It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team: Strange Circumstances Surround Park Disappearances (vid on link)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Found this investigative report by George Knapp and Matt Adams very interesting. The investigation has revealed that some really unusual/unexplained events have happened on some of these missing person cases. Initially, I wasn't sure which forum to use for posting this thread but because of this, did choose the Paranormal forum . Because this to me... is strange, and I will consider this paranormal until otherwise! (only because of such high strangeness involved)

"People disappear in the wilderness all the time. We're talking about something different. These are unusual things that don't make sense, that happen to cluster together in three to four, sometimes as many as 20 to 30 people missing at one location," Paulides said.

The people who vanish often do so under the noses of other people. In the many cases of kids, they disappeared while with the parents.

"The ranger described to me if you were standing straight up and you just had your pants on and you melted directly into your pants. That's what it looked like to him. The pants were lying on the ground in a very neat pile." The missing defy normal search and rescue practices. Bodies are found in places that are all but inaccessible, or they are found in the open, in areas that were repeatedly searched earlier. Bloodhounds or other tracker dogs are often befuddled.

Other aspects of this mystery are even more bizarre, though difficult to explain in just a few minutes. For example, many of the vanished who are found alive are kids too young to speak or kids who can't communicate because of disabilities. Some who are found alive say they can't remember what happened to them. I

As the guy said, he didn't want to scare folk away from the park...Neither do I... But dang... I don't think I'll be heading to one anytime soon.

What about this folks? Thoughts? I've really no theory as to what could be happening but I have heard that a lot of our national parks have underground bases...
Anyway.... keep safe!
Peace and love, folks
I can't imagine having a loved one go missing like this.... How I feel for them and their families..
Anyway... mysterious subject .

www.8newsnow.com...

edit on 13-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

many of the vanished who are found alive are kids too young to speak or kids who can't communicate because of disabilities

This is anything but supernatural - it makes perfect sense even.

Still... you think the most rational and logic explanation is... "supernatural"? So why not baby-eating reptilians?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

dude Those were NOT the only cases.
... I didn't say high strangeness in EVERY case. Only the strange ones do I consider paranormal.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks for posting it. Abduction is the first thing coming to my mind (after watching the video). Hard to say the nature of the abductors. Anyway, be ready for a massive blame to the E.T.s.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Hi and Thanks for the reply, Trueman. Yeah, I can see where you are coming from... Have heard rumors on this invasion thing too.

Unfortunately, I am unable to view the OP vid at present...having assumed it's all the same in the article but if there is any additional info not in this text report , I am curious to know. Anything extra?

Appreciate ya!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

What State and what park?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Not sure of the question but the way I understand it was that they investigated a lot or all of the national parks... Some names were mentioned, places like Yosemite, the Toiyabe west of Las Vegas. Unsure still of your question.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Apparently there are "hot spots" all around the U.S.

This is from the video:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is a Great Man-Dave Paulides! He seems to be someone that really cares about what he is doing! Thanks for the connection ATS. He has a book that I plan on checking out= Missing 411

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Apollo7

Apparently there are "hot spots" all around the U.S.

This is from the video:

Very much appreciated, Chaotic!
As I am unable to watch the vid... thank you so much for this.
If there is anything else that I missed out on, I am always pleased to fill in !

Hmm.. now that's quite interesting

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Hi Apollo,
Appreciate your comments and interest as well...Gonna have to look more into Paulides!. Sounds interesting to me too. Wonder what his take is on the subject. Will be researching a bit more ..
Hmm Missing 411 .. May have to get a copy myself!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Went into the links a little further at CANAM
Here is a links page to a lot of cases that I found interesting.
www.canammissing.com...

I should mention, I agree /think it is very weird in how some of these missing folks have lost their clothes so neatly in a pile as if they had melted..... Strange... too strange.
One man disappeared , from a church group. ..and others..so be sure to check out the whole site.
Am sure there are many more to be had... So if anyone knows of more, please add.

Appreciate ya!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Grew up in the Smokey Mountains in east Tennessee. My relatives would occasionally talk about strange things that happened in the mountains...not just disappearances, either.

People do disappear under very normal circumstances, of course. Folks wander off a trail and get lost, mainly. But what is presented here.....is something else, I think.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Grew up in the Smokey Mountains in east Tennessee. My relatives would occasionally talk about strange things that happened in the mountains...not just disappearances, either.

People do disappear under very normal circumstances, of course. Folks wander off a trail and get lost, mainly. But what is presented here.....is something else, I think.

