It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
First...Yes I am a smoker. Since a thread I posted about 8 Months ago I have been cutting down drastically and am now almost done. I hope I'm not too late.

So I thought I'd remind the smokers out there just what we're dealing with. Look into the mirror of your possible future...And think about these "Reminders" the next time you light up.

This is my pack of cigarettes I bought today...

This is what many people have to look forward to...

Still wanna light up?

Peace

ETA: More of those beautiful ads here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
These pictures are from a box? They are a lot better than the warning label here in the USA which most people are too illiterate to read anyway..

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
And that is why I switched to using an Electronic cigarette...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Blah,and I'm smokin the native's smoke's for the cheap kill.....I have cut down too lately(i'm a liar)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

this is another reason why i switched to electronic smokes or ecigs....

It took a bit of getting use to, but i found a style i liked with juices i love and the amount of nicotine i need...

Granted its not for everyone, but i quite enjoyed smoking, i also dipped.......i got my ecig 2nd of November....

I havent touched cigs or dip since.........

i can smell again, i can smoke anywhere, i can run with no problems.........this thing has been great........

I recently had a checkup, my BP is down and doc says my lungs sound much better.....

i recommend this to anyone, i know it sounds hokey but it works, and its damn far better for you then all the carcinogens in cigarettes.......

if anyone is interested feel free to message me and ill provide any info you need

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yes. I wanna light up right now.

I really do.

I cant though, Im at work.

Soooooo a bunch of cancer pictures.

Let me ask you this.

Do you actually know anyone that has died because of smoking?

I have not.

But I know plenty, lots and lots, that have died of cancer.

but not because they smoked.

Cancer IMO is gonna get you if you like it or not.

Whers my ciggy!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
havent smoked since my sibling was diagnosed with cancer, unless 1 single clove (Djarum) cig per month counts

ironically, my sibling smokes throughout chemo which says alot about "addiction" and how some may view their "health".

i really don't understand how people can go more than like a pack a week or so - hello - moderations?!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
These pictures are from a box? They are a lot better than the warning label here in the USA which most people are too illiterate to read anyway..

The top one is my actual pack.

Nice huh?

Peace

edit on 20-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Did you here about that guy who got his face burned off from one of those...I think there was a thread about it way back when

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

edit on 20-4-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: double posted while lighting a smoke

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If you can quit you will not regret it, but if you continue don't you think someday you will look back and think????

I posted this thread earlier today:U.S. Backs Antismoking Campaign..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I can't speak for their effectiveness in general but they are what really caused me to stop. Just having to look at pics like these every-time you light up makes you constantly think of the consequences. In a way, your ignorance of the effects of smoking is denied, and you just can't ignore it anymore.

These Australian ones were from my fav brands..
4.bp.blogspot.com...
www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au...

But boy do they get worse...
1.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 20-4-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You know, in all respect....I am sick of this.....Shock ads were good 20-30 years ago when everyone smoked and didn't know.....However, I am honestly sick of it, the society we live in KNOWS what smoking can do....I smoke, I am well educated, and I choose to do it....because seriously, after a ton of personal crap, I decided to pick it back up, as a release. I choose to do it, just like you choose to post this thread. Well, go read all the other threads of everything else in this lovely world that will kill us without choice. Sorry, but this is a worthless thread, those of us that smoke, choose to, we knowingly decided to......focus on the crap that will kill us that we have no control over, and stop trying to 'educate' the masses with crap like this. Graphic pictures of STD's didn't work in the army when they tried to scare us away from sex, we still decided to have sex through free will. Your thread is worthless, redundant and completely pointless......This is a community of free thought, and you are trying to impress others with your values. That is absolutely no different than the old ads that made pot smokers out to be lunatics under the influence. I have met a lot of people that have had friends die of lung cancer, but never one that met anyone that knew anyone that had tongue cancer, or as the current adds portray, loosing a foot due to smoking. We know it is bad, it is written on the pack for pete's sake, our society is fully aware of the consequences of smoking, yet we still choose to do it. What you just did is a feeble attempt at bullying, use fear to make someone else change, shame on you.

edit:......each to their own, and rarely does a man (or woman) able to choose the manner of their passing....it isn't like we can smoke in public anymore, so let us kill ourselves in peace.
edit on 20-4-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
do they have any visual warnings with hardening of the arteries,

or heart attack or stroke? to me that's the main wake-up call how dangerous all the chemicals in addition to nicotine are.

sucks as it is, even if u don't smoke, the air we breath in most cities worldwide, counts as smoking about 1/2 a pack or more, per day.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Did you here about that guy who got his face burned off from one of those...I think there was a thread about it way back when
Yeah, that was from a "Blu" brand E-Cig and was a defective one. That was one of the first ones I bought but returned it because... well it sucked, didn't give me the sensation of smoking at all. Plus I found better, more reliable, and user re-fillable models.

Been using my E-cig for 4 years now without any problems. I can safely say that they work well as long as you make a point to stick with it and not go back to the cancer sticks.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

No the battery exploded......not sure what kind he had.......but it was isolated i havent heard very many of these happening and even at that rate...........what are the odds and incidences compared to the alternative....

Most ecigs now have an auto shut off switch to keep them from over heating......

Also if you read up on them its pretty easy to find out which batteries and attatchments are compatible with your current configuration.......

Its a lot of information but really not that hard........

I find i enjoy it more than i did smoking actually...........and if im ever really ready to quit smoking.....i can wean myself off by gradually reducing my nicotine concentration in the juices themselves.......

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ouch, scary stuff man. I didn't know about the whole tongue cancer thing, that's gross.

I've got to sound off on the electronic cigarettes too. They helped me quit after 17 years. Sure, we don't know all of what's in them yet and, last I heard, it was still an unregulated international market. Either way, it helped me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I bought a couple packs when I was in Canada for the novelty. Lots of lungs and premature babies.
Macdonalds was the brand I purchased when I was there I believe. All the Canadians cigarette packs are like clove packs in the US.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

No the battery exploded......not sure what kind he had.......but it was isolated i havent heard very many of these happening and even at that rate...........what are the odds and incidences compared to the alternative....

Most ecigs now have an auto shut off switch to keep them from over heating......

Also if you read up on them its pretty easy to find out which batteries and attatchments are compatible with your current configuration.......

Its a lot of information but really not that hard........

I find i enjoy it more than i did smoking actually...........and if im ever really ready to quit smoking.....i can wean myself off by gradually reducing my nicotine concentration in the juices themselves.......
I agree, I find E-cigs more enjoyable than smoking regular cigarettes. You can get them in a bunch of different flavors and you can get specific nicotine levels. I've gone from using the 24mg (high nicotine) when I first got mine, to 11mg of nicotine, and my next order will be with no nicotine. Then I will have to choose to either just keep using it with no nicotine, or find a way to break the psychological addiction to the hand movement and 'smoking'.

And yeah, the guy who had the "Blu" e-cig, the battery exploded due to a manufacturers defect I believe.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm a smoker too. The warnings here in Australia on cigarette packets are just as graphic.
Personally, I love smoking (I go through around 25 smokes a day). I know it's damaging, but to be honest I'm not really that bothered by it.
Having said that, I'm only 30 and I'm sure if I was to became a father or something, then I would cut down/quit pretty quickly.
After a long day at work, a few beers and a smoke feel like a gift from the gods!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join