It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team: Strange Circumstances Surround Park Disappearances (vid on link)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
some thing like this has been posted before.
I wounder how much of this is kept quiet by the Gov?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am also unable to get the 8 news video to play but, I did read the story. I also checked out the link to the organization. My question is this, were the people who left clothes in a pile found and were they naked?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yeah, this is not so much talked about in the MS... And I find this investigation very intriguing. Especially note , there seems to be similarities among some of the cases . I'll borrow Knapp's quote, "

"Major news organizations do a deplorable job of covering stories and issues which are deemed too unusual or too far outside the box. Chances are, they will find a way to trivialize or ignore the disturbing evidence accumulated by David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist. The paper trail uncovered by Paulides through sheer doggedness is impressive, the evidence indisputable. People are vanishing without a trace from our national parks and forests, yet government agencies are saying nothing. At a minimum, this story deserves space on the front page of every newspaper in the country, and it warrants a formal high level inquiry by the federal agencies whose files leave little doubt that something very strange is unfolding in our wilderness." George Knapp, Host, Coast to Coast AM

reply to post by Twilightgem

Hi Twilight,
In the OP link it stated

"Weird things happen to their clothing. The missing often shed their clothes right away, even in bad weather. Clothes are found, but not the people."

Thank you for your replies.

I also found the Lake Tahoe missing lady case interesting. No trace either...
sacramento.cbslocal.com...
edit on 13-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is a pretty interesting story, makes you wonder what's actually happening. This remind me of something i read on a website about mysteries, i cant remember what site it was, but it talked about how in Pasadena California theres a park where people mysteriously dissapear. It said that once there was a kid at summer camp who was walking back to the cabin under the supervision of the scoutmaster and when he was 5 meters away the scoutmaster turned away, the kid dissapeared. Its always caught my attention, it'd be cool to read more stories about things like this, it's really interesting.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

ET's causing this is the last thing I'd think but now there are mountain lions and maybe wolverines
and maybe even a sasquach or bigfoot involved. According to the radio show on coasttocoast not long
ago one case involved a little girl saying the wolf would not let her go..something like that..wolves don't
do that to my knowledge..ok this happened way back decades and decades ago. You can go to youtube
and click www.youtube.com... It should be pretty easy to find. Ok, I was taken along on a family trip recently..could not afford
such myself and visited a national park area..but we did not camp out in the wilderness so to speak or
do any trail hiking. At our ages we probably would not have attempted such a thing or at least most of
us would not have. I would not want to take a child young or older to these areas and take the chance
that this nightmare could occur to my family or friends. Some may laugh but the victim's families have
had their lives ruined. You can't put up cameras everywhere and it would not be practical.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by njl51

ET's causing this is the last thing I'd think but now there are mountain lions and maybe wolverines
and maybe even a sasquach or bigfoot involved. According to the radio show on coasttocoast not long
ago one case involved a little girl saying the wolf would not let her go..something like that..wolves don't
do that to my knowledge..ok this happened way back decades and decades ago. You can go to youtube
and click www.youtube.com... It should be pretty easy to find. Ok, I was taken along on a family trip recently..could not afford
such myself and visited a national park area..but we did not camp out in the wilderness so to speak or
do any trail hiking. At our ages we probably would not have attempted such a thing or at least most of
us would not have. I would not want to take a child young or older to these areas and take the chance
that this nightmare could occur to my family or friends. Some may laugh but the victim's families have
had their lives ruined. You can't put up cameras everywhere and it would not be practical.

Wild animal attacks leave behind obvious evidence. This is something else.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

Very interesting post, Flyer. Would love to have a link to this if possible. When time permits, I will search that one out . This is just baffling ! Mind boggling stuff.

Thanks for your contribution. Much appreciated.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Hi and appreciate the reply nj. There was no evidence as to wild animals in these cases.
And I'm with you on this!

I would not want to take a child young or older to these areas and take the chance that this nightmare could occur to my family or friends. Some may laugh but the victim's families have had their lives ruined. .

I agree - and feel it would be unsafe and wouldn't want to take the chance on this happening!

reply to post by smyleegrl

Good! - lookin' out. Thanks for having my back ..
Tis true.
These are UNusual cases.

ETA if you are a Mother- Hope you have a great rest of day..Happy Mother's Day to ALL you Mothers out there!

