It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Cult of Mithra infiltrated the Church of Rome

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You are right, i did not create this thread to attack anyone. I created it to show people what is laying under the surface of what theyre doing because i do not believe they know. I was called to be a minister, but i refuse to go to seminary school to be brainwashed. I rather walk with the spirit. Jeremiah didn't balk when he was a youth and God told him to gather the people and tell them what he wanted them to know and i can not balk at it either. I told him if he showed me the truth i would say whatever he wanted me to. This is me loving these poor people enough to show them what they are doing to open their eyes. Yeshua pissed alot of people off telling them what they did not want to hear, but he did what he had to do and so must i.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well, here's the problem with your attempted outreach. You make a tremendous amount of factual errors and when that is pointed out you ignore your previous errors and make new ones. Your research is cut and paste from other sources and you don't seem to bother to check and see if their claims are valid.

That is easily seen as intellectually dishonest and makes it easier to dismiss everything else you have to say.

You would have a lot more credibility if you would say something along the lines of 'I see now that what I posted there was not accurate, but it doesn't take away from my point as here is other supporting evidence' instead of blithely ignoring when people point out your false claims.

Eric

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
MORE LIES AND ERRORS AND JUST PLAIN JUNK FROM THE OPENING POST-

AD 300 Baptism by immersion changed to affusion (sprinkling).

WRONG In the river Jordan the water was only knee deep. People knelt in the water and had it poured over them. In all the early churches this is how they did it. They also baptised by dunking and by sprinkling. Baptism was done many ways. SO WHAT? The intent is the same.

AD 300 Prayers for the dead. (Against Deuteronomy 18 and Jeremiah 8).

WRONG. Prayers for the dead have been around forever and are part of the Jewish faith and were brought forward in Christianity through 2 Maccabees.

AD 310 Making the sign of the CROSS.

Again .. SO WHAT if people make the sign of the cross? Like it's a bad thing? POPPYCOCK!

AD 375 Veneration of angels and dead saints.

COMMUNION OF SAINTS. It's scriptural.

AD 394 The Sacrament of the Mass:

WRONG. The first mass was at the last supper. Jesus Himself commanded it be continued.

AD 500 Priestcraft began to dress in priestly garb.

WRONG. Priests dress in robes. Ministers have their collars. Rabbis have their tassles. Buddhist monks have their robes. Nuns have their garments. In the O.T. God commanded the Jewish priests/rabbis to wear certain bestments. SO WHAT? people can wear whatever they want. Their vestments aren't a bad thing no matter how you try to make it sound like it is.

AD 526 Sacrament of Extreme Unction.

WRONG. 'Last Rites' is a blessing for the sick and it was used by James the Apostle (see scripture) and carried down from that teaching/tradition.

AD 593 Doctrine of Purgatory -- by Gregory (against John 5:24, 1 John 1:7-9, 2:1-2, Romans 8:1).

WRONG - Purgatory is scriptural

AD 600 Latin language ONLY language permitted for prayer (against 1 Corinthians 14:9).

WRONG. Latin is the official language of the church. Just like English is the official language of the USA. In order to keep everything understandable to all involved, everything was done in Latin .. just as all official documents in the USA are done in English. People were allowed and ENCOURAGED to pray, that being in whatever language they wanted. To say that Latin was the only language permitted for prayer is ABSURD.

AD 750 Temporal power of pope declared (against Matthew 4:8-9, 20:25-26, John 18:38).

WRONG. Matthew 16:18 gives the pope his authority. It comes from Christ.

AD 995 Canonization of dead saints (against Romans 1:7, 1 Corinthians 1:2).

WRONG. The COMMUNION OF SAINTS did not start in 995AD and it is NOT against scripture to ask those who have gone to heaven to pray for you. Get educated - The communion of the saints

AD 998 Fasting on Fridays and during Lent (against Matthew 15:11, 1 Corinthians 10:25, 1 Timothy 4:1-8).

WRONG. Fasting is in scripture and even Christ Himself said that we'd all have time for fasting when he was gone. Fasting is not a bad thing and is not against scripture no matter how much you want it to be.

AD 1079 Celibacy of priesthood/priestcraft declared (married priests ordered to cast off wives, against 1 Timothy 3:2-5, 3:12, Matthew 8:14-15).

