It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact: In our whole lives, we humans have never seen what an object looks like!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This thread is completely wrong. Black does not reflect light. Thus we actually see black objects and not the light reflecting from them. WE even see black, as black, no matter the color of light which is available.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

lol that makes more sense

this thread is about perception right so lets talk about that

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I was only using red as an example .
Choose any colour . My theory will still be plausible

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Black is the color of objects that do not emit or reflect light in any part of the visible spectrum; they absorb all such frequencies of light. Although black is sometimes described as an "achromatic", or hueless, color, in practice it can be considered a color, as in expressions like "black cat" or "black paint".

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't say something is "wrong" without providing some evidence that it is wrong. Well, unless you just want stars or something.

Black is the absense of light...

And none of this changes the FACT that we process sight in the brain, and therefore never really see anything. Other than a movie played in the visual center in the back of the brain. Same goes with touch, I don't feel with my fingers I feel with my brain. I don't smell with my nose, I smell with my brain.

When someone farts, my nose doesn't think "This smells bad". When I stare at the sun, my eyes don't know to stop, my brain does.

EDIT (To Laugh!)
Wiki made me laugh, their "example picture" of black...
edit on 5/12/2012 by adigregorio because: Ha!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

I was only using red as an example .
Choose any colour . My theory will still be plausible

No, it is not. My brother mixed brown smarties with red smarties, that is how my parents realized that my brother was colorblind.

Red is not just one red. When you are young you are taught there are 7 colors but when you grow up you notice that there are many different greens.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by dawnprince

That's not true, my brother cannot see red, red looks like brown and brown looks like green. He used to have a bone handed knife when he was a child and he always thought it was green, as he became older he realized that bone cannot be green! He hated my parents putting brown shoes on him, they didn't realize that he hated wearing 'green' shoes!
My parents found out he was color blind when they asked him to sort smarties (colored sweets) into color groups, he mixed the colors.
If a color blind person could be shown what red always looks like my brother would not have been turned away from the career he wanted in the Royal Navy.

All theories are flawed because a theory is not truth. You theory was based on no experience, you just pretended that you had two children, one with colorbindness and one without. I have experienced this senario firsthand.

im colour-blind in that spectrum too,But not to that extent,
I always played foul shots in snooker,Its true

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I thought you were female with your name being maryhinge.
Color blindness is passed from father to daughter (who carries the gene but does not have colorblindness), she passes it to her son. Some females have colorblindness but it is rare.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You obviously haven't grasped what I'm trying to say. It has nothing at all to do with colour blindness .

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
reply to post by ANOK

Fair enough I suppose , but you have forgotten one very important factor ...... Colour blindness .

Now have two children ( one of them being unknowingly colour blind ) and explain to them that every time they see a specific colour ( again we will use red as an example) they will always associate it with red . Both will undoubtedly be able to pick out anything red from that moment on , b ut neither will actually be seeing the same colour .

Even the greatest of theories can be flawed

This post that you have posted IS about colour blindness and then in your last post you say it has nothing to do with colour blindness.
My brother was shown what red smarties look like and he was shown what brown smarties look like and he still mixed them.
Colour blind people are restricted in which career they can do because of colour blindness. Colour blindness is not curable by explanation of colour charts.
If what you are trying to say is not about colour blindness please tell me what you are trying to say.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join