It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Buys Island, lives on it for 50 years, happy and healthy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I wish this was an easy thing to do but unfortunately it's almost impossible in today's world. They have us trapped and there's mo way to get off the grid.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Importing women probably wouldn't be all that hard.
Growing them... you know how that works.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Side note: The man is 86years old, but looks 50!

50?

So, You would ask for Brendon's ID if he were trying to get the senior discount at the Old Country Buffet?

Bravo to Mr. Grimshaw for not selling out to the billionaires who wanted his little slice of paradise.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
LOL! i LOVE this!!! Id do it in a heartbeat.
I dropped out of everything a few yrs ago and became a recluse, just because I wanted to. I had no trauma or anything silly, I was just sick of all of the nonsense and had the means to do it. For me and my personality, it was very suitable. I enjoyed it a lot actually and was able to dive into some academic things I enjoyed and mess with things I like to do that dont require others. Recently Ive gotten back into "society" , got involved with city youth, got involved with my city govt, and Im tellin ya, Im ready to drop out again.
Maybe its another one of my quirks, of which there are many, but I cant STAND people just taking my time on a whim or assuming I want them to come over and bother me for no reason. An island would not even ensure that wouldnt occur. LOL!
Believe it or not, you CAN make an island for yourself and you dont need acreage or a retreat.. I call it a state of mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
What an inspiration, thanks! What a way to leave society behind and simply live life to the fullest. No degrees, no status, no money, no commercials around washing his brain. No products of society to infect him with their stress, anger, and life full of worries.

Freedom.

I wish we could all do that and start living the way we should.

He has to have some money. The article said he has water and electric piped i now. I wonder how much that cost? He obviously has/had some cash reserves.

The wiki article says its part of a reserve, I bet he gets some gov'mt money for helping take care the island.

Still awesome! I would love to be able to do it.
edit on 27-4-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I would be gone in a Michigan Minute if I had a chance... I'm done with this current , excentence if that choice was in front of me..

I'd give everyone that I know and love a one way ticket.. when they are ready to join me.

I really don't need much... Just what I desire.. very little is alot!!

Jesse

edit on 27-4-2012 by jessemole because: (no reason given)
What else.. spelling...
edit on 27-4-2012 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
How does one grow/import women?

Erm, just take one with you!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In the video, he looks his age. He doesn't look 50 at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Be he is happy.. Look at he men in the streets.. there is age there!

I'm certain he will live longer then most..
Just my thought!

I feel the life in this world is currently draining me.

It would be like a thousand pounds off my back... to be there!

With no regrets!

Be wise! Be well!!

Jesse

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Moyenne Island is certainly the most beautiful island in the bay of Victoria thanks to Brendon Grimshaw,René Lafortune and their Seychellois friends, who turned by enormous efforts a waterless rocky island into a paradise. Together they planted almost 16,000 trees on the island.

In a brochure of the now establishedm Moyenne Island Foundation is written: Moyenne, a privately-owned island, is by nature a wild park with accessible paths passing through lush vegetation including two thirds of all endemic palms, trees and shrubs to be found in Seychelles.

Bit more info www.seychelles-paradise.de...

edit on 27-4-2012 by AstroD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
How does one grow/import women?

Blowup doll

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What a beautiful place.

There's quite a few pictures of the island on Google Earth, seems like more than just this old man frequent the island.

If I could afford an island I would buy one, I've always dreamed of owning my own island it would be absolutely amazing, maybe I'll win the lottery someday, if not, well I'll always have my dreams..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

so i am to assume this guy had some money to begin with. Or does he grow his own rice to give to his reptiles??

maybe he gets funded by some animal conservation organization

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

The guy is 86 years old and lived most of his life there. Pirate waters! You think he looks that young because he worries about pirate. You watch too much TV.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why would the guy be photoshopped onto a picture of his own island property?

I like the rest of the pictures in the linked source, though.

Sure would be nice to have a chance at living like that.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My partner and I talk about this all the time. "We NEED to raise enough capital to buy and island, move there, and remove ourselves from society"

The only thing that gives us pause is the thought of how awful natural disasters could be on your own private island lol

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The island is (according to wikipedia) "the smallest National park in the world, harbouring more species per square foot than any other part of the world".
But the owner is very afraid for the future of the island, because he has no children and the rich investors that want to build hotels on it are lining up to buy the place after he dies.

There is even a free documentary available about the guy and his island, called "A grain of Sand".
vodo.net...

(a trailer vimeo.com...)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Easy, get a few celebrities to come party with you and then sink the boat that they came on.

Dude, coupled with your avatar image, along with this single statement, made me spew coffee onto the monitor.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
guy DOES NOT LOOK 50 ,...he looks his age..he could easily make it to 100 though

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
There would definitely be sacrifices but it could be well worth it. I would be worried for defense. If pirates or drug lords stopped by he'd be screwed. I also doubt he can sew his own clothes or provide doctor/surgery services.

he lives on his own island, he isn't a prisoner on one.

i'm sure he has a boat and goes to the mainland on the weekends.

you don't have to go to the extreme an be a hermit.
edit on 27-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join