WRONG. So priests aren't allowed to marry at this time. SO WHAT? Matthew 19:12 - Jesus supports it. In I Corinthians 7:8-9 Paul says “To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion”.

AD 1090 Institution of rosary prayer beads,

WRONG. 1221 AD. Again ... SO WHAT? They are prayer and meditation beads and all the prayers are from scripture and give glory to God and His works.

AD 1215 Confession of sins to priest ordered (against Psalm 51:1-10, Luke 7:48 and 15:21, 1 John 1:8-9).

WRONG. Christ Himself ordered it. I CONFESSION It is scriptural. "As the Father has sent me, even so I send you. . . . Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained" (John 20:21–23).

AD 1220 Adoration of the wafer "host" (matzah adoration! Against John 4:24).

WRONG. The Catholics have ALWAYS believed that the Eucharist is Christ. They have ALWAYS protected it with their lives. Again .. see John 6 and the Last Supper scripture readings.

AD 1229 Scriptures forbidden to laymen (against John 5:39, 8:31, 2 Timothy 3:15-17).

WRONG. You've been told this before.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
i did not create this thread to attack anyone.

BS ALERT. That baptist missionary cult you belong to bashes everyone who doesn't believe in the same way that they do. Facts be damned. Truth be damned. :shk:

Yeshua pissed alot of people off telling them what they did not want to hear, .

You are doing exactly what the people who walked away from Christ did. You don't want to hear facts and you refuse to listen. You only want to hear what fits into the cult that you belong to. Congratulations.

Christ in the Eucharist

Jesus first repeated what he said, then summarized: "‘I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.’ The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, ‘How can this man give us his flesh to eat?’" (John 6:51–52).

His listeners were stupefied because now they understood Jesus literally—and correctly. He again repeated his words, but with even greater emphasis, and introduced the statement about drinking his blood: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" (John 6:53–56).

No Corrections

Notice that Jesus made no attempt to soften what he said, no attempt to correct "misunderstandings," for there were none. Our Lord’s listeners understood him perfectly well. They no longer thought he was speaking metaphorically. If they had, if they mistook what he said, why no correction?

Oh .. and there is this from the Opening Post that wouldn't fit in the previous page.

AD 1439 Purgatory declared

WRONG

AD 1508 Mary "Mother of God" (against Matthew 12:46-50, Mark 8:19-21, Acts 1:14).

WRONG. Mary has always been the mother of God. Jesus is God. Therefore, she is the mother of God. SO WHAT? To say that she is His mother doesn't take away from God. It's just a fact.

AD 1545 Church tradition equal to scripture (against Matthew 15:6, Mark 7:7-13, Colossians 2:8 -- also ADDS all of above and many other dogma to Council of Nice!).

Scripture itself says that holy traditions should be held onto and handed down. And scripture itself says that scripture doesn't hold all the facts and truth that were taught. My god .. don't you even read the bible that you profess to adhere to? Scripture and Tradition - read it and get educated.

AD 1580 Pope declared to be LORD God (that ought to just about be enough to get some people roasted).

TOTAL BS ... the Catholic church is VERY clear that the pope is not God. ABSURD.

AD 1593 "Ave Maria" adopted.

A song about the Mother of Christ. So what?

AD 1710 Stuffed donkey in Verona, Italy, at Church of the Madonna of the Organs, decreed to be the actual animal the Messiah entered Jerusalem on!

So some peasants did something silly. again ... SO WHAT? Are you going to tell me that Baptists don't do silly things? Considering what you have posted here ... it certainly looks like they do!

I couldn't stop laughing for hours!

For hours eh? Sounds like you have a serious problem. See a health professional ...

AD 1854 Immaculate Conception of Virgin Mary (against Romans 3:23, 5:12, Psalm 51:5, Jeremiah 17:9).
AD 1864

NOT against scripture. Read and learn ... "full of grace" from scripture

Mary proclaimed sinless (against Romans 3:10-19 & 23). AD 1870

NOT against scripture Read and learn ... "full of grace" from scripture

Papal infallibility decreed (against 2 Thessalonians 2:2-12, Revelation 17:1-9, 13:5-8, 18).
AD 1907

NOT against scripture - Papacy information . Matthew 16:18 - Christ speaks "you are Peter, the rock, and upon this rock I shall build my church. And the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"

All sciences condemned. AD 1922

ABSURD. The vatican has it's own space observatory and has embraced the fact that evolution could exist and still be ordered by God, etc etc. Do you even bother to read and examine what you post or do you just cut and paste those idiotic Jack Chick tracts?

