It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pssst...Hey Smokers...Wanna See Something Cool?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Thats awesome man congrats..........

I hope this isnt off topic but what kind are you using now?

I started out with the EgoT tank system and have now moved to the Omega V1.1 with cartotank....

Love that thing, i smoke on it all day, battery lasts about two before charge and i only have to refil the tank like once every two days......

Considering i use to smoke two packs a day and about a can and a half of chew a week.........lol its WAAAAAY cheaper

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncents
Sure, we don't know all of what's in them yet and, last I heard, it was still an unregulated international market. Either way, it helped me.

E-Cig fluid consists of:

Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin (both of which have been extensively studied and found to be non toxic)
Nicotine
& flavoring

That's it.

And propylene glycol is NOT antifreeze. I've had tons of people try to tell me that the E-cig fluid is made of antifreeze but they're just a bunch of morons. Antifreeze is mostly Ethylene Glycol, not Propylene Glycol.

I started with a Blu, but like I said before I returned it rather quickly, then I found a place in my town that sold Joye 510's when they first came out, then switched to the Ego, then the Ego-T, then the Nove, and now back to the Ego because I find it's the easiest to deal with in terms of parts and cleaning.
edit on 4/20/2012 by ArrowsNV because: added a bit

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

My grandma said she quit by having a white pencil handy,tucked in the ear or hanging out of her mouth for a spell.She said it was more of a habit than an addiction back then.....better chemicals these days to mind warp a person I suppose

edit on 20-4-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I quit smoking over 8 months ago with the help of this website
forums.about.com...

This website has everything you could ever want to know about quitting and the support that is needed to succeed.

The tags at the top of the page labled Smoking Cessastion, Health Risks, How to Quit, and After Quitting have all the information you need to know.

Here is the Thread I made last August after I quit
I Quit Smoking, Here Is My Story

It was hard and I still think about smoking sometimes and I have random dreams where I am smoking but it is well worth it. I feel a hundred times better now than I did when I smoked.
edit on 20-4-2012 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
And the top pic is true....I was diagnosed with bladder cancer 2 years ago. Blood in urine is indeed the first sign. I was a 2 pack a day smoker, until the day I got my diagnosis.

After surgery, I switched to an e-cig. I will never light up a cigarette again. I had to go have my bladder checked (a very invasive procedure) every 3 months for 2 years, and now go every 6 months for 5 years. It's not pleasant, but at least I am alive. My doctors say it almost always returns. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

If you value your health and your life, crumple the pack, throw it away and never look back. Quit damaging your body. I was lucky....mine could be fixed. Lighting a tiny trash fire 4 inches from my nose was the stupidest thing I have ever done. Never again!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow, looking at those pictures just made me light a smoke! That crap doesn't scare me. I heard just the other day that if you eat more than a few hot dogs a year you have a 30% higher chance of getting prostate cancer. Good god, now hot dogs are gonna kill me?? Oh and I also heard that "heavy drinkers" live longer. Seriously people, that was on MSNBC.........heavy drinkers live longer!!! Can we get a grip and finally realize that sitting in rush hour traffic is gonna kill us sooner than a damn cig! Peace and exhale the sweet stink of my smoky treat.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by jude11

You know, in all respect....I am sick of this.....Shock ads were good 20-30 years ago when everyone smoked and didn't know.....However, I am honestly sick of it, the society we live in KNOWS what smoking can do....I smoke, I am well educated, and I choose to do it....because seriously, after a ton of personal crap, I decided to pick it back up, as a release. I choose to do it, just like you choose to post this thread. Well, go read all the other threads of everything else in this lovely world that will kill us without choice. Sorry, but this is a worthless thread, those of us that smoke, choose to, we knowingly decided to......focus on the crap that will kill us that we have no control over, and stop trying to 'educate' the masses with crap like this. Graphic pictures of STD's didn't work in the army when they tried to scare us away from sex, we still decided to have sex through free will. Your thread is worthless, redundant and completely pointless......This is a community of free thought, and you are trying to impress others with your values. That is absolutely no different than the old ads that made pot smokers out to be lunatics under the influence. I have met a lot of people that have had friends die of lung cancer, but never one that met anyone that knew anyone that had tongue cancer, or as the current adds portray, loosing a foot due to smoking. We know it is bad, it is written on the pack for pete's sake, our society is fully aware of the consequences of smoking, yet we still choose to do it. What you just did is a feeble attempt at bullying, use fear to make someone else change, shame on you.

edit:......each to their own, and rarely does a man (or woman) able to choose the manner of their passing....it isn't like we can smoke in public anymore, so let us kill ourselves in peace.
edit on 20-4-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

Get off your soap box and read the OP again.

I AM A SMOKER!!!!

If I was not, I would agree with your rant but since I am, I have every single right to post what I want on the subject.

