It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Only because you made a claim that you can't back up.

About him gaining some type of support? That is not a claim. That is a fact. And like I said I doubt he is supporting this issue from the kindness of his heart...There has to be something in it for him.
edit on 9-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Only because you made a claim that you can't back up.

What can't be backed up?

The largest two voting segments are traditionally centralist (soft left, soft right) and the undecided.

Obama's statement falls beautifully into both categories. He gives a 'personal opinion' than rejects any responsibility by delegating it to the States.

That gives him the opportunity to swing in which ever direction is most relevant closer to when the actual election occurs.

This was genius on his, and his campaign manager's, parts.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Mine have on same sex marriage...I admit it...when it first started being talked about I thought homosexuals were being a bit dramatic and just trying to poke their finger in the church's eye. But then I heard more and more about it...about legal issues, about taxation issues, about estate issues and ultimately I did realize it was an equality issue.

That right there and if that all marriage has been reduced to then that is just sad.

Money?

Meh!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
To be honest, I never thought he supported gay marriage, I don't think he does now, all politically motivated.
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Mine have on same sex marriage...I admit it...when it first started being talked about I thought homosexuals were being a bit dramatic and just trying to poke their finger in the church's eye. But then I heard more and more about it...about legal issues, about taxation issues, about estate issues and ultimately I did realize it was an equality issue.

That right there and if that all marriage has been reduced to then that is just sad.

Money?

Meh!

When it comes to government involvement with Marriage...it is a legal issue.

If you don't want the government involved with Marriage...don't get a Marriage license and don't enjoy any of the benefits...ANYONE can do that.

BUT...if the government is going to offer some benefits for being marriage...they must do it for everyone...equality.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So what?

Any adult who can adopt and can be appointed legal guardian has the same tax breaks as straight couples.

All the I's dotted and their T's cross so what is the issue?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

A 15 trillion dollar debt,a Housing market that will not recover for a generation,88 million Americans out of work or under employed, over 100 million Americans living off taxpayer dime.

They wanna talk about LGBT talk bout priorities being out of whack.

Like I say, it always boils down to homosexuality and abortion, and how you stand on the issue.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I could care less if Gays get married or not. It should be legal. I just wish they were not attention whores who want special treatment and center stage all the time as if sexual orientation qualified them for special treatment. Nobody worth your time cares what your sexual orientation is. I'm not talking to the real Gays who never do that, just the kids in adult bodies screaming for attention. Go see your Mommies.

Having said that, Obama cannot be trusted.

Obama is on the record as always being opposed to Gay Marriage. The Black community is opposed to it and I imagine he just said that all along to pander to the Black vote and now he sells them out at the drop of a hat. He'll get away with it too. People are that dumb.
edit on 5/9/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
To honest, I never thought he supported gay marriage, I don't think he does now, all politically motivated.

Just do a Google and you will find him multiple times "affirming" his opposition to Gay Marriage. He's the most dishonest person in the White House since Nixon. Bush was a Saint in comparison.

It's easy, he knows the Black community is against Gay Marriage and always has been. He knows he gets the Black Vote either way. So he lies to get the Gay Vote. It's obvious to most people I think, but he knows his supporter are OK with dishonesty as long as they get handouts.

To others:

Everyone knew yesterday he would end up doing this and it was predicted. You who happen to be Gay, do a Google search and don't fall for his lies. He's on tape many times flatly stating he is opposed to Gay Marriage and for Domestic Partnerships. He was either lying then or now. Do Gay's vote for liars? We shall see.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

His pandering is so obvious, for someone to believe it isn't pandering, they would have to be totally lying to themselves.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here comes the same sex hyperbole!
Always an effective distraction to get the populace riled up!

I just keep wondering though, how this so-called pro-gay stance is gonna play in this "mass arrest" coming soon! Wooohoo!

BTW Obama is so fake!

edit on 9-5-2012 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Classic sleazy poltics think Obama gives a crap about the LBGT yeah he does your cash

President Barack Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage carries a political cost, but it also means floods of cash from wealthy gay donors and disillusioned young people eager to be inspired by him again.

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Blaine91555

His pandering is so obvious, for someone to believe it isn't pandering, they would have to be totally lying to themselves.

Well, unfortunately many love to lie to themselves obviously! The world over is just conditioned to LIES and DECEPTION!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

ABC News has only released one brief clip of Obama's conversation about gay marriage today, but it seems fairly clear from the network's coverage that his announcement amounts to much less than meets the eye. He now believes that gay couples should be able to marry. He doesn't believe they have a right to do so. This is like saying that black children and white children ought to attend the same schools, but if the people of Alabama reject that notion—what are you gonna do?

gawker.com...#-gay-marriage-announcement#13366064585933&[

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Congrats to you OP, for cheering our President pandering to a voting block of roughly 6%-8% of this country to pick up extra votes. Big accomplishment for him, given that he had different thoughts 4 years ago.

I'm even more "Liberal" on this issue than Obama has been, and I'm a dreaded Ron Paul supporter.

We have people out of work, out of their homes, endless debt, hawking possessions for GAS MONEY and working two jobs to pay for a dung heap apartment and on the verge of roasting road kill for dinner.

The Gay Marriage issue is lame. I could give a crap about it myself.

But Obama can't run on much else nowadays, can he. It seems he thinks he's going to ride into a second term by playing it safe and pandering to the "Liberals", the poor, the black community, etc.

All the while being a flaming Fascist CREEP who has done almost NOTHING given the power the President has and a Democratic Senate. He has done NOTHING but charge the credit card more and pretend he saved us from the 'brink' with bailouts. Oh and the Bin Laden thing, which is laughable.

He's a politician, not a leader. He's a creep and a liar. And now he's pandering for votes just in time.

If this isn't transparent to people then there's way too much fluoride in the water.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

State Rights eh?

The audio is real low on the video.

here is the caption:

Uploaded by deltaman099xyz on Aug 20, 2008

At the Saddleback Civil Forum, Barack Obama addressed his definition of marriage.

While he said he believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, he also said that he would not support a Constitutional definition of marriage as so.

His argument is that marriage has not been defined by the federal government, traditionally. He said that it is up to the states to decide

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yep and several states tried to decide their own laws for immigration and yet he saw fit to override that.

He's a liar.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
He just wants to be re elected.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

But Obama can't run on much else nowadays, can he.

Nah...only on a economic recovery, moving healthcare reform forward (regardless if there is a set back...the entire conversation has now moved forward and people won't go back to status quo), a strong foreign policy, saving the American auto industry, helping out the working class during the recession, and finally getting America's boogeyman of the past decade.

But you are right...he has nothing to run on

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

Yep and several states tried to decide their own laws for immigration and yet he saw fit to override that.

He's a liar.

Because immigration is a federal matter...not a state one.

You keep saying he is a liar...yet you are just spreading lies yourself.

I'm not even sure you know what a "liar" is. Now if Obama had said that he has always supported same sex marriage...that would be a lie. But he didn't do that...he admitted that his views have changed.

See the difference there skippy???
edit on 9-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join