Pope declared to be Yeshua the Messiah!

Wrong. Peter - the first head of the church - declared Jesus to be the Son of God in scripture. Or don't you read scripture? The Catholic church has ALWAYS believed that Jesus was the Son of God and the Messiah.

AD 1930 All public schools condemned.

Absolutely false

AD 1950 Declaration of the bodily assumption of the Virgin Mary into heaven.

The Catholic church has always believed this of Mary. It's based on scripture and on the tradition that surrounds her empty tomb. read and learn She was 'full of grace'. She would not have to rot in the grave.

Reading I: Revelation 11: 19, 12: 1-6, 10
Reading II: Corinthians 15: 20-26
Gospel: Luke 1: 39-56
edit on 4/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I hear ya bro...

back in the day there was such a thing as discipline, and I for one still believe in it

I'm weird in the way that my surrounding and environment effect me, just as other peoples attitudes.

it sucks being born an evil left hander meaning I kinda 'feel' colors and tones like from instruments and also others words/posture.

when all's well I'm well too but you should see me trying to judge the perfect spot to say have a picnic at! it'll take me hours sometimes cause everything has to be feeling kosher.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Reincarnation and the Bible. Biblical texts that seem to imply belief in reincarnation:

1. Matthew 11,14 and 17,12-13, concerning the identity of John the Baptist;

Luke 1:11-17 shows how John was born filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, which is where/how Elijah also received his power.

11) Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12) When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13) But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14) He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15) for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16) He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17) And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

2. John 9,2, "Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?";

And how did Jesus answer this question in John 9:3?

3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

3. John 3,3, "No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again";

Once again, this is answered in the following verses of John 3:4-6. It is a spiritual transformation, not a physical one. The reference to being born of water is baptism.

4) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

4. James 3,6, "the wheel of nature";

You need to read the entire verse and verses following it. It's clearly speaking about the power of words. Here are the verses in their entirety in James 3:6-8.

6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. 7) For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: 8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

5. Galatians 6,7, "A man reaps what he sows";

Let's read the very next verse in Galatians 6:8. Live in the Spirit, not the flesh.

8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

6. Matthew 26,52, "all who draw the sword will die by the sword";

I don't know what the above verse has to do with reincarnation, but here's how the Bible tells us to counter other people who want to fight with the sword in Ephesians 6:17.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Scientific Proof of Reincarnation

I have been seeing the dead all of my life. So have many thousands of people all over the world. Just because your book doesn't talk about it doesn't mean it is not real.

That was a very interesting link. The vast majority of cases all come out of Asia where people practice Hindu and Buddhism. Ironically, although they believe in reincarnation, they don't like to talk about it and find most cases to be very negative in nature. The largest percentage of cases usually involve a violent death in the previous life. Maybe this should be telling us something.

Don't take this as an insult, but it is my opinion that those who see the dead are seeing fallen angels who transform into the spirits of the dead to make you believe you're seeing the dead. Same with reincarnation. Spirits of a fallen nature leading people to believe they've lived past lives.

This is definitely one of those topics where we can all speculate, but won't have the answer until after this life is over for sure! So, keep in mind, everything I've stated here is my opinion only. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Look at the monstrance, this thing right here is an abomination to the eyes of God. Just looking at it you can see this thing is an idol.

Take the starburst away from the hole the eucharist goes in and it's a circle, with a cross ontop with it is the symbol for female. Replace the starburst and you have a star which our sun is a star. It is sungoddess worship.

See the female sign?

See the eucharist hole in Ishtar's/Inanna's chest? Ishtar/Inanna is a sungoddess, and that isn't Mary hovering over the ark in this picture. See the crescent moon? Do not catholics refer to Mary as the "bright and morning star?" i have heard them say this myself.

Adoration of the sungoddess, it does';t get anymore pagan than this and if you cannot see this you are beyond any help i can provide. Yeshua will have to wake you up himself if you cannot see that this is wrong by what i show you. The clergy is hiding this in front of you all and having you do this and most of you are so brainwashed you deny it.

Go read the Council of Jerusalem and see what the apostles said about partaking of food and drink offered to idols. Transubstantiation of the eucharist alone is sorcery because youre turning it into his actual flesh and the wine his blood and both partaking are sins because cannibalism is a sin and so is consumption of blood. Communion is the breaking of bread in remembrance of him, Yeshua did not tell you to magically transmute the bread and wine literally into his body. This is vampirism you're doing.

