, in search of ancient copies of the Bible, entered the library of the monastery at the foot of Mt. Sinai south of Palestine. He found a Bible manuscript, now called the Codex Sinaiticus, that contained all the “New Testament.” Believed to have been written around 350 C.E., it was over six centuries older than authoritative manuscripts at the time.
The account you mentioned at John 8: 1-11 ..."He who is without sin....cast the first stone"... was not in this early manuscript. So reputable editions of the Bible have removed it or put it in a footnote to refine the Bible text.

I know it is off slightly off topic, but this fact should be understood if this spurious text is going to be used as an excuse to withhold judgment of acts previously classified as sins.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have always god, spirituality and religion are not the same.

oopps.

i meant "i have always said god, spirituality and religion differ from each other but people mistaken them or peg them onto the same catagory".

edit.
edit on 16-5-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

And what makes you think that I don't have a relationship with Jesus? Fact is I have seen to much in my life not to believe.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by tw0330
In Case People Missed my Last post, I will restate one simple thing.

He whom is without sin, may cast the first stone.

OTHERWISE

Worry about the Plank in your own eye before judging those with a speck in theirs.

Slightly off topic.
After Jesus said that
Why didn't he then stand up and cast the first stone?

Perhaps he used words as wierd as yours.

"But, there is more to that. Moses gave details on how to divorice, so its not just a divorce anyhow, but seperation through duty. The bible is filled with lots of confusing discussions overall. This is a scenario discussion "what if a storm was coming and you had a wife here and a war there and he had to choose, but there was also a stray dog on a train track..and" that sort of thing that sort of spins around in logic. "

Yeah, like Moses could stop the Oreient Express to save the dog.
Not even with a time machine LOL
LOL ljb

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

The Book of Luke was written by a Greek doctor named Luke, who was researching the Early Christians

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
reply to post by Fromabove

Wasn't it the Old Testmament that forbade homosexuality and called it an abomination? And wasn't it supposed to be that the New Testament superseded the Old Testament, according to Jesus? And did Jesus ever mention homosexuality? What was it he said about homosexuality?

Whatever you're calling yourself, it ain't Christian.

I keep seeing this come up, as if somehow Jesus had to mention something for it to be right or wrong. Just because we did not read it in the bible does not mean he had no opinion. But as I have said before, Jesus himself says he did not come to CHANGE the law. Or so it says in Matthew 5:17

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Think not that I am come ... - Our Saviour was just entering on his work. It was important for him to state what he came to do. By his setting up to be a teacher in opposition to the scribes and Pharisees, some might charge him with an intention to destroy their law, and to abolish the customs of the nation. He therefore told them that he did not come for that end, but really to fulfill or accomplish what was in the law and the prophets.

bible.cc...
Further, also in answer to another poster here, Jesus does define marriage

Matthew 19:4-6
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

www.biblegateway.com...

So that is if you are looking for statements made by Jesus....

I have already had this argument with the OP about Jesus and his intentions. He himself told us that he did not come to change the law, and the OP insisted to me that Jesus did change the law by telling the adulterous woman he did not condemn her. I fail to see any accuracy in this statement, as he may have stopped the stoning process, but he did not CHANGE the LAW, he just said anyone who has not himself sinned should be the first one to cast a stone. Notice he never even said to not cast a stone. People need to read carefully and not attach wrong meanings to things.
If one suggests that Jesus DID change the law or come to change it then we would have to call him a liar for saying he did NOT come to change the law.
Which do you want to say?

So what is the law? It is the Mosaic law and the law of the Prophets he specifically mentions. Leviticus is part of that. I have also posted that it is the Torah which states Mosaic law which was given to Moses when he led the Children of Israel out of Egypt.