Hi, neighbor
..( Southern Mid Tn here.) That's cool - the Smokey's. Would be interesting to hear what your relatives have to offer: Please make a thread , I'd love to hear their stories.

Agreed. These are most unusual cases. Thanks for jumping in and wish to hear further from you.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Sent a message to a close ATS friend who also grew up in the mountains. Hopefully she can add more info, she knows a lot more than me.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Sent a message to a close ATS friend who also grew up in the mountains. Hopefully she can add more info, she knows a lot more than me.

I too, hope she will be able to contribute... thanks

When you said that they spoke of more than just disappearances, did you, by chance, mean that they had claimed to have seen or had spoken of some sort of creature or what? Merely curious.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

In many cases, yes. Strange creatures, lights in unusual places, sounds...

Keep in mind these are hardy mountain folk who thought nothing of walking five miles to school or to the store. They have no time and no patience for "speculation" about unknown events (at least not those I knew). Also, they were often reluctant to talk bc of fear of ridicule.

Good book to read by Juanita Baldwin. Unsolved Dissapearances in the Great Smoky Mountains. Kinda goes along with the theme of your post.

I will try to pry some info out of my relatives for you. If I start a new thread I'll let you know. Gimme a couple of days...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A man went missing some years back near us. He was hunting mushrooms with a friend, they did it the same area every year. They searched and searched and eventually they found his bucket of mushrooms strewn along and the bucket lying at the end of them, but he was never found.

I guess these guys are about money as there is no list just a book you buy. Which is sad, because I think I may have seen a missing child when I was 6-7 years old and could get no info when I tried.

I lived in gerlach Nevada 8 bars, a gas station and a store that was also a cafe and post office all in one, all it was back then before the Burning man thing.

There was one other child my age in town, and the school was in the next town Empire reached by bus a 10 min or so ride. So I knew ever kid in town.

One day I was walking home and passed the side of one of the bars, think it was Brunos which is still there only big now. A little girl came out a back door, she was dressed is a frilly dress prettier then anything i had ever see. She was blond and her hair all done in ringlets with blue bows to match her dress. I was stunned, she was so beautiful and why was she there in the back of the bar.

She asked me my name and whispered to be quiet because no one was supposed to be back there, but led me inside. Inside was a room with a frilly canopy bed and was so lovely with dolls lining the walls everything lace and perfect like a dream!
She said I had to go and I never saw her again, but as I got old enough I realized my feeling of fear and discomfort then made sense.
She was maybe couple years older then me so between 7-9 years old in about 1961-63 and the bar owner had never had a daughter going to school with us.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Very interesting smyleegrl.. again, look forward...

Found this on the Great Smoky Mountains National Park -
3 missing cases still puzzle Tennessee park officials
www.starhq.com...

and this: (another) Missing 411 site
www.nabigfootsearch.com...

Disappearances in the Great Smokey Mountains
www.websleuths.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

A man went missing some years back near us. He was hunting mushrooms with a friend, they did it the same area every year. They searched and searched and eventually they found his bucket of mushrooms strewn along and the bucket lying at the end of them, but he was never found.

That's so strange...I can only imagine what could have happened.... I appreciate your posting this: Very interesting.

I lived in gerlach Nevada 8 bars, a gas station and a store that was also a cafe and post office all in one, all it was back then before the Burning man thing.

There was one other child my age in town, and the school was in the next town Empire reached by bus a 10 min or so ride. So I knew ever kid in town.

One day I was walking home and passed the side of one of the bars, think it was Brunos which is still there only big now. A little girl came out a back door, she was dressed is a frilly dress prettier then anything i had ever see. She was blond and her hair all done in ringlets with blue bows to match her dress. I was stunned, she was so beautiful and why was she there in the back of the bar.

She asked me my name and whispered to be quiet because no one was supposed to be back there, but led me inside. Inside was a room with a frilly canopy bed and was so lovely with dolls lining the walls everything lace and perfect like a dream!
She said I had to go and I never saw her again, but as I got old enough I realized my feeling of fear and discomfort then made sense.
She was maybe couple years older then me so between 7-9 years old in about 1961-63 and the bar owner had never had a daughter going to school with us.

Wow...Now that is strange. I can see how or why you may question things now. Who knows, she could have been an abducted child...but you would think that she would have asked for help or tell you she wanted her Mommy or something??... Still very interesting... she could have been scared enough not to say a word and at the same time lonely? Yeah weird... thanks for sharing..... Is there anyway for you to go back ...to investigate the times or people?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join