Look at the pictures alone, a picture says a thousand words.
edit on 22-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Here is my explanation for what Christ was telling people in John 6 as it relates to the Eucharist.

First of all, Jesus starts by telling them this in John 6:40

40) And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Obviously, Jesus explaining the above was not enough for them to understand what He was saying, so he followed by saying this in John 6:44. He's trying to tell them how the Holy Spirit works, but they still don't understand what He's saying.

44) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So, he tries to tell them once again in John 6:47-48 this way, but they still don't understand.

47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48) I am that bread of life.

So, as Jesus goes on to explain how He is the "bread of life", they still question him because they still don't understand. The only way to get them to understand that Jesus himself was the way, the truth and the life and combine it with the knowledge of how to get the Holy Spirit to enter into them so that they would realize it, He had to state this in John 6:54-57.

54) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55) For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

The only way to get them to understand how the Holy Spirit enters the soul was to use physical terms, so He used the analogy of eating His flesh and drinking His blood, because it was the only way that they were going to understand how the Holy Spirit enters them to lead them to understand that the way to God was through Him (Jesus Christ).

Jesus told them that He was talking to them through the Holy Spirit and that they too would receive the Holy Spirit and understand what He was saying once they believed in Him, and that He was the way to eternal life.

John 6:63

63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So, Jesus has told them, "THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT".

This was the only way to get them to understand how the Holy Spirit works and fills them, because we all know that people (or even one person) didn't clamor to Jesus' body after His death to eat His flesh or actually drink His blood. So, they must have understood what He was saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Look at the monstrance, this thing right here is an abomination to the eyes of God. Just looking at it you can see this thing is an idol.

Again ... John 6 ... the Catholics are worshipping CHRIST in the eucharist.
Worshipping Christ is NOT idolatry.

Take the starburst away from the hole the eucharist goes in and it's a circle, with a cross ontop with it is the symbol for female. Replace the starburst and you have a star which our sun is a star. It is sungoddess worship.

Listen to yourself ... in otherwords take away what it REALLY is and insert what you want it to be and then poof you get sungoddess worship. :shk:

if you cannot see this you are beyond any help i can provide.

Right back atchya.

[qutoe] Transubstantiation of the eucharist alone is sorcery
Tell that to Christ .... 'Amen Amen I say to you unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink His Blood you will not have life within you"

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

You are welcome to believe that interpretation just as much as the Catholics are welcome to believe it as a literally interpretation and the fundamentalists to believe it as imagery, etc etc. There are a whole lot of interpretations of scripture and ... no matter what lonewolf says ...Christians aren't going to hell because they interpret that it's okay to have a 'pouring baptism' rather than an 'dunking baptism' (or the other way around) .. and they aren't going to hell because they believe Christs words literally rather than figuratively (or the other way around) .... etc etc

what is a real hoot, however, is that many fundamentalists like Lonewolf pound on people to take the bible literally, but then when the eucharist comes up they suddenly switch to 'it's just imagery ... communion is a symbol .. christ didn't mean it literally".

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So, you specifically reply to my post about how you post falsehoods and ignore corrections to those falsehoods with a post that ignores everything that I said.

Do you find that at all amusing? I do.

Why should anyone believe anything you say when it's been demonstrated time and again that you post things that aren't true and seemingly don't care? It would be one thing if they were mistakes, but it's clear that you don't mind making false claims as long as those claims are against an institution that you are opposed to.

Would it be fair to assume that you don't object to bearing false witness?

Eric

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by autowrench

autowrench... do you believe Jesus is God...

No, I do not. He never said that. And anyway, these stories all came from a Roman Family, thought we had established that already? There could not have been anyone named "Jesus," plain and simple. The letter "J" is not that old, and there are no vowels in the Hebrew Language. The only documentation that he even lived in the New Testament, and don't say Flavius Josephus, he has been connected to Arrius Piso, after all.

and do you believe in God at all?

if you don't mind indulging me.

Yes, I do. Just not in the God Christians do. I know way too much about him. And lastly, a Man is not a God, no matter how bad you want that to be. Read the material again and the links, and educate yourself? And I do not mind answering questions, as long as you are ready for answers.
edit on 4/23/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by SisyphusRide

we're here in this section to research beliefs, not to attack others.