Here is a statement from the Jewish Virtual Library

The Torah, or Jewish Written Law, consists of the five books of the Hebrew Bible - known more commonly to non-Jews as the "Old Testament" - that were given by G-d to Moses on Mount Sinai and include within them all of the biblical laws of Judaism. The Torah is also known as the Chumash, Pentateuch or Five Books of Moses.
The word "Torah" has multiple meanings including: A scroll made from kosher animal parchment, with the entire text of the Five Books of Moses written on it; the text of the Five Books of Moses, written in any format; and, the term "Torah" can mean the entire corpus of Jewish law. This includes the Written and the Oral Law.

Jewish tradition holds that "Moses received the Torah from Sinai," yet there is also an ancient tradition that the Torah existed in heaven not only before God revealed it to Moses, but even before the world was created.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

I also had posted that it is believed that Jesus grew up in the Essene community. Perhaps there was some enmity between the sect of Essenes and the Saduccees and Pharisees, the other two prominent sects, but it is likely that Jesus may not have felt he had to delineate the laws.
edit on 16-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
reply to post by tw0330

In 1844, Konstantin von Tischendorf, in search of ancient copies of the Bible, entered the library of the monastery at the foot of Mt. Sinai south of Palestine. He found a Bible manuscript, now called the Codex Sinaiticus, that contained all the “New Testament.” Believed to have been written around 350 C.E., it was over six centuries older than authoritative manuscripts at the time.
The account you mentioned at John 8: 1-11 ..."He who is without sin....cast the first stone"... was not in this early manuscript. So reputable editions of the Bible have removed it or put it in a footnote to refine the Bible text.

I know it is off slightly off topic, but this fact should be understood if this spurious text is going to be used as an excuse to withhold judgment of acts previously classified as sins.

I was not aware of this, but I will look it up. Thank you

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
I have always god, spirituality and religion are not the same.

By no means are they. Religion is of man. Christ is of the Father.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
First of all, like most of the people here have said, this is totally wrong, and a troll thread.

What is a "troll thread"?
The study is done by a christian organization that specifically is trying to understand how the world views christianity.
To call this a troll thread is to dismiss not only the organization in question, but also about 90% of young adults aged 18-26 as just a bunch of trolls.

might as well stick your head in the sand and call the whole world a bunch of trolls.

Secondly, Christianity isn't the only thing that despises homosexuality. A good deal of religions do, along with a lot of other 'clubs'

But this thread is about Christianity.
What the young adults, aged 18-26 think in one word about say, muslims may be even less flattering..but this isn't about that, this is about christianity.
You read the ops, right?

Third off, homosexuality is completely unnatural, and most of the Bible doesn't speak about it. Christianity has a lot more big issues in their beliefs, it's not all about the homos. Sorry.

Yet for some reason, the biggest message christianity is giving out to the young folks is a anti-homosexual message...not love, peace, or any of that
its the place where you go to hate on gays....
To me, that is a pretty big (image) problem for the christian church...is it deserved? Well, some may argue yes.

And there is gayness in the animal kingdom..therefore its not unnatural, its just uncommon.
If its in nature, it is, by definition, natural.

You sound like a hater... someone who is thoroughly brainwashed by the elite to hate Christianity, among other things that there is really no reason to hate (certain races, genders, sports teams, most petty things that the simple minded often get excited about, ect).

Open your damn mind a little bit. Not all Christians are the Westboro Baptist church.

Are you addressing me, or the 90% of young adults in the survey?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am told that quote was regarding the priests, and not just mankind in general.

However, perhaps it was because he was addressing the priests at the time?

I don't know. However, I am certain that we can become gods. We have overcomplicated the definition of the word "god"...Thor was not all-knowing, nor was Odin omnipresent. Quetzlcoatl did not create the world, and Vishnu was not prophesied to save it.

So why should any one god have all of these powers? It would seem that the Christian God is a cop-out...an easy fix to all of the hard-to-answer questions in the world.

edit on CWednesdaypm020229f29America/Chicago16 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

lol, you are correct with that.

But the thing I did like about Paul, that most people fail to see, is that if his message is from God, you know it, but if it is His Opinion, he plainly states it in his message.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join