I am choosing to quit, you are not. Don't really care.

Don't like it? Leave the thread. Simple.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ugh... those pics are disgusting and they look like STD's not cigarette related. In any case I am not going to be disgusted out of smoking, (Those people have other problems then smoking) if I decide to quit I will do it on my own terms and I don't want to quit damn it. I don't care what anybody says or thinks about it, it's my choice.

If they start doing that on packs I will get a case and discard the packs. I don't want to see that crap. But it's not gonna scare me away from something I enjoy.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree with Frankenchrist...

Whether you smoke or not is beside the point...
I had an uncle who died at the age of 30 due to lung cancer. He never smoked nor drank.
Yet my Grandfather smoked and drank from the age of 14 and died at 81.

It doesn't matter what you do, if you get cancer you get cancer. End of story.
I think it's easier to say a smoker died due to smoking than to say he died of some cancer unrelated to smoking.
This is why when you get a check up the first thing that is asked is if you smoke or not... Scapegoat.....
Call it irresponsible if you want but that's my view.......

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I have lost 2 family members very close to me because of what smoking brought about.. And still never got to meet my grandpa on my fathers side because he was gone long before I came along..and yes I believe his lung cancer was brought about by smoking cigarettes, and cigars, no doubt. But its life, people can do what they want.
But to deny the posters pictures and reasoning because YOU do not know of anyone who has died from smoking personally, does not mean it is not true or doesnt happen.
I used to smoke too, until I did this.. Go grab a napkin next time youre smoking and exhale every time through that napkin..See how fast that napkin turns brown/black in one cigarette, all those nice chemicals and toxins the filter didnt catch. Just do it for a fun experiment next time you smoke to see what you want so bad inside your body at work.
Sometimes I feel bad for smokers because they literally 'crave' to kill themselves a little more atleast a few times a day, knowingly putting harmful chemicals in their systems and of those around them. But every one is entitled to do with their body as they please.. Both my parents and quite a few friends, coworkers smoke but I do not condemn. Just warn, that it is more serious than a temporary buzz. I have literally lost family members to a life of smoking. I hope you never know what that feels like.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by jude11

this is another reason why i switched to electronic smokes or ecigs....

It took a bit of getting use to, but i found a style i liked with juices i love and the amount of nicotine i need...

Granted its not for everyone, but i quite enjoyed smoking, i also dipped.......i got my ecig 2nd of November....

I havent touched cigs or dip since.........

i can smell again, i can smoke anywhere, i can run with no problems.........this thing has been great........

I recently had a checkup, my BP is down and doc says my lungs sound much better.....

i recommend this to anyone, i know it sounds hokey but it works, and its damn far better for you then all the carcinogens in cigarettes.......

if anyone is interested feel free to message me and ill provide any info you need

I'm in the same boat. With e-cigs I have been cig free for 1 year and 4 months. I was a really heavy smoker towards the end and smoked for 7 years since I was 15. Love the juices, next step is stopping the ecigs and being 100% nicotine free.
edit on 20-4-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Again, with all due respect, offering an alternative vantage.....for decades, the anti-smoking campaign was lung cancer....only thing i or anyone i know has ever experienced with smokers, maybe a case of throat cancer, but rare.....very rare for smokers, more common with dippers/chewers.......Where did this new campaign of smoking being the root of all these other evils come from?.....seriously, how in the world do you know that the blood in your urine was from smoking and not from something in your water, ie, tons of links on this very site that offers evidence linking compounds in drinking water to cancer.....which really would be more logical to bladder cancer than smoking, which goes to the lungs then to the blood and eventually hits the liver.....then later on to the bladder....just kinda a stretch to associate toxins that enter through the lungs with cancer at the other end, vs toxins entering in liquid form going pretty much straight to the bladder. ~shrug~....live in the dark and blame it on the easy target.....however, having a wife that has severe medical issues, every doctor she has seen has come up with an 'excuse' to her problems but never a cause let alone a solution......

link   
I'm happy to say that as of Saturday night, I will be 7 weeks clean. Zero nicotine, zero toxins. Feels great to have quit cold turkey! Good luck to you. These shock ads are just what some people need to help them quit. I like the new commercials too where the people are talking with their voice boxes.

When I was in Mexico last year, their cigarette packs had all sorts of disturbing pictures orinted on them. One was a fetus lying in a pile of cigarette butts and another of a kid crying at his dads hospital bedside. I was like wtf??
edit on 20-4-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

link   
The next thing you know they will put images of cancer that is caused by BBQ.

Its gonna get so bad we wont even be able to eat.

Or should I say..

We wont be able to eat what we want.

Just big bowls of PINK SLIME.