You don't think this thread was created to attack others?

No. I created the thread for two reasons. One, to further educate those Christians who come in here posing KJV Bible quotes and claiming it to be the word of God. I did what anyone so inclined could do. I used a search engine, and read some books. If I wished to attack you, I could easily do that. Not my way at all.

About this god that Lonewolf made, it is not Jesus or God, or anyone else. It is a god made up by people with the intention of subverting and ultimately destroying Christianity and outlawing it as an offense to Jews, where saying the name of Jesus will be considered "hate speech".
Look at the Book of Acts, where the disciples were arrested and beaten for "saying the name". The name they were saying was not Yeshua, which would have been ignored, but they were saying, Jesus, which they took offence to and threatened their lives for saying. The same sort of people are doing that today and Lonewolf appears to have been taken in by that spirit of antichrist.

I have to admit, I have no idea of the god that Lonewolf made, nor do I care. A person's God is their business, is it not? And if you wish me to refer to anything, please, refrain from asking me to look in the KJV Bible. I have read through it many times, researched it, tore into it, and came up with some curious things. Hebrews and Jewish people do not believe in a Jesus.
I dare say there is no "Anti-Christ", it is more like an "Anti-Christianity" movement, trying to remove their influence from government, politics, schools, and everything else they have their greedy paws into.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

thanks for your input... ya could've kept it short and sweet and direct though, I like to operate that way and it was a simple question. I do not need nor have I asked for your reasoning.

I only needed to know where you stand.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No. I created the thread for two reasons.

From looking at the OP, Lonewolf started this thread, so I was not talking about you, I meant him, and his anti-Catholic obsession.

A person's God is their business, is it not?

It is something akin to copyright infringement to claim to be Christian when you worship as Christ some dude other than Jesus. I am all for everyone inventing their own religion but the name "Christian" is already taken.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Don't take this as an insult, but it is my opinion that those who see the dead are seeing fallen angels who transform into the spirits of the dead to make you believe you're seeing the dead. Same with reincarnation. Spirits of a fallen nature leading people to believe they've lived past lives.

This is definitely one of those topics where we can all speculate, but won't have the answer until after this life is over for sure! So, keep in mind, everything I've stated here is my opinion only. Thank you.

No, thank you for your respect, and your candor. I would say sooner than later you will get your wish, and see the dead like the Hindus do. The dimensions are crossing, and people are reporting ghostly activity all over of late. We have a ghost that live in our home, a small girl of perhaps 8, dressed like they did in the 19th Century. Our dog raises cain whenever she is near, and we all have seen here. My very life was saved by ghosts, at least my three friends all said they saw hands come out of thin air to grab me back, just before a car on the hoist fell. Yeah, all demons and fallen angels playing tricks on me.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

We have a ghost that live in our home, a small girl of perhaps 8, dressed like they did in the 19th Century. Our dog raises cain whenever she is near, and we all have seen here. My very life was saved by ghosts, at least my three friends all said they saw hands come out of thin air to grab me back, just before a car on the hoist fell. Yeah, all demons and fallen angels playing tricks on me.

It's my belief that there's a difference between angelic Spirits and Ghosts. Not all Spirits are fallen angels, but I believe ghosts are. I notice that you were saved by "hands", not entire apparitions of ghostly people. I would consider this an angelic Spirit, not a ghost.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

54) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55) For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

The only way to get them to understand how the Holy Spirit enters the soul was to use physical terms, so He used the analogy of eating His flesh and drinking His blood, because it was the only way that they were going to understand how the Holy Spirit enters them to lead them to understand that the way to God was through Him (Jesus Christ).

Jesus told them that He was talking to them through the Holy Spirit and that they too would receive the Holy Spirit and understand what He was saying once they believed in Him, and that He was the way to eternal life.

John 6:63

63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So, Jesus has told them, "THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT".