`signing off for evening..have a good one , everyone.
edit on 13-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I've tried looking for it before but havent been able to find it. It was a website about California mysteries, hopefully you'll have better luck than me and find it. I'll try looking again and ill put the link if i find it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

I'll hunt with you and try to find. I always love a challenge.. Signing off for now but will be back tomorrow... Hopefully, one of us can come up with it or similar! Appreciate ya. Have a G'day.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

"Weird things happen to their clothing. The missing often shed their clothes right away, even in bad weather. Clothes are found, but not the people."

I dont Understand why people think this strange.......when hypothermia sets in the bodies reaction make people feel hot, and they will often shed their clothes down to nothing ........

This is very common, it also doesnt have to be freezing outside or snowing or anythin glike that to succumb to it.....

Seems to me these people got lost and some chain of events started happening.......

These are national forests were talking about here, not just parks..........

You can take isolated statements and make them out to be a big mystery, but when you put them together it makes sense.....

They might not find anyting but the clothes, especially if the person succumbs to hypothermia and wanders off.......

All manner of scavengers will feed on a carcass whether its human or not, not to mention these areas are so thick, you might not ever find a body......

Im not saying there is NEVER mystery involved im just saying lets not make leaps here......

This is all coming from someone very very experienced in the mountains and survival.........
edit on 13-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

While i didnt find the website where i first saw this, i found alot of links, here's two: www.weirdus.com...
laghostpatrol.com...
Just look up Devil's Gate dissapearances on Google and you'll find alot of sites. So apparently theres a stream that passes through an outcropping that has the shape of the Devil's head and might be a portal to hell or another dimension. Besides the story of the kid i told you about, one other kid dissapeared without a trace after he ran ahead of his family while on a hike. Creepy stuff, maybe one day I'll go there since I live nearby, but not at night though.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This topic reminds me of a Coast to Coast AM show I listened to that covered these instances of odd disappearances in natl. forests. I recommend listening to the interview if the topic interests you as it goes fairly in depth and I found it to be one of the better shows/interviews of recent. Very freaky stuff.

George Knapp was joined for the full four hours by David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist, for a discussion on a series of weird and odd disappearances in U.S. national parks and forests that no one can explain. "Only the top 15 people in the Parks Service know what we are talking about," Paulides said about the hundreds of mysterious vanishings that have occurred at these locations.

Be sure not to miss parts 2, 3, and 4.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
List to the actual video... NO PLACE DOES IT SAY " GROUPS OF PEOPLE GETTING LOST TOGETHER" It says places with people lost sometimes 3-4 and sometimes up to 30 people missing, like Yosemite. Its actually a lower number of missing then in the GENERAL POPULATION.

Listen @ 1:45

****Groups of people are not being lost mysteriously****

It is a pretty large and relatively dangerous place to venture off into the woods. I have done so and have training and had to call a friend for rescue once. People panic so fast it always makes it much much worse. I know climbing bums (dirtbaggers) that would head out and never be seen from. Could be they went off route and got lodged someplace or fell out of the way.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
DOUBLE
L(
edit on 13-5-2012 by jollyjollyjolly because: double post

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
here this is something to look at very very odd

paranormal.about.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I bought the book 411-Missing.Great Book.....

Here's another podcast,and new cases......

So let’s look at an area where seven people have gone missing in the last 60 years in my home state of New Mexico. All of these missing persons happened around the Santa Fe ski resort in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains from 1951 through 2009. The first of these missing was in 1951 when two families were picnicking in the Santa Fe Ski Basin area. The three people that went missing were ages 3, 5, 7 years old. They went missing in a gorgeous spot extremely rugged with large boulders (a description of similar areas where many of the nationwide disappearances took place). As soon as the parents realized their children were missing, a massive search by about 500 people took place. And 28 hours later the children were found. The children were found at higher elevations miles from where they were last seen. When asked why they did not respond to all the lights and sounds of the massive search party, the children reportedly answered, “we were afraid you were the big gorillas.”

LINK
edit on 13-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I when old enough started thinking of her expressions and the whispering and the fact I never saw her again when I lived a short distance away, in fact i never realized there was a door back there. What if she were taken at age 3 or so and kept? She would only know what she was told to do. If i could find a girl missing that would be that age and description at that time, maybe someone still looking for her all these years...I don't see how getting information would be possible from the people there though. I would not want to go back to that place it is a source of nightmares for me.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here is a link to Paulides when he was on Rense's program - there are a few videos:

And for the Eastern US:

-S

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Or at least not until it happens to you. I guess then we'll just have to apply your own explaination to your own ( Non Mysterious ) disapearence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join