Because the government says its good for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

To be honest that is a very irresponsible opinion. But only to second you since you came to that conclusion first. I find it silly to admit the first thing they ask you is if you smoke, but then to deny it plays a role in cancer? To say 'Oh Well, Im going to get Cancer anyway, somehow, so smoke it up!' is a very ridiculous way to live! But that is just my opinion of what a sad outlook that is on life. It like some one saying, I know these kill me, but I am going to die anyways so lets bring it about quicker and add some unecceassary pain on the side! I do find smokers will always try to deny the fact it causes Cancer, but it DOES. No one is telling you to quit smoking, just caring enough to let you know the true side effects. Do not deny facts because it does not ade your agenda, (like a politician) these things the poster stated is true. No matter what anyone unknowledgeable on the effects says.
But hey if anyone wants the mindset, Im going to die anyways, get cancer anyways blah blah so I dont need to quit nor listen. Does not bother me one bit, because if you know and still do so no one can help you. You are just successully helping depopulate the world and those around you.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by jdb51

Again, with all due respect, offering an alternative vantage.....for decades, the anti-smoking campaign was lung cancer....only thing i or anyone i know has ever experienced with smokers, maybe a case of throat cancer, but rare.....very rare for smokers, more common with dippers/chewers.......Where did this new campaign of smoking being the root of all these other evils come from?.....seriously, how in the world do you know that the blood in your urine was from smoking and not from something in your water, ie, tons of links on this very site that offers evidence linking compounds in drinking water to cancer.....which really would be more logical to bladder cancer than smoking, which goes to the lungs then to the blood and eventually hits the liver.....then later on to the bladder....just kinda a stretch to associate toxins that enter through the lungs with cancer at the other end, vs toxins entering in liquid form going pretty much straight to the bladder. ~shrug~....live in the dark and blame it on the easy target.....however, having a wife that has severe medical issues, every doctor she has seen has come up with an 'excuse' to her problems but never a cause let alone a solution......

Ok,

This we can agree on. We are really just normal people going about our daily lives and most of us don't have the science or medical background to prove or disprove the effects of a cigarette on the human body. We have to go with what we believe.

Here's what I do know. I feel run down, out of breath, tired and a slave to a market that makes me feel that way. By slave I mean as an addict.

Am I dieing? Not that I know of. Do I have cancer?...same.

We just have to make our own choices based on what we believe and what we want to do about those beliefs I guess.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Actually, you are right...I DON'T know that smoking was a direct cause of my bladder cancer, but I was told it was because of the toxins from the chemicals in the cigarettes (benzidine and 2-naphthylamine) sitting in your bladder (where you excrete the toxins from your body) that causes the cancer. Tobacco smoking is the main contributor to bladder cancer, contributing to half the cases of bladder cancer in men, and 1/3 in women. Whatever it was, I can breathe easier (I had developed a "smokers cough", which is now gone), have much more energy, and there is no blood in my urine!

I used to hate reformed smokers too, but I honestly feel so much better now that I have quit. If you want to continue to smoke, fine. But how about a little thumbs up for those of us that have chosen to go through life without smelling like an ashtray!
edit on 20-4-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I hate to burst anyone's bubble and I certainly do encourage everyone to stop smoking but..... most of the shock pictures and videos I see..... I see in real life individuals on my job in health care and most of those patients never smoked.

In other words.... smoking is certainly not good for us but we all die anyhow and even of these things that they act like only cigarettes will do to you. You'll just never see pictures like this on the processed foods we eat, a box of snacks, cleaning products, insecticides or cosmetics.

BTW, I also recommend e-cigs for those who want to quit. Over two years and working wonderful for me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I can appreciate your view however you're not understanding what I am saying.
My view is that on one side you have the medical community stating that smoking causes this and that.
Yet on the other side of the coin you have people dying of this and that who don't smoke...
Logic would say that smoking is not the cause, only an easy Scapegoat...

Of course this is my opinion and I have no evidence to back that up.

The way I see it I have a better chance of dying in a car accident than dying from smoking. Doesn't mean I don't drive. I enjoy smoking and I enjoy driving. I'm not close to stopping either of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
I hate to burst anyone's bubble and I certainly do encourage everyone to stop smoking but..... most of the shock pictures and videos I see..... I see in real life individuals on my job in health care and most of those patients never smoked.

In other words.... smoking is certainly not good for us but we all die anyhow and even of these things that they act like only cigarettes will do to you. You'll just never see pictures like this on the processed foods we eat, a box of snacks, cleaning products, insecticides or cosmetics.

BTW, I also recommend e-cigs for those who want to quit. Over two years and working wonderful for me.

I have removed tumors, during autopsy..

It is pretty gross.

I think cancer is just in us, genetically.

80% of men over 75-80? has prostate cancer.

Heck, I seen dogs get bladder cancer.

Fido never lit up.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join