This was the only way to get them to understand how the Holy Spirit works and fills them, because we all know that people (or even one person) didn't clamor to Jesus' body after His death to eat His flesh or actually drink His blood. So, they must have understood what He was saying.

to me this says to make his essence/personality in the Book part of you... to take it to your being.

not to consume literally... In my opinion this is a major problem with linear thinking and I understand why them Roman Catholics consider the lefties evil! I was punished for it in the public school system growing up too, sent to the principal crying because the edge of the ruler was taken to my knuckles because I just couldn't write with my right hand.

consider in another part of the bible where it says if you consume certain knowledge it will make you sick (turn bitter in your stomach)

...excellent post info, thx.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's my belief that there's a difference between angelic Spirits and Ghosts. Not all Spirits are fallen angels, but I believe ghosts are. I notice that you were saved by "hands", not entire apparitions of ghostly people. I would consider this an angelic Spirit, not a ghost.

I do not understand where this belief comes from. There were 600 Fallen Angels, as there were 600 "IGGY" in the Annunaki rebels. People all over the world see ghosts, I have seen them for all of my life. Are you suggesting to me that everytime I see one of my passed over relatives, what I am really seeing is a Fallen Angel?
I consider that a direct insult to all of the fallen soldiers who haunt Gettysburg, and all of the other battlefields haunted by the fallen soldiers. Also, all of the dead relatives that guide and help the human race. I believe you need to actually see, and speak with a ghost before you can make such a far reaching assumption like that.

To hear Christians tell it, there must be about a billion Fallen Angels, and a billion more Demons, and one little dead black guy to fight them all. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Think I will just believe that instead. That seems to be your wish, after all. Is this what it takes to be a Christian? What sect are you, anyway, Quaker?

One of the most haunted buildings on campus is said to be Pennsylvania Hall, a large building with stately white columns. It once served as a dormitory for students and now houses the campus administrative offices. The hall was constructed in 1837 and is often referred to as Old Dorm. The large structure was taken over by the Confederates during the battle, not only for use as a field hospital, but as a look-out post as well. A number of officers, including General Lee, used the cupola of the Old Dorm to keep an eye on the progress of the battle.

It has been said that on certain nights, students and staff members of the college have reported seeing the figures of soldiers pacing back and forth in the cupola of the building. The descriptions of the men vary but it is believed they may be sentries who were placed on duty there to guard the safety of Lee, or to deliver messages to the battlefield.
source
So some of the Fallen stand guard all the time for the other Fallen Angels posing as dead soldiers?

THE PHANTOM SURGERY

One hundred years previous, the building had been used as a field hospital for many of the fierce battle’s wounded. But on this night, as the two administrators were taking the elevator from the fourth floor down to the first, the long-ago nightmare wasn’t even on their minds.

Inexplicably, the elevator passed the first floor and continued on to the basement. When the doors opened, the administrators could scarcely believe their eyes. What they knew to be storage space was replaced by a scene from the hospital: dead and dying men were lying about on the floor; blood-covered doctors and orderlies were rushing about chaotically, trying desperately to save their lives. No sound emanated from the ghastly sight, but both administrators saw it clearly.

Horrified, they frantically pushed the elevator button to close the doors. As the doors closed, they said, one of the orderlies looked up and directly at them, seeming to see them, and with a pleading expression on his face.
source
Tell me please, why are these Fallen Angels pose as dead and dying soldiers and surgeons, and why would they bleed all over the floor?

Although it has been said that a majority of paranormal experiences involve only the senses of smelling or hearing, this detail seems to be disproved when speaking with people who have had experiences at Gettysburg. A great number of paranormal reports from the battlefield seem to involve seeing soldiers in the blue or the gray. They are sometimes seen in a fog or mist, and sometimes standing there just as plain as a traveling companion. Frequently it is indeed a smell or sound that is reported. Sounds of the battle are heard, cries of the wounded and dying, commands to run, hit the ground, or fire.
source
So why are all of these Fallen Angels hanging around a Civil War battlefield all of the time then? I have been to the battlefield many times, and everyone who works there has seen them. I myself have seen both Union, and Confederate soldiers doing close order drill. I myself have smelled the gunpowder, and heard the screams of the wounded. These Fallen Angels must be awfully bored if they do these things, every day of the year!
Care to comment, and answer my questions?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Autowrench, here's a link to a website that I would like for you to read and then give me your thoughts.

When Ghosts Come To Call: The Truth About Ghosts

www.staciespielman.com...

Also, there are other links in the left hand column that might be of interest to you too.

This sums up exactly what I've always believed.

In fact, if you're willing, I would like to ask you to do what she suggests the next time you see the ghost of a dead person and let me know how or if it worked. It may be the only way to confirm or not confirm what I believe to be true.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join